SSL Connection java

Hi,

   I need access As400 data with jdbc connection by Internet.  I would
like to use SSL connection.  Presently, I have a connection to my
as400 with the toolbox java.  My code for this connection is:

Class.forName("com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver").newInstance();
url = "jdbc:as400://999.999.9.999";
DriverManager.registerDriver(new
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver());
Connection conAs400 = null;
conAs400 = DriverManager.getConnection(url, username, password);
java.sql.Statement st400 = conAs400.createStatement();

My question:  How can I integred security SSL in this exemple??

I have read a doc of toolbox java, but I would like exemple or more
information because I not understand this.

Thank you in advance!!!

ps:  It's very important!!!
0
karine_120
11/5/2003 2:33:47 PM
comp.lang.java.security 1502 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

To use SSL socket you should look at JSSE (Java Secure Socket Extension).
But i do not know how you can use this with your code.

Hope it could help.

Fred
"Karine" <karine_120@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>    I need access As400 data with jdbc connection by Internet.  I would
> like to use SSL connection.  Presently, I have a connection to my
> as400 with the toolbox java.  My code for this connection is:
>
> Class.forName("com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver").newInstance();
> url = "jdbc:as400://999.999.9.999";
> DriverManager.registerDriver(new
> com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver());
> Connection conAs400 = null;
> conAs400 = DriverManager.getConnection(url, username, password);
> java.sql.Statement st400 = conAs400.createStatement();
>

> My question:  How can I integred security SSL in this exemple??
>
> I have read a doc of toolbox java, but I would like exemple or more
> information because I not understand this.
>
> Thank you in advance!!!
>
> ps:  It's very important!!!

0
Don