TPS ODBC driver for import in SQL Server

Hi All,

I have a once of need for importing TPS files into SQL server.
Unfortunattely, as I only need it once, purchasing the ODBC driver is
outside my budget.
At a stage there was a copy of the ODBC driver available on the Internet,
but it no longer floats.

Would anybody be so kind to convert the TPS files for me, 3.2MB in total. Or
any other solution?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please reply or e-mail pvgwiskundeNOSPAM@hotmail.com (remove NOSPAM)

Patrick van Geenen

0
me6228 (357)

The TPS ODBC driver allows you to "import" the data from your TPS file into
SQL Server.

But you can also "export" your data from Clarion into SQL Server. No TPS
ODBC driver is needed.

Bob.

"news.mweb.co.za" <me@home.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a once of need for importing TPS files into SQL server.
> Unfortunattely, as I only need it once, purchasing the ODBC driver is
> outside my budget.
> At a stage there was a copy of the ODBC driver available on the Internet,
> but it no longer floats.
>
> Would anybody be so kind to convert the TPS files for me, 3.2MB in total.
Or
> any other solution?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Please reply or e-mail pvgwiskundeNOSPAM@hotmail.com (remove NOSPAM)
>
> Patrick van Geenen

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the tip, but I am a VB/.NET programmer and have no Clarion
version (5.5 would be needed) ...
Thanks for the quick reply!

Patrick

"Bob Campbell" <SoftwareTailor@msn.com> wrote in message
> The TPS ODBC driver allows you to "import" the data from your TPS file
into
> SQL Server.
>
> But you can also "export" your data from Clarion into SQL Server. No TPS
> ODBC driver is needed.
>
> Bob.
>
> "news.mweb.co.za" <me@home.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a once of need for importing TPS files into SQL server.
> > Unfortunattely, as I only need it once, purchasing the ODBC driver is
> > outside my budget.
> > At a stage there was a copy of the ODBC driver available on the
Internet,
> > but it no longer floats.
> >
> > Would anybody be so kind to convert the TPS files for me, 3.2MB in
total.
> Or
> > any other solution?
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Please reply or e-mail pvgwiskundeNOSPAM@hotmail.com (remove NOSPAM)
> >
> > Patrick van Geenen

0
me6228 (357)
11/26/2003 11:48:36 PM
> > > Would anybody be so kind to convert the TPS files for me, 3.2MB in

Convert it to what? csv?

Zip it and send it to R.Simons@QDL.NL
Regards,
Rene Simons
0
R.Simons (29)
11/27/2003 7:40:01 AM
Patrick,

FM3 will do the trick. http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/fm3sp.htm

--
Geoff (at Capesoft)

PS - All viewpoints regarding Capesoft products are as unbiased as
possible - but there are no guarantees <g>.

Tel: +27 21 715 4000
Fax: +27 21 715 2535
www.capesoft.com
"news.mweb.co.za" <me@home.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a once of need for importing TPS files into SQL server.
> Unfortunattely, as I only need it once, purchasing the ODBC driver is
> outside my budget.
> At a stage there was a copy of the ODBC driver available on the Internet,
> but it no longer floats.
>
> Would anybody be so kind to convert the TPS files for me, 3.2MB in total.
Or
> any other solution?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Please reply or e-mail pvgwiskundeNOSPAM@hotmail.com (remove NOSPAM)
>
> Patrick van Geenen

0
geoff6552 (2)
11/27/2003 9:03:12 AM
Geoff and all,

Patrick is a VB.NET programmer and does not have / use Clarion. FM3
therefore will unfortunately not do the trick! <g> However, if any FM3
owners agree to convert the file for him, then FM3 will do it effortlessly!

Thanks.
--
--------------------------
Lesley Dean

"Geoff Thomson" <geoff@NOSPAMcapesoft.com> wrote in message
> Patrick,
>
> FM3 will do the trick. http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/fm3sp.htm
>
> --
> Geoff (at Capesoft)
>
> PS - All viewpoints regarding Capesoft products are as unbiased as
> possible - but there are no guarantees <g>.
>
> Tel: +27 21 715 4000
> Fax: +27 21 715 2535
> www.capesoft.com
> "news.mweb.co.za" <me@home.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a once of need for importing TPS files into SQL server.
> > Unfortunattely, as I only need it once, purchasing the ODBC driver is
> > outside my budget.
> > At a stage there was a copy of the ODBC driver available on the
Internet,
> > but it no longer floats.
> >
> > Would anybody be so kind to convert the TPS files for me, 3.2MB in
total.
> Or
> > any other solution?
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Please reply or e-mail pvgwiskundeNOSPAM@hotmail.com (remove NOSPAM)
> >
> > Patrick van Geenen

0
gibson1 (36)
11/27/2003 10:20:50 AM
Thanks for replying!

Converting to .csv, .txt (with any delimiter), .db or any SQL 2000
importable format would do!

> Convert it to what? csv?

0
me6228 (357)
11/28/2003 8:20:49 PM
Hi Patrick,

Open the Topscan files using TopScan.  Export the files to a CSV format.
Use the Bulk Loader utilities to import the CSV files into SQL Server.

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 01:12:08 +0200, news.mweb.co.za wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a once of need for importing TPS files into SQL server.
> Unfortunattely, as I only need it once, purchasing the ODBC driver is
> outside my budget.
> At a stage there was a copy of the ODBC driver available on the Internet,
> but it no longer floats.
>
> Would anybody be so kind to convert the TPS files for me, 3.2MB in total. Or
> any other solution?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Please reply or e-mail pvgwiskundeNOSPAM@hotmail.com (remove NOSPAM)
>
> Patrick van Geenen

0
lanmicro (9)
11/28/2003 10:12:57 PM
No file received yet!!

"news.mweb.co.za" <me@home.com> wrote in message news:<3fc7ae1c.0@news1.mweb.co.za>...
> Thanks for replying!
>
> Converting to .csv, .txt (with any delimiter), .db or any SQL 2000
> importable format would do!
>
> Patrick
>

> "Bob Campbell" <SoftwareTailor@msn.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Convert it to what? csv?