are there known limits to the number of items in BrowseEntry?

Hi,

I'm prototyping a PerlTk GUI where one of the BrowseEntry widgets holds
more than 1350 items.  However, when browsing the list, I get some
blank space after about 1000 items, even though the scrollbar seems to
indicate there should be more items to display.

Any hint about what's happening?

Using RHEL7, perl 5.16.3 and perl-tk-804.030.
--
Daniel Villeneuve
AD OPT, a Kronos Division

On 9/15/2015 17:44, Daniel Villeneuve wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm prototyping a PerlTk GUI where one of the BrowseEntry widgets holds more than 1350 items.  However, when browsing the list, I get some
> blank space after about 1000 items, even though the scrollbar seems to indicate there should be more items to display.
>
> Any hint about what's happening?

Nothing obvious.  State OS/Perl version etc.
Make smallest possible test case that fails and post it (you may find
the answer whilst doing this exercise).  :)

0
Bill