breaking out of frameset problem

Hi,

I use the following code to force the page to load into the intended
frameset (navigation purposes) if visitors come to pages in a certain
section of the site from search engines/external links.

<script language="JavaScript"><!--
if (parent.location.href == self.location.href)
  window.location.href = 'index.htm?pageone';
//--></script>

This works very well BUT.... if the visitor hits the browser back button all
it does is reload the page and frameset unless you either use the onsite
navigation or call up the previous pages with the carat by the back button.

Is there any way of making sure that if the visitor simply hits the back
button they break out of the frameset and return to wherever they cam from?

Thanks

0
David

"David" <david.brown6666@ntlworld.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I use the following code to force the page to load into the intended
> frameset (navigation purposes) if visitors come to pages in a certain
> section of the site from search engines/external links.
>
> <script language="JavaScript"><!--
> if (parent.location.href == self.location.href)
>   window.location.href = 'index.htm?pageone';
> //--></script>
>
> This works very well BUT.... if the visitor hits the browser back button all
> it does is reload the page and frameset unless you either use the onsite
> navigation or call up the previous pages with the carat by the back button.
>
> Is there any way of making sure that if the visitor simply hits the back
> button they break out of the frameset and return to wherever they cam from?

Try
  if (top == self) {
    location.replace('index.htm?pageone');
  }

Using location.replace means that the current page is replaced, even
in the history, with the new one.

Consider whether it is a good idea to force how people see your page,
and that your frameset depends on javascript. Perhaps you should have
a different frameset for this that depends on javascript, and a
non-javascript one for people who enter at the front page.

/L
--
Lasse Reichstein Nielsen  -  lrn@hotpop.com
Lasse