Hardware suggestions for IDL/ENVI.

Folks,

We have received some funds for hardware which we will run IDL/ENVI
MATLAB, TIMESAT (http://web.nateko.lu.se/timesat/) and Agisoft PhotoScan
on.

We plan to get:
  DELL C4130 server with two Xeon E5-2650 processors
  2 x NVIDIA K80 cards for GPU enable processing
  Some SSD-disk (Samsung pro?)
  Raid-6 with XXX Tbyte disk for storage

Will use LINUX/CENTOS.

Using this hardware we plan to run time-series analysis of MODIS,
SENTINEl-2, LANDSAT data, processing of drone data and standard (but
demanding) image processing tasks with big data sets.

We expect there will be a lot of reading/writing to disk why we hope the
SSD speed up some of these things.

I would appreciate some advice form your extensive experience on
suitable hardware/software configurations and alternatives. What to use
and what NOT to use? Whats important to think of?

Regards
/Jonas Ardö, Lund University, Sweden
0
Jonas
11/28/2016 2:57:45 PM
comp.lang.idl-pvwave 12260 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow