Clarion PDF Template

I am using C6.3 and do not currently have the PDF Extension templates and
would like an answer to one question before I purchase it.

I need to create a report in pdf format and use a variable to name the
report and save it to a directory other than my data source directory (the
destination directory will be part of the variable file name) but NOT have
the pdf file opened after creation.  Does the template permit this?

Thanks

Theo von Solms

0
theo1625 (1)

You need to get an answer from Soft Velocity, rather than relying on a reply
from here.

I believe the answer is Yes, but don't quote me if I am wrong! <g>

"Theo von Solms" <theo@bigbodies.co.za> wrote in message
>I am using C6.3 and do not currently have the PDF Extension templates and
>would like an answer to one question before I purchase it.
>
> I need to create a report in pdf format and use a variable to name the
> report and save it to a directory other than my data source directory (the
> destination directory will be part of the variable file name) but NOT have
> the pdf file opened after creation.  Does the template permit this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Theo von Solms

Theo,

> I need to create a report in pdf format and use a variable to name the
> report and save it to a directory other than my data source directory (the
> destination directory will be part of the variable file name) but NOT have
> the pdf file opened after creation.  Does the template permit this?

Yes.

--
Lee White

RPM Report Viewer.: http://www.cwaddons.com/products/rpm/
RPM Review........: http://www.clarionmag.com/cmag/v11/v11n06rpm.html
Report Faxing.....: http://www.cwaddons.com/products/afe/
---Enroll Today---: http://CWaddons.com

Enhanced Reporting: http://www.cpcs-inc.com

0
Lee
7/15/2010 11:00:51 PM
Hi Theo,

I think SV PDF templates permit this.
You can also check our wPDFControl wrapper which also allows to create PDF
files
http://www.klarisoft.com/KSNews_127.htm

Leonid Chudakov
chudakov@klarisoft.com
Cool tools and Clarion examples at
http://www.klarisoft.com

"Theo von Solms" <theo@bigbodies.co.za> wrote in message
> I am using C6.3 and do not currently have the PDF Extension templates and
> would like an answer to one question before I purchase it.
>
> I need to create a report in pdf format and use a variable to name the
> report and save it to a directory other than my data source directory (the
> destination directory will be part of the variable file name) but NOT have
> the pdf file opened after creation.  Does the template permit this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Theo von Solms

0
chudakov (75)
7/16/2010 4:06:52 AM
Hi Theo,

And code to support this ::

PDFReporter.SetUp            PROCEDURE

  CODE

  PARENT.SetUp
  SELF.SetFileName('')
*** my embedded code
  EXECUTE Import_Transfer
     SELF.SetFileName('.\MBReports\Import_' & FORMAT(TODAY(),@D12) & '_' &
FORMAT(CLOCK(),@T05B) & '.PDF')
     SELF.SetFileName('.\MBReports\Transfer_' & FORMAT(TODAY(),@D12) & '_' &
FORMAT(CLOCK(),@T05B) & '.PDF')
  END
***
  SELF.SetDocumentInfo('MB Interface Report', 'PLMBIFace', 'PLMBIFace', 'PLMBIFace', '', '')
  SELF.SetPagesAsParentBookmark(False)
  SELF.CompressText   = True
  SELF.CompressImages = True

But since you have not purchased it so far I would suggest looking at PDF-Tools
SDK from http://www.tracker-software.com/buy-now/sdk if you don't mind spending
the extra $400 ($199 vs $599). It will be well worth it in the long run.

Regards

Shankar
0
Shankar
7/16/2010 6:56:54 AM
Hi Theo,

Yes it does, however I recommend also considering Tracker's excellent PDF
Tools. Tracker's solution is very fast, efficient and produces PDF files
smaller than pretty much anything out there. Their support is top notch, as
is the quality of the product itself.

--
Regards,

Sean Cameron
CapeSoft
www.capesoft.com

Work Smarter, Not Harder!

"Theo von Solms" <theo@bigbodies.co.za> wrote in message
> I am using C6.3 and do not currently have the PDF Extension templates and
> would like an answer to one question before I purchase it.
>
> I need to create a report in pdf format and use a variable to name the
> report and save it to a directory other than my data source directory (the
> destination directory will be part of the variable file name) but NOT have
> the pdf file opened after creation.  Does the template permit this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Theo von Solms

It really does it. But SV output to PDF template have incompatibility
problems with baltic and orher non latin characters.

--
Regards,
Linas Norkus

"Theo von Solms" <theo@bigbodies.co.za> para�� naujien�
> I am using C6.3 and do not currently have the PDF Extension templates and
> would like an answer to one question before I purchase it.
>
> I need to create a report in pdf format and use a variable to name the
> report and save it to a directory other than my data source directory (the
> destination directory will be part of the variable file name) but NOT have
> the pdf file opened after creation.  Does the template permit this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Theo von Solms

0
linas1 (14)
7/16/2010 8:12:19 AM
Yet another YES.  I do this exact thing in the code frequently.  I also name
PDF files at runtime save them and email them without the user ever print
previewing the output.

Give me a holler if you don't like the code you've been sent.

Rick D.

On Friday, July 16, 2010 at 7:56:03 AM UTC-5, Richard Dafler wrote:
> Yet another YES.  I do this exact thing in the code frequently.  I also name
> PDF files at runtime save them and email them without the user ever print
> previewing the output.
>
> Give me a holler if you don't like the code you've been sent.
>
> Rick D.
>
> "Theo von Solms" <theo@bigbodies.co.za> wrote in message
> >I am using C6.3 and do not currently have the PDF Extension templates and
> >would like an answer to one question before I purchase it.
> >
> > I need to create a report in pdf format and use a variable to name the
> > report and save it to a directory other than my data source directory (the
> > destination directory will be part of the variable file name) but NOT have
> > the pdf file opened after creation.  Does the template permit this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Theo von Solms

Hello Richard,

i know this is a really old post but i am trying to make report to pdf work but it is not creating the PDF so something i might be doing wrong. can you help me out please

Thanks!
0
elvis0288