script for right click

Is there a javascript to make a right click on a page to display a message?
Thank you,
--
I appreciate this newsgroup. Dick Ross www.rosmd.com

0
ross

While the city slept, ross <rosmd@everestkc.net> feverishly typed:

> Is there a javascript to make a right click on a page to display a
> message? Thank you,

So... the guidance on this matter that you have received over in
news:alt.html has not deterred you from asking this question over here?
Ok... From the comp.lang.javascript FAQ's:
http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_27

But you really should avoid using it (the solution - that is - not the
FAQ's!) The context menu is used for far more than just viewing your source
code or saving your images (and I can still view your source or save your
images without it) so why break the user's browser for your own misguided
ends?

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. nigel@nigenetDOG.org.uk. Take the dog out!
"They got the mustard out!"

0
nice
6/27/2003 2:58:28 PM
"nice.guy.nige" <nigel_moss@deadspam.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a javascript to make a right click on a page to
>>display a message? Thank you,

<snip>
> ... so why break the user's browser for your own misguided
> ends?

Randy recently pointed out that the AOL browser has its own ideas about
what the back button on its chrome should do and as a result the only
way of getting the equivalent effect of a normal IE back button is to
right click and choose back from the context menu. Still, there are only
30-40 million people using the AOL browser, so it's not going to be
hurting everyone  ;-)

Richard.

0
Richard
6/27/2003 3:40:14 PM
In article <3efc49fb_2@corp-news.newsgroups.com>, rosmd@everestkc.net
says...
> Is there a javascript to make a right click on a page to display a message?
> Thank you,

Read this (carefully):
 http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/programming/js/norightclick.php

Then read this: