script works local, but not on remote

my test server is win2k server, the script works fine, loads the movie,
allows user selection etc.  however when i access the same script on my
remote server none of the requesting files load.  the files are there, and
they are accessible.  ive tested them out by themselves so i know its not an
issue with the file.  i also just moved to windows from a unix machine.  i
have the exact same script and movies on the unix machine and i have NEVER
had a problem.  IM PUZZLED.

<script language="JavaScript">

var curChannel=0;

function input(no)
{
    chLed1.src = chLed2.src;
    chLed2.src = chLed3.src;
    chLed3.src = "interface/ch" + no + ".gif";
    curChannel = ((curChannel * 10) + no) % 1000;
}

function chDisplay(x)
{
    var movName = new String();
    movName = curChannel.toString();
    while (movName.length != 3)
    {
        movName = "0" + movName;
    }
    movName = "movies/320/" + movName + ".mov";
    spanMov.innerHTML = "<embed width=320 height=255 src=" + movName +
"></embed>";
}

function jump(diff)
{
    var newChannel = (curChannel + diff) % 1000;
    if (newChannel == -1)
    {
        newChannel = 999;
    }
    var k = Math.floor(newChannel / 100);
    input(k);
    var c = Math.floor((newChannel % 100) / 10);
    input(c);
    var d = (newChannel % 100) % 10;
    input(d);
    chDisplay(0);
}

</script>

    <embed width="320" height="255" src="movies/320/000.mov"></embed>

TIA!!!!

0
jonezy

"jonezy" <jonezy@donotmailmejonezy.com> writes:

> my test server is win2k server, the script works fine, loads the movie,
> allows user selection etc.  however when i access the same script on my
> remote server none of the requesting files load.  the files are there, and
> they are accessible.  ive tested them out by themselves so i know its not an
> issue with the file.  i also just moved to windows from a unix machine.  i
> have the exact same script and movies on the unix machine and i have NEVER
> had a problem.

That suggests that it is not the case of the file names that is wrong.
Try checking the content-type that the server sends the files with.

/L
--
Lasse Reichstein Nielsen  -  lrn@hotpop.com
Lasse
In article <vfn5cc9h2mo086@corp.supernews.com>, jonezy wrote:
> my test server is win2k server, the script works fine, loads the movie,
> allows user selection etc.  however when i access the same script on my
> remote server none of the requesting files load.  the files are there, and
> they are accessible.  ive tested them out by themselves so i know its not an
> issue with the file.  i also just moved to windows from a unix machine.  i
> have the exact same script and movies on the unix machine and i have NEVER
> had a problem.  IM PUZZLED.

Using what browsers?
0
Spamless
6/27/2003 1:44:19 AM
In article <vfosib2jrfq70e@corp.supernews.com>, jonezy wrote:
> ie6
>
> "Spamless" <Spamless@Nil.nil> wrote in message
>> In article <vfn5cc9h2mo086@corp.supernews.com>, jonezy wrote:
>> > my test server is win2k server, the script works fine, loads the movie,
>> > allows user selection etc.  however when i access the same script on my
>> > remote server none of the requesting files load.  the files are there,
> and
>> > they are accessible.  ive tested them out by themselves so i know its
> not an
>> > issue with the file.  i also just moved to windows from a unix machine.
>> > have the exact same script and movies on the unix machine and i have
> NEVER
>> > had a problem.  IM PUZZLED.
>>
>> Using what browsers?

Well, it is not push. The browser sees the file location and, hopefully,
asks for the file. If you have windup (tcpdump clone for windows) you
can see if it is actually requesting the file (or if you use a web
proxy like Privoxy or something ...).

If it is requesting the file, it may be a connection problem.

If it is not requesting the file ... does it work using Netscape
on Windows?
0
Spamless