Dot above letter eg. Mdot in IDL

Hi all,
how in IDL can I put a dot above a letter?
I know how to make the angstrom (on Coyote's tippage) but a solid dot
above a letter always sits 'half into the letter'. Can anyone help?

Thijs
0
krijger (3)
11/4/2003 4:18:23 PM
comp.lang.idl-pvwave 12260 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

krijger@astro.uu.nl wrote:

> Hi all,
> how in IDL can I put a dot above a letter?
> I know how to make the angstrom (on Coyote's tippage) but a solid dot
> above a letter always sits 'half into the letter'. Can anyone help?
>
> Thijs

in latex this is \dot{B}. textoidl does not know this so this doesn't help.

it seems to me a small routine must be written.

Reimar

--
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de