Web Apps - icons for them, and storing them locally

...so, is there any way to write, say, a game, and have Firefox give you an =
icon for it, like it has in that screen where it "recommends" you stuff? ..=
...and also, if someone downloads a game, obviously everytime someone wants =
to play it, they don't wanna go to the site and get it every time, so... is=
 there some way to store the Javascript locally? I'm curious to know what k=
ind of initiatives Mozilla/anyone else has taken in this regard....?

I'd also like the level data - you know, FILES, to be stored locally....

Thanks.
0
bit

On 07-Nov-16 10:52 PM, bit-naughty@hotmail.com wrote:
> ...so, is there any way to write, say, a game, and have Firefox give
> you an icon for it, like it has in that screen where it "recommends"
> you stuff? .....and also, if someone downloads a game, obviously
> everytime someone wants to play it, they don't wanna go to the site
> and get it every time, so... is there some way to store the
> Javascript locally? I'm curious to know what kind of initiatives
> Mozilla/anyone else has taken in this regard....?
>
> I'd also like the level data - you know, FILES, to be stored
> locally....
>

> Thanks.

Mozilla had a fantastic WebApp strategy that id now dead because their
App Store is dead :-( mozApps.install() etc

At the moment they have nothing except add-to-homescreen but are busy
trying to support the WebApp manifest as is Google.

For caching see ServiceWorkers and the fetch API and you can be your own
proxy server
0
Richard