onclick parameters

I have an onclick function that pops a new window (nothing fancy) the
problem is that whenever I want to return to the page where I popped
the new window from I find that it is reloaded and has taken me to the
fist line of the page. What parameter (or anything else for that
matter) can I add in order to pop up a new window and still be in the
same place when I return to the previous page?
Thanks for your help  guys

don't use # in the href...

onclick="window.open('popup.html','','width=300,height=300'); return
false;">

"Luis" <vasquezluis2003@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have an onclick function that pops a new window (nothing fancy) the
> problem is that whenever I want to return to the page where I popped
> the new window from I find that it is reloaded and has taken me to the
> fist line of the page. What parameter (or anything else for that
> matter) can I add in order to pop up a new window and still be in the
> same place when I return to the previous page?
> Thanks for your help  guys

0
Marc
6/26/2003 2:48:04 PM
Luis wrote:
> I have an onclick function that pops a new window (nothing fancy) the
> problem is that whenever I want to return to the page where I popped
> the new window from I find that it is reloaded and has taken me to the
> fist line of the page. What parameter (or anything else for that
> matter) can I add in order to pop up a new window and still be in the
> same place when I return to the previous page?
> Thanks for your help  guys

just guessing here, but...
you probably have:

and you want to have:

	onClick="popup(); return false;">nothing fancy</a>

the critical thing being the "return false", which tells the browser not
to try and follow the link.

arkadiusz

enabling the empowerment and synergy of the new paradigm

0
arkadiusz