f



What are some of the popular JavaScript forums on the web?

Thanks.
0
justaguy
11/3/2016 12:56:54 AM
comp.lang.javascript 38370 articles. 2 followers. javascript4 (1315) is leader. Post Follow

5 Replies
445 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

On 02-11-2016 22:56, justaguy wrote:
> [What are some of the popular JavaScript forums on the web?] Thanks.
>

Discussion forums / newsgroups may be a waste of time in general [1]. 
Thanks Google we can search Stack Overflow and MDN sites for what we 
really need to know.

For a while I've been following very few web developers / lists on 
Twitter such as @rauschma, @JavaScriptDaily, @nodejs, @FrontEndDaily, 
@Real_CSS_Tricks. Those won't bother you with non-related Web 
Development matters. It's a good way to stay productive.

Maybe the most effective way to speed up JS learning is attending an 
online JS / Node.js course, such as Thinkful, CodeAcademy, Code School, etc.


[1] <http://slymarketing.com/are-discussion-forums-a-waste-of-time/>

-- 
Joao Rodrigues
0
Joao
11/3/2016 3:28:01 AM
Joao Rodrigues wrote:

> Maybe the most effective way to speed up JS learning is attending an
> online JS / Node.js course, such as Thinkful, CodeAcademy, Code School,
> etc.

Proper learning is a process that must proceed at its natural pace.
Those who wish to speed up learning might learn about more topics,
but the learning will be more superficial, they will forget more of
what they have learned, and they will develop misconceptions more
easily as a result.

-- 
PointedEars
FAQ: <http://PointedEars.de/faq> | SVN: <http://PointedEars.de/wsvn/>
Twitter: @PointedEars2 | ES Matrix: <http://PointedEars.de/es-matrix>
Please do not cc me. / Bitte keine Kopien per E-Mail.
0
Thomas
11/3/2016 11:19:43 AM
On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 11:28:15 PM UTC-4, Joao Rodrigues wrote:
> On 02-11-2016 22:56, justaguy wrote:
> > [What are some of the popular JavaScript forums on the web?] Thanks.
> >
> 
> Discussion forums / newsgroups may be a waste of time in general [1]. 
> Thanks Google we can search Stack Overflow and MDN sites for what we 
> really need to know.
> 
> For a while I've been following very few web developers / lists on 
> Twitter such as @rauschma, @JavaScriptDaily, @nodejs, @FrontEndDaily, 
> @Real_CSS_Tricks. Those won't bother you with non-related Web 
> Development matters. It's a good way to stay productive.
> 
> Maybe the most effective way to speed up JS learning is attending an 
> online JS / Node.js course, such as Thinkful, CodeAcademy, Code School, etc.
> 
> 
> [1] <http://slymarketing.com/are-discussion-forums-a-waste-of-time/>
> 

Interesting input, thank you.

0
justaguy
11/3/2016 2:38:16 PM
On Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 7:19:49 AM UTC-4, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Joao Rodrigues wrote:
> 
> > Maybe the most effective way to speed up JS learning is attending an
> > online JS / Node.js course, such as Thinkful, CodeAcademy, Code School,
> > etc.
> 
> Proper learning is a process that must proceed at its natural pace.
> Those who wish to speed up learning might learn about more topics,
> but the learning will be more superficial, they will forget more of
> what they have learned, and they will develop misconceptions more
> easily as a result.
> 

Very thoughtful, thank you.


0
justaguy
11/3/2016 2:38:44 PM
Joao Rodrigues <groups_jr-1@yahoo.com.br> writes:
>Discussion forums / newsgroups may be a waste of time in general [1]. 
>Thanks Google we can search Stack Overflow and MDN sites for what we 
>really need to know.

  That is a point of view restricted to the /receipt/ of information.
  But in a forum one does not only receive information.
  And, as they say, "it is more blessed to give than to receive".

0
ram
11/4/2016 3:37:07 AM
Reply: