Eclipse package for Java development?

I was looking at the comparison between the Eclipse Java development
tools and the Java EE development tools.  The EE tools includes support
for databases, but it is not clear if the Java development package has
any support for databases.  Does anyone know if the standard package
supports desktop databases?  If not, is the EE package any slower than
the standard package?

Thanks,
Dave
0
Dave
8/19/2016 11:44:07 AM
comp.lang.java.softwaretools 2938 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Fri, 19 Aug 2016 07:44:07 -0400, Dave:

> I was looking at the comparison between the Eclipse Java
> development tools and the Java EE development tools.  The EE tools
> includes support for databases, but it is not clear if the Java
> development package has any support for databases.  Does anyone
> know if the standard package supports desktop databases?  If not,
> is the EE package any slower than the standard package?

https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/compare.php

If I'm not mistaken the "Data Tools Platform" is the feature for
database support, and it doesn't appear included in the "Java
Developers" package (vs. the "Java EE Developers" package).  You
could always add it to the "Java Developers" package, but the "Java
EE Developers" should be no any slower than the former, and in my
experience it is not for the same stuff present in both packages. It
might become slower depending on your workspace and projects setup –
it has more features which might trigger extra RAM and CPU usage.

--
Stanimir

0
Stanimir