Plot problem #5

Folks,
I have a problem on saving my image:

  p = plot(...)
..
p.save, 'fefe.eps',BORDER=500, resolution=300

but in the image that i save i miss some texts that are out of my window. I mean for instance the y title that I am missing...
Can someone please help me?
Cheers,
Dave

0
dave
11/26/2016 11:58:59 AM
comp.lang.idl-pvwave 12260 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 6:59:03 AM UTC-5, dave poreh wrote:
> Folks,
> I have a problem on saving my image:
>
>   p = plot(...)
> .
> .
> .
> p.save, 'fefe.eps',BORDER=500, resolution=300
>
> but in the image that i save i miss some texts that are out of my window. I mean for instance the y title that I am missing...
> Can someone please help me?
> Cheers,
> Dave

The BORDER=500 seems really big to me.  Have you tried BORDER=1 to see if that
works?

Also, the SAVE method gives very inconsistent results for different file formats.  The raster
formats, such as PNG, typically look most like the screen display, which usually is what
I want.  Vector formats, including EPS, PDF and SVG, can deviate substantially,
including differences in font size, color, transparency, and layout.  It might be worthwhile
saving your plot as a PNG image to see if it looks right in that format.

It's possible that IDL is simply messing up the bounding box on the EPS output.  You
can fix that manually by editing fefe.eps with a text editor.  There also are various utilities
that attempt to fix broken bounding boxes in eps files.

I hope that IDL's ability to create vector graphics continues to improve with the next release.

All the best,

David

0
David