Does this existing anywhere in the world? (javascript download progress meter) #2

Hello,

I've read quite a bit of discussion on different approaches of how to
create a download progress meter that can be implemented into a Web
site.  I understand that by the very nature of the way the download
transport is handled that this cannot "automatically" be done...
upload progress meters exist, but not download.  However, I've seen
different theories on how it could be done if one knows the file size.
 Is anyone aware of a working download meter script written in
JavaScript?

Sincerely,

Julia
0
julia4_me

Does this existing anywhere in the world? (javascript download progress meter)
Hello, I've read quite a bit of discussion on different approaches of how to create a download progress meter that can be implemented into a Web site. I understand that by the very nature of the way the download transport is handled that this cannot "automatically" be done... upload progress meters exist, but not download. However, I've seen different theories on how it could be done if one knows the file size. Is anyone aware of a working download meter script written in JavaScript? Sincerely, Julia <DHTML crosspost snipped> "Julia Briggs" <julia...

javascript within a javascript
Hello, I have a multi-frame page. The frames are named Frame_1, Frame_2 and Frame_3. Frame_1 has a drop down box. When a value is selected in this drop down box, Frame_2 is updated using an asp file (as I have to read from a back-end access database). In turn in the asp file, I have a Body onload tag to execute a javascript function within Frame_2. this function updates the contents of Frame_3. Till now this is working fine. Here is the problem. Frame_3 has a form with a radio button. When a radio button is selected, I want that a function be executed in Frame_3. However since conte...

The JavaScript Planet! There are now 789 JavaScripts available #2
WELCOME to The JAVASCRIPT PLANET which is a page where I plan to publish as many JavaScripts (and maybe some other cool stuff like VRML, Animated GIFs) as possible, please contribute a JavaScript if you've got something useful. Just paste the code into the textbox and push the Send button! Your contribution will be published on a separate page, with your name and comment, within a week (usually). Please visit: http://www.geocities.com/kakathiya_2004/ On 10/12/2005 06:42, kakathiya wrote: [snip] > Please visit: http://www.geocities.com/kakathiya_2004/ As I said in a....

Javascript and IE? Javascript and C#?
While my question might be simple, the environment around it is terribly messy and so I will try to keep this clear and simple by only including the relevant code - however, as I will soon suggest, I worry that the problem isnt in what would seem to be the relevant code but instead is lost somewhere in the do-and-donts of the peripheral code. So at the end, i'll try to include all the affected code and you can see if any of its actually relevant. I know there is a lot going on... sorry, but I tried to write this clearly. So here is what I imagine to be relevant. I'm working with a pa...

dynamic load javascript from javascript
hi, from here: http://www.activewidgets.com/javascript.forum.6114.15/dynamic-load-javascript-from-javascript.html there is a method to load js from js, e.g. //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- var script = document.createElement('script'); script.type = 'text/javascript'; script.src = 'snip.js'; document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script); //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- this method works great, but there is a bug(?) when using wit...

javascript #2
I've make a simple applet for use javascript function. When the browser is IE, no problem, but if the browser is netscape 7, when ... JSObject.getWindow(this); ... the message is ": at netscape.javascript.JSObject.getWindow(Unknown Source) ...". Why ? Thanks import netscape.javascript.*; import java.awt.*; public class Provajs extends JApplet { private JSObject window = null; public void init(){} public void start(){ window = JSObject.getWindow(this); String[] message = { "Oggi fa molto caldo!"}; window.call("alert", message); } } -- Questa � una...

javascript? #2
What is the relationship between Java and Javascript? -- Rich "RichD" <r_delaney2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6c151f1a-8d83-446d-b541-d2b5faa5837d@o2g2000prl.googlegroups.com... > What is the relationship between Java and Javascript? > > -- > Rich > The name. For the rest it's about as closely related as any two curly-braces languages. On Mar 2, 5:13=A0pm, "Harold Aptroot" <harold.aptr...@gmail.com> wrote: > "RichD" <r_delaney2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message > > news:6c151f1a-8d83-446d-b541-d2b5faa5837...

JavaScript:Download
Can somebody help me write a JavaScript that will allow a download dialog to display then download the selected file (regardless of the file type). That way, they won't open a word on the computer they will download it. They won't open a picture or an Excel spread sheet... it will all download. I don't want to use a zip program because of the many folks that can't seem to grasp unzipping files (go figure). Thanks " JCO" <J.Oliviero@verizon.net> wrote in message news:d_Isd.1020$Af2.212@trnddc06... > Can somebody help me write a JavaScript that will allo...

JavaScript #2
Is there a better way to transfer values (from text fields etc.) from one html page to another without using "get" and parsing values from the url using JavaScript? If not, do you know why? I'm required to use JavaScript but this still should be trivial. toPage.text1.value = fromPage.text1.value fromPage can't define toPage from within, although this works in other languages like VB. I couldn't find any examples from school library books. Do you know of other forums that could help? Thanks, CS Student On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:35:16 -0800, Ren wrote: > Is there a...

JavaScript
Javascript has it's own significance Amit Patel wrote: > Javascript has it's own significance Mr Patel, Stop using that stuff, it's bad for your brains. :P "Amit Patel" <amit2749@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5f04ccb8.0401210427.3f93300c@posting.google.com... | Javascript has it's own significance It also has it's own group.. news:comp.lang.javascript ...

Javascript
Hello people, I'm trying to make a regional map in html and javascript, I'm sure how to d= o the following: to hover over the city, he should change the city's image with another clea= rer, and clicking in the city he should get a darker color than the picture= when we hover. Until there all right, but when I click it gets darker image and move the m= ouse in another city he immediately removes the dark image and return to th= e clearer picture. How to keep the image when I click on it and still the effect of passing th= e mouse? --------------------- the other t...

Javascript
Recently, I have had the role of being the Javascript guru at work. You know, one peeve I have about COLA is that it seems too oriented around client applications, when the the majority of the world is about Web applications. We talk about OO -- but javascript has always been there. As has DOM, and DHTML. A web developer is a fully OO programmer. In article <5%LCb.2953$Pg1.2136@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net> John Bailo <ten@lnilhtrea.oliabaj> wrote: >Recently, I have had the role of being the Javascript guru at work. For single man garage business, you sure have. ...

JavaScript
If I have Options/ViewingMail/AllowExecutables unchecked does Eudora strip out the JavaScript? Or just refuse to execute it? TIA... Bob "Bob Bailey" <ebiz@usa.net> wrote in message news:rfOdnaRVycZZNzXenZ2dnUVZ_v-dnZ2d@rcn.net... > If I have Options/ViewingMail/AllowExecutables unchecked does Eudora strip > out the JavaScript? Or just refuse to execute it? OK. I've answered my own question but that begs a new one. (Eudora strips the JS.) Having allowed Executables it only works if I open, not preview, the message and then it insists on ope...

javascript
Cut'n'paste from "my" ticket 202 at www.ecomstation.com as they seem to have come to a halt... :-( ################################ Recenty I went from w4 fp17 to eCS 1.2. I get the odd behavior described beneath. Both boxes sees, and uses the same installations and user profiles. Clean install(s) of both Moz and FF has been done several times. Starting FF or Moz clean (no userprofiles), doesn't make any differnce. FIREFOX: The Weather extension i.e doesn't show it's 'mouseover' info, and it refreshes slow. Unit change which ...

Web resources about - Does this existing anywhere in the world? (javascript download progress meter) #2 - comp.lang.javascript

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...