Problems with Clarion 6 PE and Windows 7 Prof. 64-Bit

Hi there,

I am sorry, if the following problem was already posted, but I can't find a
thread about this problem.

I have installed my Clarion 6 PE on a new Windows 7 Prof. 64-Bit. But
Clarion did not start. I got the error message, that the version of this
program is not compatible with the windows version.

What can I do, to start my Clarion? I have tried all compatibles modes in
Windows 7. But nothing works.

Thanks for helping and your patience.

Kind regards

Karri

It is because the Clarion IDE is 16 bit.
you can set up a virtual machine usisg VM Player or Virtual box or
microsoft's xpmode all of those are free.
I used X Pmode initially, but switched to VM Player as it is much more
stable
Jim

On 8/17/2011 10:01 AM, Karri Burhannen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am sorry, if the following problem was already posted, but I can't
> find a thread about this problem.
>
> I have installed my Clarion 6 PE on a new Windows 7 Prof. 64-Bit. But
> Clarion did not start. I got the error message, that the version of
> this program is not compatible with the windows version.
>
> What can I do, to start my Clarion? I have tried all compatibles modes
> in Windows 7. But nothing works.
>
> Thanks for helping and your patience.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Karri

0
jrb6 (18)
8/17/2011 7:33:18 PM
On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:01:20 +0200, Karri Burhannen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am sorry, if the following problem was already posted, but I can't find a
> thread about this problem.
>
> I have installed my Clarion 6 PE on a new Windows 7 Prof. 64-Bit. But
> Clarion did not start.

Karri,

Jim gave you the basic reason - 16 bit program (C6 IDE) doesn't work in
Windows 7 64 bit - I have some additional information contained in a
resourceful CHM format - free to download - since you have W7 Pro - you can
use the XP Mode to run a 32 bit virtual machine to run C6 IDE.

Previously written:

Most of us use 32 bit OS virtual machines for C6 IDE, so our HOST operating
system is W7 64 bit and takes full advantage of memory allocation.

I wrote a help topic to remind others about C6 IDE use and C6 use in C7/C8.

Product Description - App Data UAC Safe, MFG - Encourager Software
Internet Link - http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=120

Download CHM version of this blog

Help topic - C6 In Windows 7 64 - Vista 64

There are TWO sections in this message - the first, you use a 64 bit OS as
your main computer OS, then to use the C6 IDE, you MUST use a 32 bit OS to
run it - common practice is to use a virtual machine to run the 32 bit OS.

The 2nd section shows how you can STILL put Clarion 6 to good use in a 64
bit OS - BUT NOT for IDE use - but for use with Clarion 7/8

A Related help topic is:

C6 IDE - Virtual Machine in Windows 7 64 bit

David

--
From David Troxell - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com