jQuery: still hopeless after all these years (part 2)

It's actually about a ten part series, but this and the previously posted S=
ELECT hack issue are all it should take to realize that the project is (and=
 will always remain) hopeless. Misguided designs, followed by perpetual pat=
ching and waiting around for users to report bugs before even considering a=
 discussion of obviously botched logic.

https://github.com/jquery/jquery/issues/3448
0
David

On 21/12/2016 8:28 PM, David Mark wrote:
> It's actually about a ten part series, but this and the previously
> posted SELECT hack issue are all it should take to realize that the
> project is (and will always remain) hopeless. Misguided designs,
> followed by perpetual patching and waiting around for users to report
> bugs before even considering a discussion of obviously botched
> logic.
>
> https://github.com/jquery/jquery/issues/3448

Thanks. The read was like another Christmas present from you.

How they argue with you about your intentions when you highlight things
that are "black and white" instead of thanking you for bringing them
clearly into focus make me laugh.

Andrew Poulos
0
Andrew
12/21/2016 10:02:22 PM
On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 5:02:30 PM UTC-5, Andrew Poulos wrote:
> On 21/12/2016 8:28 PM, David Mark wrote:
> > It's actually about a ten part series, but this and the previously
> > posted SELECT hack issue are all it should take to realize that the
> > project is (and will always remain) hopeless. Misguided designs,
> > followed by perpetual patching and waiting around for users to report
> > bugs before even considering a discussion of obviously botched
> > logic.
> >
> > https://github.com/jquery/jquery/issues/3448
>
> Thanks. The read was like another Christmas present from you.
>
> How they argue with you about your intentions when you highlight things
> that are "black and white" instead of thanking you for bringing them
> clearly into focus make me laugh.

They are still loopy after all these years. Feel like I'm back in 2007.

Stop telling us the answers! UR just trolling us. UR just jealous of our cool library!

And here they sit nine years later with the same wrong answers (and attitude). :(

The good news is that the project is finally on a downward trajectory (about 9 years late). Developers are starting to realize it's unneeded at best.
0
David