Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0

What issues have you encountered and what were
the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of?

Hi Kevin,

I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into
C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed...  3rd party
stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho...

--
Best Regards,
Earl R Coker

"Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
> What issues have you encountered and what were
> the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of?

0
Earl
11/13/2003 2:03:33 AM
No plobrems at all.

--
Kind regards,
James Cooke

"Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net...
What issues have you encountered and what were
the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of?

Just read the migration and what's new docs.  You will have to pay attention
to threading.  Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of
"worked in 5.5".  You won't be able to get away with things like you could
earlier.

But to a load a 5.5 app to 6 is a breeze.  Only issue is to ensure all your
3rd party tools are the latest and greatest C6 (many participated in the EA
program).

--
Russ Eggen
www.radfusion.com

"Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
What issues have you encountered and what were
the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of?

0
newsgroup845 (204)
11/13/2003 6:37:12 AM
Kevin,

You will need to read the new threading documentation and there is also a
migrating manual.

Michael Gould

"Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
> What issues have you encountered and what were
> the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of?

0
mgould (92)
11/13/2003 10:24:38 AM
Kevin Willis <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net>...
> What issues have you encountered and what were
> the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of?

Can you keep 5.5 working if you load 6.0 or once you upgrade, is 5.5
no longer useable?

I ask because I'll still need to run 5.5 for some apps with 3rd party
templates that are not 6.0 compatible yet, while doing new stuff in
6.0

James
0
james934 (100)
11/13/2003 5:12:38 PM
Hi, got the great C6 and it's running great in coexistence with C5, but
about the subject...what do I do with my C5 apps converting to C6? ...to
make it even trickyer I  also use some modified TinTool templates??
.....havn't tryed yet, but since this question is brought up here, I thought I
could ask..:)   ...

Thank's
Oddvar:)

"Russell B. Eggen" <newsgroup@radfusion.com> skrev i melding
> You can run them at the same time.  I've run C4, C5, C5.5 and C6 all at
the
> same time.  This is because they are installed in different folders.
>
> Installing C6 in the 5.5 folder is NOT recommended.
>
> --
> Russ Eggen
> www.radfusion.com
>

> "Arnett, James" <james@jamesarnett.com> wrote in message
> Can you keep 5.5 working if you load 6.0 or once you upgrade, is 5.5
> no longer useable?
>
> I ask because I'll still need to run 5.5 for some apps with 3rd party
> templates that are not 6.0 compatible yet, while doing new stuff in
> 6.0
>
> James

0
upsoft (3)
11/14/2003 9:40:40 PM
Dunno.  Never tried to upgrade a C5 app.  But I don't think the templates
will be much trouble, unless they use #RUNDLL.

--
Russ Eggen
www.radfusion.com

"Upsoft" <upsoft@online.no> wrote in message
Hi, got the great C6 and it's running great in coexistence with C5, but
about the subject...what do I do with my C5 apps converting to C6? ...to
make it even trickyer I  also use some modified TinTool templates??
......havn't tryed yet, but since this question is brought up here, I thought
could ask..:)   ...

Thank's
Oddvar:)

0
newsgroup845 (204)
11/14/2003 9:43:30 PM
Hi, well I don't, but still I'm not sure what to do with my nice little
TinTool routines.. :-) Assume I'll delete them and go for some newer
metodes...:)

> Dunno.  Never tried to upgrade a C5 app.  But I don't think the templates
> will be much trouble, unless they use #RUNDLL.
>
> --
> Russ Eggen
> www.radfusion.com
>

> "Upsoft" <upsoft@online.no> wrote in message
> Hi, got the great C6 and it's running great in coexistence with C5, but
> about the subject...what do I do with my C5 apps converting to C6? ...to
> make it even trickyer I  also use some modified TinTool templates??
> .....havn't tryed yet, but since this question is brought up here, I
thought
> could ask..:)   ...
>
> Thank's
> Oddvar:)

0
upsoft (3)
11/14/2003 10:17:06 PM
Hi Russ,

On 14 Nov 2003 16:43:30 -0500, Russell B. Eggen
<newsgroup@radfusion.com> wrote:

>Dunno.  Never tried to upgrade a C5 app.  But I don't think the templates
>will be much trouble, unless they use #RUNDLL.

If it uses #RUNDLL and the dll is compiled as 16bit in C5.5, it works
fine in C6<g>  32bit DLLs won't work, but since the 16bit stuff
apparently didn't change at all, the 16bit dll's work fine from the
IDE;)

Best regards,

Arn�r Baldvinsson
Icetips Software
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com
arnor@icetips.com

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/subscribe.php

0
arnor (180)