This question has two parts: 1) Level of Difficulty (2) Level of Elegance

Hi,

I have a vague idea of using HTML5's new Canvas element as a base or HTML d=
ocument as a base to create a super light-weight data visualization tool fo=
r a limited number of domains, for instance, genealogy and biology, the con=
cept of node(s), their extention(s) and relations are critical.

Q1:
How difficult would it be to allow the user to create node, its child or ch=
ildren, set up relationships (via line connectors), moving these objects ar=
ound, save them, later, edit them.  Add attributes to each nodes; provide i=
nsight as to / automatically identify the Most Important Nodes...

Q2:
I guess how well we do would determine how elegant and useful the program w=
ill be.

A related question, is there any such tool already out there?  I mean super=
 light and its application has a limited scope.

Thanks.
0
justaguy