difference between ',' and 'a,'

Small question.  In gforth is there a difference between the words ',' and  'a,'?

I'm thinking not, so perhaps another question, why have both ',' and 'a,'?

Thanks
0
beeflo
1/9/2015 1:46:03 PM
comp.lang.forth 7147 articles. 0 followers. markrobertwills (871) is leader. Post Follow

Should be the same, in gforth:

see ,
: ,
  here cell allot ! ; ok
see a,
: ,
  here cell allot ! ; ok

On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 5:46:04 AM UTC-8, beeflo wrote:
> Small question.  In gforth is there a difference between the words ',' and  'a,'?
>
> I'm thinking not, so perhaps another question, why have both ',' and 'a,'?
>
> Thanks

0
Mark
1/9/2015 3:20:51 PM
beeflo <beeflobill@gmail.com> writes:
>Small question.  In gforth is there a difference between the words ',' and  'a,'?
>
>I'm thinking not, so perhaps another question, why have both ',' and 'a,'?

In Gforth itself, there is no difference.  In Gforth's cross compiler,
"a," is there for addresses, and "," is there for other cells;
addresses can then be relocated when loading the image.

- anton
--
M. Anton Ertl  http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/home.html
   EuroForth 2014: http://www.euroforth.org/ef14/