System or internal error java.net.SocketException: Socket closed

Hi,

I get this execption once in a while in my application when some
database operation is to be performed the exception trace is

java.sql.SQLException: System or internal error
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
	at com.informix.util.IfxErrMsg.getSQLException(IfxErrMsg.java:423)
	at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.flip(IfxSqli.java:2402)
	at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.receiveMessage(IfxSqli.java:2201)
	at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.executePrepare(IfxSqli.java:1081)
	at com.informix.jdbc.IfxResultSet.executePrepare(IfxResultSet.java:196)
	at com.informix.jdbc.IfxPreparedStatement.setupExecutePrepare(IfxPreparedStatement.java:185)
	at com.informix.jdbc.IfxPreparedStatement.<init>(IfxPreparedStatement.java:167)
	at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.prepareStatement(IfxSqliConnect.java:1526)

I am using tomcat 3.3.1, and informix database

Thanks,
Shivas
0
shivasj
9/10/2003 10:34:35 AM
comp.lang.java.databases 3049 articles. 0 followers. samyaksulabh (16) is leader. Post Follow

Dunno informix but maybe there's a timeout too low.

    robert

)

> I am using tomcat 3.3.1, and informix database
>
> Thanks,
> Shivas

0
Robert
9/10/2003 2:12:06 PM
Is the time out related to the Socket connection or of the Database connection?

Thanks
Shivas
0
shivasj
9/16/2003 11:33:50 AM
I figured out that my application was not releasing some connections
based to the pool. So these connections were getting assiged to new
connection requests and when an operation is done on these connection
objects, we were getting the socket closed exception ,

Thanks
Shivas
0
shivasj