Displaying Time at 10-minute Intervals

I'm trying to build a tee-time reservation page, and want to display
all the available tee times on one page for a particular date.  I
simply want to list the times out in 10-minute intervals, like:

8:30am
8:40am
8:50am

Additionally, I want to be able to parse out the times that already
have entries in my SQL database, but for now I'll settle for just
getting the times listed.

Thanks,

-Rick
0
barr26 (2)

Rick Barr wrote:

> I'm trying to build a tee-time reservation page, and want to display
> all the available tee times on one page for a particular date.  I
> simply want to list the times out in 10-minute intervals, like:

This is best done on the server, not with client side scripting.

> Additionally, I want to be able to parse out the times that already
> have entries in my SQL database, but for now I'll settle for just
> getting the times listed.

This must be done on the server, so you might as well save yourself the
effort of mucking around with client side scripting only to have to start
again.

--
David Dorward                                     http://david.us-lot.org/
         Redesign in progress: http://stone.thecoreworlds.net/
Rick Barr wrote on 28 jun 2003 in comp.lang.javascript:

> I'm trying to build a tee-time reservation page, and want to display
> all the available tee times on one page for a particular date.  I
> simply want to list the times out in 10-minute intervals, like:
>
> 8:30am
> 8:40am
> 8:50am

Besides the "american" way of time being crasy,
and Noon never being am nor pm:

<script>
	end=false
	h=8
	m=3
	ap="0am"
	td1="<tr><td style='text-align:right;width:110px;'>"
	dd=":"

	while (!end){
	  document.write(td1+h+dd+m+ap+td2)
	  m++
	  if(m==6){
	    m=0
	    h++
	    if(h==12)ap="0pm"
	    if(h==13)h=1
	  }
	  if(ap=="0pm"&&h==9&&m==1)end=true
	}
</script>

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
David Dorward wrote on 28 jun 2003 in comp.lang.javascript:

>> I'm trying to build a tee-time reservation page, and want to display
>> all the available tee times on one page for a particular date.  I
>> simply want to list the times out in 10-minute intervals, like:
>
> This is best done on the server, not with client side scripting.

Also on a server it can perfectly well be done with javascript.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Time + 10 minutes
$ganja=date("D dS M h:i A"); Assuming the above produced the following . Tue 02nd Jan 11:55 PM How do i add 10 minutes to it to produce this ? . Wed 03rd Jan 00:05 AM Krustov said: > $ganja=date("D dS M h:i A"); > > > Assuming the above produced the following . > > Tue 02nd Jan 11:55 PM > > > How do i add 10 minutes to it to produce this ? . > > Wed 03rd Jan 00:05 AM > $ganja = date("D dS M h:i A", mktime() + 600); D. PS: interesting variable name. -- Message-ID: <MPG.200742efa097acc398a3da@news.newsreader.com>...

interval times
Is there an easy way to just select the number of minutes if you have an interval? I have something like: SELECT (due_date - CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) time_left FROM tablename But this gives me an interval time. It would be much easier if I could just get a number of minutes. Is there an easy way to just get the number of minutes? "www.douglassdavis.com" <douglass_davis@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht news:8f94080c-34ad-4ba0-876a-729851e4cb5e@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > > Is there an easy way to just select the number of minutes if you have > an interval? >...

Automatically Running Routines at 10 minute intervals
Is there a way to set up Matlab so it will run a routine at a scheduled interval - say every ten minutes? While browsing the FAQ, I noticed that you can use Windows Task Manager to run a routine, but it appears the highest frequency is only daily. Best Karl Pinno see help timer ...

add 10 minutes to parsed time stamp?
How can I add 10 minutes to this time stamp? Thanks. MC ServerTime = 'Wed Dec 09 16:05:00 -0600 2009' ServerTime + Time.parse(10) #<-it does not work without parse since I get error can't convert Fixnum into a string. what do you think? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On 06.01.2009 16:09, Mmcolli00 Mom wrote: > How can I add 10 minutes to this time stamp? Thanks. MC > > ServerTime = 'Wed Dec 09 16:05:00 -0600 2009' Here ServerTime is a String and hence cannot do any time related calculations. You probably rather want require 'date' ...

Setting System Time 10 Minutes Fast
Ubuntu 10.10 GNOME 2.32 I've been setting my system time 10 minutes fast through the clock/ calendar applet in GNOME. I've noticed that when Ubuntu seems to be updating to the correct time. Is there any way I can stop that and always have my system time ( or the clock display ) be the real time, just 10 minutes ahead? Thanks in advance On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 07:44:50 -0700, Steve wrote: > Ubuntu 10.10 > GNOME 2.32 > > I've been setting my system time 10 minutes fast through the clock/ > calendar applet in GNOME. I've noticed that when Ubuntu seems to be &g...

converting datetime to five-minute time interval
I'm new to MATLAB and need to convert a datetime series (ie: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm) into five-minute time intervals. Any suggestions? Janis Weir wrote: > I'm new to MATLAB and need to convert a datetime series (ie: > dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm) into five-minute time intervals. Not sure what you're asking here, sorry... -- ...

one match between two tables is 10 times displayed in a query
I have made a simple query between two tables. if a serialnumber is present in both tables then this serial number has to be shown in the query. The problem is that one serialnumber appaers 10 times in the query. What did I do wrong? "Geriejan" <stephenstarsign@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a724067.0308010436.613e058e@posting.google.com... > I have made a simple query between two tables. > if a serialnumber is present in both tables then this serial number > has to be shown in the query. > > The problem is that one serialnumber appaers 10 times in the query...

Rounding time less that 10 minutes so it shows as 2 digits
Hi: I have a query that includes a calculation. where I am computing the number of minutes between two times as in : Minute([time1]-[time2]) This results in the number of Minutes more than a rounded hour. I want to show this in the query result as a two digit field. This works fine when the result is greater than 10 minutes, but when its less than 10 minutes the single character appears. For example, 4:05 minus 4:00 comes up with 5. I would like to make 5 in the result read as 05, and am having some trouble making that happen. Format([result],"nn") does not do it, producing 00 f...

Recursion ceases for 5-10 minutes at random intervals throughout the day
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has run into a recent problem that has me scratching my head. We just replaced 6 existing non-authoritative Bind servers with new hardware and a Bind upgrade. They are all in an OSPF load-balance solution using Zebra (existing). All of the servers suffer from a lack of resolution at random times of the day for approximately 5 to 10 minutes. The times are seemingly random and do not necessarily match another servers failure. For example, one has had 18 dropouts in the last 24hrs, while another hasn't had any - it may be the opposite tomorrow. The symptoms are a total loss of resolution with an almost equal amount of failures via bind stats. All users receive, "Server Failure". Each server handles anywhere between 500-1500 qps throughout the day, under normal load. Problem occurs at all loads. I've tried port, "monitoring", tcpdumping the traffic, and sifting through the requests and nothing seems out of the ordinary. Numerous tweaks of the OS have not helped (state table within limits and then disabled, firewall deactivated/activated, eth stats good). When the problems happens I can get onto the machine and it is ok (network upstream good, routing table hasn't inherited anything new, server calm) When I turn logging up to a level that can help, named can't keep up. We are now have a troubleshooting process in the works that involves differ...

javascript to get the creation date and time of the file sent and display it in the html page ?
I have just put a internet webcam that save every 30 seconds a picture via ftp. I have an html file that display this picture file (the name of the file is always the same and the webcam delete the old file when save the new one). The problem is: The webcam don't have the option to put automatically the date and time when the picture as take. How I can make a simple JavaScript that get the creation date and time of the file sent by the webcam and display it in the html page ? Thank you in advance for your help. If you like to see it the adress is: http://live.imagea.org Fabrizio "Fa...

Re: Recursion ceases for 5-10 minutes at random intervals throughout, the day
I apologize, Daniel, I lost your message at work... We did run into the same problems, from what I have heard from the previous DNS admin. He was actually a little nervous about me opening the cache on the servers with this new release under customer load. To appease him after the problem cropped up I added the old values back into our include for named.conf (with his comments) for some soak time: max-cache-size 400m; //max cache size 400MB cleaning-interval 30; //clean cache every 30 minutes and max-cache-ttl 60; //limit cached records to a 60s TTL max-ncache-ttl 60; //limit cache neg. resp. to a 60s TTL I'm glad the developers fixed the issues. I have wondered how much work those last servers actually had to do to keep up. Unfortunately, I can't lock down the ip blocks any further, although I have certainly wanted to after a select few abusive customers have tried to go on all night nxdomain/servfail-fests. Thanks for your response! - Bill > We had similar problems with earlier BIND versions, once the cache size > hit certain level, server started to drop queries at short, irregular > intervals. We have found out that there was a relation to regular cache > maintenance bind does. The problem disappeared in later versions when BIND > started to use more efficient memory allocator, but you might have heavier > querry traffic. > > I...

OSX 10.4.5 How to Display Date & Time in Menu bar?
The subject just about says it all. I can get 10.4 to display the Day of the Week and the Time but cannot get it to display the date in the menu bar. Yes, I know you can mouse on the display and it will show the date but I would like to show the Date and Time in the menu bar. I am also aware that iClock will do what I am asking but it has too many other feature that I do not need or want. I recall hearing about a simple hack to OSX will display both the Date and Time. Hopefully someone reading this message will have the answer or a URL to a hack. aRKay at QLS.net aRKay <REMO...

How do I display remaining time in time format?
I have computed the remaining time in my application for my test. I want to display this on the front panel in a time format, ie xx:xx:xx. I cannot figure out how to do this. I have a test time total then I subtract the current time and that results in seconds remaining. How do I display this on the front panel in a time format? Any help would be appreciated. &nbsp; Thanks, Troy In the format and precision sub-menu you can select a numerical indicator to read in date/time format. trosier wrote: > I have computed the remaining time in my application for my test. I want to display this...

Displaying time in different time zones
(yes, another timezone question...) I'm trying to get to grips with times, and as an exercise am trying to create a function to display the time in various places. The way I'm currently doing this is as follows: // ------------------------------- putenv("TZ=GMT"); //set to GMT $time_to_convert = mktime(15,0,0); //gives me 3pm GMT echo(strftime('%d/%m/%y %H:%M',$time_to_convert)); //3pm putenv("TZ=CET"); echo(strftime('%d/%m/%y %H:%M',$time_to_convert)); //7pm // ------------------------------- That seems to work fine, and gives me the dates in ...

[News] Lindependence 2008 Video: Kid Installs GNU/Linux for the First Time in 10 Minutes

Ping
Hi everybody, i have a problem with the Windows utillity PING. if i try to ping an ip-adress (i.e 10.10.10.10) everything works correct: the host with the ip adress 10.10.10.10 answers. now i try to ping the adress 10.10.10.010 -> this should be the same host as the one mentioned above. But in this case the host with the ip-adress 10.10.10.8 (!!!) answers! My Question: what is the difference between 10.10.10.10 and 10.10.10.010? This problem appears with multiple ip-adresses: have a try? Thx, Chris Once upon a newsgroup, Sponegbob claimed: ] now i try to ping the...

Time within a number of minutes of a target time
I've got a mental block on how to do this. I have a date column on a table and I want to get rows where the time is within a certain number of minutes of a target time. e.g. where to_char(startdatetime,'HH24:MI') between targettime-window and targettime+window and this needs to work over a 24 hour clock. Maybe, it's intervals I need to be working with? Sorry - should point out that the targettime is not a date - just a time There is probably a better way but this came to mind: Calculate the time of day in seconds and figure out the high and low values for the range. I use the current time minus and plus 5 minutes for the end points UT1 > l 1 select 2 to_char(sysdate,'SSSSS') as SecFrMidnight 3 ,to_char(sysdate - 5/1440,'SSSSS') as LowRange 4 ,to_char(sysdate + 5/1440,'SSSSS') as HighRange 5* from sys.dual UT1 > / SECFR LOWRA HIGHR ----- ----- ----- 39921 39621 40221 UT1 > get t10 -- fld3 is a date column in a simple table 1 select to_char(fld3,'SSSSS') from marktest 2 where to_number(to_char(fld3,'SSSSS')) >= 39425 3* and to_number(to_char(fld3,'SSSSS')) <= 40025 UT1 > / TO_CH ----- 39898 Where the row returned is a row I just inserted using sysdate to get a row that should meet the test. Another test where I subtracted 3 days from the sysdate before extracting the time also turned up a hit so if you did mean ...

'point in time' time interval
How do I convert a length of time, measured in seconds, into a "point in time" type time interval or what's represented as: time (second,10,2) The format is: P[yY][mM][dD][T[hH][mM][s[.s]S]] where: y: The number of years (integer, >= 0, not restricted) m: The number of months (integer, >=0, not restricted) d: The number of days (integer, >=0, not restricted) h: The number of hours (integer, >=0, not restricted) n: The number of minutes (integer, >=0, not restricted) s: The number of seconds or fraction of seconds (real or integer, >=0, not restricted). If fra...

[News] Tests of Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04 Filesystems and Boot Times, 10.10 to Improve Software Center

Data transfer time or Image display time?
I have question about the intensity graph display problem, which is similar= to the question i posted several days ago. We want to use the intensity gr= aph to display an array data(2Kbytes*33). we found the consuming time is ar= ound 10ms, which is too slow. So we did the following tests and tried to fi= gure out the reason. The Labview code is included in the attachment. <br><b= r>Test 1: The output of a SubVI is not wired to the intensity graph in the = same sequence frame. the consuming time is 0<br><br>Test 2: The output of a= SubVI is wired to the intesity graph...

Time lag in real-time signal displaying
I've been trying to read and display the signals via serial interface in real time. I'm using for-loop to process the signals, however, there are significant time lag (~ 3 s) between reading and displaying. I've heard that for-loop takes pretty long time to be implemented in MATLAB. If anyone knows the alternative way to read and display the signal without using for-loop, please let me know. I'm using the PC with Pentium III CPU and RS232C-to-USB adapter to process the signal. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions. ...

time functions to get either unix or Javascript times
Argh! I need a way to convert times from one of several possible formats (including VT_DATE) to a format that is Unix-ish (# of seconds since Jan 1 1970, midnight GMT) or Javascript-ish (# of milliseconds since same epoch). I found VariantTimeToSystemTime which gets me from VT_DATE to a SYSTEMTIME structure which is UTC-based. I need to get from there to a time_t integer. Is there a version of mktime that **ignores** the local timezone? Or an easy way to correct local times & get them into UTC? The function timegm() does not seem to be supported by my compiler. "Jason...

Issues with ODE solver and time steps and time interval
I have a model that is similar to the bouncing ball demo (ballode) in terms of its structure. In my case, it's a box tied down by a bunch of straps. I detect collisions using the events function. The problem: model results change drastically when I change the time interval of integration (both the duration and time steps) that is sent to the ode45 solver. I understand there would be some differences if I change the time step, but not the duration. For example, I run my model from t = 0 to t = 4 seconds. The results are completely different if I go from t = 0 to t = 2 seconds. Even if I&...

Re: 10 minutes after the end of Wednesdays debate #10
* To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Web resources about - Displaying Time at 10-minute Intervals - comp.lang.javascript

List of birds displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This list includes birds for which there is documented evidence of homosexual or transgender behavior of one or more of the following kinds: ...

Facebook Displaying Page Insights On Page Admins’ Personal Pages?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing modules on their personal pages displaying page insights ad, campaign , and like totals for pages ...

Facebook Displaying Unread Messages from Pages in a New Updates Module
Facebook is displaying a new “Updates” sidebar module which shows some users unread messages sent to them by Pages. Users will see the Updates ...

Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air CNN Live - YouTube
Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air Lemon held up a Confederate flag first before holding up the sign. He asked, ...

Hazelwood coal mine fire: Morwell residents displaying symptoms similar to cigarette smokers, expert ...
An expert says some locals near Victoria's Hazelwood mine fire have symptoms similar to cigarette smokers.

Police accused of displaying fake G20 weapons
Toronto's top police officer misled the public by displaying fake weapons used in a medieval-themed role-playing game to help justify their actions ...

Displaying calorie labels at fast-food restaurants doesn't appear to work: study
While the high calorie counts of artery-clogging fast foods are often printed right in front of our eyes, most people ignore them and go ahead ...

Jays' Escobar suspended three games for displaying slur
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar has been suspended three games for displaying a homophobic slur on his eye-black during a game on Saturday. ...

Google Play Store now displaying age-based ratings
We reported back in May that Google was adding age-based ratings to all apps in the Play Store as determined by the International Age Rating ...

Google begins displaying “Listen Now” ads for streaming music services (including Beats) in search results ...
... , Streaming Music Continue reading more about Apps , Google , and Spotify at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Google begins displaying ...