MosaicRaster results in "Unable to Export"

I am running a script that mosaics hundreds of images. I have written simil=
ar scripts before so there probably aren't any obvious mistakes. The script=
 runs until the line=20

MosaicRaster.Export, file, "TIFF".=20

and then stops with the following error

Unable to export raster.
Execution halted at: MOSAICBATCH 26

Is this a known problem? Can you tell me what this error generally refers t=
o? I have tried cutting the number of files from 1200 to 250 and that does =
help, however it doesn't seem to be a problem with memory because I monitor=
 memory use while the script runs and there is plenty of memory available.=
=20
0
lefsky
11/30/2016 8:04:14 PM
comp.lang.idl-pvwave 12260 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

I've never seen this synthax and might come from ENVI, of which I know zero=
..

Typically the command would look like this:
MosaicRaster.Export, file

where file contains something like: "c:\myDir\myFile.tiff"

I've never encountered an error as "Unable to export raster".

My debugging suggestion:
before the save command, let the software print the size of the image. That=
 depends a bit on how your image is defined, but you can either try the FG =
methods getData and/or copyWindow().
Then try to use makearray() to generate an empty array of the given dimensi=
ons (also findgen(), or dist() would do) and try saving that. If it's a siz=
e of the array issue, then you can reduce the size of the array until it wo=
rks. If the size is not the problem, I would look for the presence of !NAN =
by using the finite() function.
At the moment I can't think of other reasons (because I can't reproduce the=
 error!).

Good luck!
Helder

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 9:04:16 PM UTC+1, lef...@gmail.com wrote=
:
> I am running a script that mosaics hundreds of images. I have written sim=
ilar scripts before so there probably aren't any obvious mistakes. The scri=
pt runs until the line=20
>=20
> MosaicRaster.Export, file, "TIFF".=20
>=20
> and then stops with the following error
>=20
> Unable to export raster.
> Execution halted at: MOSAICBATCH 26
>=20
> Is this a known problem? Can you tell me what this error generally refers=
 to? I have tried cutting the number of files from 1200 to 250 and that doe=
s help, however it doesn't seem to be a problem with memory because I monit=
or memory use while the script runs and there is plenty of memory available=
..

0
Helder
11/30/2016 8:16:52 PM
On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 1:04:16 PM UTC-7, lef...@gmail.com wrote=
:
> I am running a script that mosaics hundreds of images. I have written sim=
ilar scripts before so there probably aren't any obvious mistakes. The scri=
pt runs until the line=20
>=20
> MosaicRaster.Export, file, "TIFF".=20
>=20
> and then stops with the following error
>=20
> Unable to export raster.
> Execution halted at: MOSAICBATCH 26
>=20
> Is this a known problem? Can you tell me what this error generally refers=
 to? I have tried cutting the number of files from 1200 to 250 and that doe=
s help, however it doesn't seem to be a problem with memory because I monit=
or memory use while the script runs and there is plenty of memory available=
..

I am able to repeat this error message if the output file path is invalid.

ENVI> r.export, 'n:\program files\blah.tiff', 'TIFF'
% Unable to export raster.
% Execution halted at: $MAIN$         =20

In this case, I have no "n:" drive.

Jim P.
0
Jim
11/30/2016 8:49:38 PM
Helder & Jim-

The getdata function returns only a !NULL value. Copywindow appears to be f=
or copying from a graphic window.=20

Jim- You'd think it was a file problem, but it isn't. When the program stop=
s, I can use openw and the filename I generated and then write a 1.6 Gb fil=
e without a problem. There is 1.2 Tb available so size isn't a problem. Als=
o, the error shows up if I specify TIFF or ENVI format.=20

Looks like it is internal to the Mosaicraster tool.=20

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 1:49:40 PM UTC-7, Jim P wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 1:04:16 PM UTC-7, lef...@gmail.com wro=
te:
> > I am running a script that mosaics hundreds of images. I have written s=
imilar scripts before so there probably aren't any obvious mistakes. The sc=
ript runs until the line=20
> >=20
> > MosaicRaster.Export, file, "TIFF".=20
> >=20
> > and then stops with the following error
> >=20
> > Unable to export raster.
> > Execution halted at: MOSAICBATCH 26
> >=20
> > Is this a known problem? Can you tell me what this error generally refe=
rs to? I have tried cutting the number of files from 1200 to 250 and that d=
oes help, however it doesn't seem to be a problem with memory because I mon=
itor memory use while the script runs and there is plenty of memory availab=
le.
>=20
> I am able to repeat this error message if the output file path is invalid=
..
>=20
> ENVI> r.export, 'n:\program files\blah.tiff', 'TIFF'
> % Unable to export raster.
> % Execution halted at: $MAIN$         =20
>=20
> In this case, I have no "n:" drive.
>=20
> Jim P.

0
lefsky
12/2/2016 4:16:34 PM
On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 9:16:37 AM UTC-7, lef...@gmail.com wrote:
> Helder & Jim-
>=20
> The getdata function returns only a !NULL value. Copywindow appears to be=
 for copying from a graphic window.=20
>=20
> Jim- You'd think it was a file problem, but it isn't. When the program st=
ops, I can use openw and the filename I generated and then write a 1.6 Gb f=
ile without a problem. There is 1.2 Tb available so size isn't a problem. A=
lso, the error shows up if I specify TIFF or ENVI format.=20
>=20
> Looks like it is internal to the Mosaicraster tool.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 1:49:40 PM UTC-7, Jim P wrote:
> > On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 1:04:16 PM UTC-7, lef...@gmail.com w=
rote:
> > > I am running a script that mosaics hundreds of images. I have written=
 similar scripts before so there probably aren't any obvious mistakes. The =
script runs until the line=20
> > >=20
> > > MosaicRaster.Export, file, "TIFF".=20
> > >=20
> > > and then stops with the following error
> > >=20
> > > Unable to export raster.
> > > Execution halted at: MOSAICBATCH 26
> > >=20
> > > Is this a known problem? Can you tell me what this error generally re=
fers to? I have tried cutting the number of files from 1200 to 250 and that=
 does help, however it doesn't seem to be a problem with memory because I m=
onitor memory use while the script runs and there is plenty of memory avail=
able.
> >=20
> > I am able to repeat this error message if the output file path is inval=
id.
> >=20
> > ENVI> r.export, 'n:\program files\blah.tiff', 'TIFF'
> > % Unable to export raster.
> > % Execution halted at: $MAIN$         =20
> >=20
> > In this case, I have no "n:" drive.
> >=20
> > Jim P.

I would recommend contacting support@harris.com with respect to the vague e=
rror message from the export method.  Those folks know a lot of tricks for =
debugging situations like this and can be a bit rabid (in a good way) about=
 getting to the root of a problem.

Jim P.
0
Jim