Javascript used to create unique member pages?

I am trying to write a website that accepts paying members. Each
member will have their own pages to create as they wish (similar to
myspace).

I know that as soon as the member has signed up, I will need to have
in my program something that gives them a member # that is unique.

I need the site to pull their individual member #'s to create their
blank pages for them to re-create.

I want the pages that the member creates to be accessible by anyone
with the URL address, but the pages where the member does the creation
to only be accessible by the member.

Is it javascript that is used to create blank member pages?

I know it is asking for alot, but I honestly don't have the luxury of
time & if anyone has any scripting that they can share, I would truly
appreciate any direction I am given.

tami.lipham@hotmail.com wrote:
> I am trying to write a website that accepts paying members. Each
> member will have their own pages to create as they wish (similar to
> myspace).
>
> I know that as soon as the member has signed up, I will need to have
> in my program something that gives them a member # that is unique.
>
> I need the site to pull their individual member #'s to create their
> blank pages for them to re-create.
>
> I want the pages that the member creates to be accessible by anyone
> with the URL address, but the pages where the member does the creation
> to only be accessible by the member.
>
> Is it javascript that is used to create blank member pages?
>
> I know it is asking for alot, but I honestly don't have the luxury of
> time & if anyone has any scripting that they can share, I would truly
> appreciate any direction I am given.

Do this server side with PHP and a database. If you do it client side ou
have to download ALL the members pages and then let javascript decide
which ones to display...hardly secure, or efficient.

0
The
2/15/2009 12:07:33 PM
The Natural Philosopher wrote on 15 feb 2009 in comp.lang.javascript:

> tami.lipham@hotmail.com wrote:
>> I am trying to write a website that accepts paying members. Each
>> member will have their own pages to create as they wish (similar to
>> myspace).
>>
>> I know that as soon as the member has signed up, I will need to have
>> in my program something that gives them a member # that is unique.
>>
>> I need the site to pull their individual member #'s to create their
>> blank pages for them to re-create.
>>
>> I want the pages that the member creates to be accessible by anyone
>> with the URL address, but the pages where the member does the creation
>> to only be accessible by the member.
>>
>> Is it javascript that is used to create blank member pages?
>>
>> I know it is asking for alot, but I honestly don't have the luxury of
>> time & if anyone has any scripting that they can share, I would truly
>> appreciate any direction I am given.
>
> Do this server side with PHP and a database. If you do it client side ou
> have to download ALL the members pages and then let javascript decide
> which ones to display...hardly secure, or efficient.

Even beter, since the OP is asking for Javascript:

Do this serverside with Javascript and a database under ASP.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
Evertjan. wrote:
> The Natural Philosopher wrote on 15 feb 2009 in comp.lang.javascript:
>
>> tami.lipham@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> I am trying to write a website that accepts paying members. Each
>>> member will have their own pages to create as they wish (similar to
>>> myspace).
>>>
>>> I know that as soon as the member has signed up, I will need to have
>>> in my program something that gives them a member # that is unique.
>>>
>>> I need the site to pull their individual member #'s to create their
>>> blank pages for them to re-create.
>>>
>>> I want the pages that the member creates to be accessible by anyone
>>> with the URL address, but the pages where the member does the creation
>>> to only be accessible by the member.
>>>
>>> Is it javascript that is used to create blank member pages?
>>>
>>> I know it is asking for alot, but I honestly don't have the luxury of
>>> time & if anyone has any scripting that they can share, I would truly
>>> appreciate any direction I am given.
>> Do this server side with PHP and a database. If you do it client side ou
>> have to download ALL the members pages and then let javascript decide
>> which ones to display...hardly secure, or efficient.
>
> Even beter, since the OP is asking for Javascript:
>
> Do this serverside with Javascript and a database under ASP.

No, thats much much worse.

Occam's razor states that one should not multiply entities beyond necessity.

Javascript is a necessity client side. There is no necessity to use it
server side, nor ASP. Being as how they are tainted with Microsoft it
should be restricted to only the absolute necessity. There are far
better server side languages. There is no necessity to use rubbish,.

0
The
2/16/2009 7:55:13 AM
The Natural Philosopher wrote on 16 feb 2009 in comp.lang.javascript:

> Evertjan. wrote:

>> Even beter, since the OP is asking for Javascript:
>>
>> Do this serverside with Javascript and a database under ASP.
>>
> No, thats much much worse.
>

> Occam's razor states that one should not multiply entities beyond
> necessity.
>
> Javascript is a necessity client side. There is no necessity to use it
> server side, nor ASP. Being as how they are tainted with Microsoft it
> should be restricted to only the absolute necessity. There are far
> better server side languages. There is no necessity to use rubbish,.

What nonsense.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

> Javascript is a necessity client side. There is no necessity to use it
> server side, nor ASP. Being as how they are tainted with Microsoft it
> should be restricted to only the absolute necessity. There are far
> better server side languages. There is no necessity to use rubbish,.

All well and good except that JavaScript was invented by Netsacape, not
Microsoft. Why do you think Microsoft call their implementation JScript?

0
rf
2/16/2009 10:38:37 AM
rf wrote:
> The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>
>> Javascript is a necessity client side. There is no necessity to use it
>> server side, nor ASP. Being as how they are tainted with Microsoft it
>> should be restricted to only the absolute necessity. There are far
>> better server side languages. There is no necessity to use rubbish,.
>
> All well and good except that JavaScript was invented by Netsacape, not
> Microsoft. Why do you think Microsoft call their implementation JScript?

I said 'tainted by' not 'invented by'
0
The