Is javascript useful for creating powerpoint like presentation of html pages

I am accumulating over 80 pages per day into an archive that I
will need to be able to present sequentially to viewers.  Using
html to viewing a page, then click on back to return to my archive
index is so awkward it is not useful for my presentations.

Can javascript be used to create a powerpoint like presentation of
html files (with gif hyperlinks)sequentially from html page to page?

Is so, could someone suggest where I could find a sample of how to
use a javascript program to efficiently navigate viewer through
a date based archive or suggest how to solve my problem?

Harry
0
aplisfast

Ok Harry, I don't have a link but depending how the naming of the
files in your archive, yes you can do this, easily.

-If the files are named sequentially with a number
EXAMPLE (page1.html, page2.html, page3.html)
Would be the most effective, least error prone and with the least
amount of code

-If the names are random and have to patterns
EXAMPLE (page1.html, two.html, lastPageInList.html)
This would make the code a lot more error prone and you would have to
create an index of pages that exist to then direct you in the right
direction when you click on the link.

I am willing to write the code for this application if you provide me
with the information about the pages in the archive.

E-mail me, Yvon
fc199@ncf.ca.
0
fc199
6/18/2004 8:26:13 AM
OK, Yvon -- of course you would need more details:
I'm storing files in an archive such as the site below.
http://www.fxblogs.com/USDJPY0601.HTM

I need to edit my current presentations so that backward and forward
buttons will be able to help users better navigate thru the archive
(see below). http://www.fxblogs.com/ARCHIVE/F040602/GBPUSD1.htm

I may get rid of the buttons and use text button since I'm not happy
with them. See this example for:
http://www.fxblogs.com/ARCHIVE/F040602/GBPUSD6.htm

Both Powerpoint and PDF files load way too slow because my archive
generates  huge files so I need to stick with html.  My program
assigns url names using a a simple sequentially date based scheme
every 15 minutes 24 hours per day.

If you can give up special treatment to the two outer first and last
buttons then something along the following lines should work.

#  For the first page in the archive only have a next button referring
to the next session.
#  For subsequent pages within the first day have a previous and next
button referring to sessions within the day.
#  For the last page no next button is needed.
#  Then continue the series.

Regards,
Harry

> Ok Harry, I don't have a link but depending how the naming of the
> files in your archive, yes you can do this, easily.
>
> -If the files are named sequentially with a number
> EXAMPLE (page1.html, page2.html, page3.html)
> Would be the most effective, least error prone and with the least
> amount of code
>
> -If the names are random and have to patterns
> EXAMPLE (page1.html, two.html, lastPageInList.html)
> This would make the code a lot more error prone and you would have to
> create an index of pages that exist to then direct you in the right
> direction when you click on the link.
>
> I am willing to write the code for this application if you provide me
> with the information about the pages in the archive.
>
> E-mail me, Yvon
> fc199@ncf.ca.
0
aplisfast