Dot plot in IDL

Has anybody done a dot plot similar to the one in the link below before with IDL?

http://peltiertech.com/Utility/DotPlotUtility.html

Any help or tips with be welcome.

Marta
0
Marta
11/13/2012 3:21:54 AM
comp.lang.idl-pvwave 12260 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

Marta Yebra writes:

> Has anybody done a dot plot similar to the one in the link below before with IDL?
>
> http://peltiertech.com/Utility/DotPlotUtility.html
>
> Any help or tips with be welcome.

An hour of consulting time could have it on your
doorstep. Interested? :-)

  http://www.idlcoyote.com/store

Cheers,

David

P.S. Documentation (45 minute effort) included!

--
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.

On Tuesday, 13 November 2012 14:43:48 UTC+11, David Fanning  wrote:
> Marta Yebra writes:
>

> > Has anybody done a dot plot similar to the one in the link below before with IDL?
>

> > http://peltiertech.com/Utility/DotPlotUtility.html
>

> > Any help or tips with be welcome.
>

> An hour of consulting time could have it on your
>
> doorstep. Interested? :-)
>

>   http://www.idlcoyote.com/store
>

> Cheers,
>

> David
>

> P.S. Documentation (45 minute effort) included!
>

> --
>
> David Fanning, Ph.D.
>
> Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
>
> Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
>
> Sepore ma de ni thue. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.")

0
JP
11/13/2012 4:27:20 AM
JP writes:

> I'd go for it Marta, $50 much better invested than that crap you linked.
> And all the community will end up having a new cgDotPlot program!! (is that correct David?)

That's correct, although it depends on whether Marta
is wanting to be famous or not. ;-)

Cheers,

David

--
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
Sepore ma de ni thue. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.")
0
David
11/13/2012 4:42:37 AM
David Fanning writes:

> JP writes:
>
> > I'd go for it Marta, $50 much better invested than that crap you linked.
> > And all the community will end up having a new cgDotPlot program!! (is that correct David?)
>
> That's correct, although it depends on whether Marta
> is wanting to be famous or not. ;-)

Here you go, cgDotPlot, paid for and donated to the IDL
community by Marta Yebra of the CSIRO in Australia. Please
sent Marta a note if you find it useful!

Program Code:
   http://www.idlcoyote.com/programs/cgdotplot.pro

Program Docs:
  http://www.idlcoyote.com/idldoc/cg/cgdotplot.html