Format of O=Xref output

Folks,

I thought I'd use the output of the O (B) module to generate tags for vim, it seemed pretty straight forward:

  perl -MO=Xref (filename) > xrefout.txt

then process xrefout.txt

What I noticed is a bunch of 'File' references that are not vaild filenames, i.e. names with control/non-printing characters.

I've looked high and low for an detailed description for this and could find nothing but meager mentions that the O module is used for access into the compiler.

Any help appreciated...
0
David
12/7/2016 5:26:33 PM
comp.lang.perl.modules 4194 articles. 0 followers. jerrykrinock (6) is leader. Post Follow

On 12-07-16 09:26, David Corcoran wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I thought I'd use the output of the O (B) module to generate tags for vim, it seemed pretty straight forward:
>
>   perl -MO=Xref (filename) > xrefout.txt
>
> then process xrefout.txt
>
> What I noticed is a bunch of 'File' references that are not vaild filenames, i.e. names with control/non-printing characters.
>
> I've looked high and low for an detailed description for this and could find nothing but meager mentions that the O module is used for access into the compiler.
>
> Any help appreciated...

Example of strange output please and maybe the OS you're running on.

0
Bill