catch key stroke before displaying in an entry

Hello List

I have an application with a main window an several Entry's (input
boxes). I would like to check the pressed key before it is displaied in
the selected entry or even if no entry is selected (main window
selected). I need this to determine if the input is comming from the
keyboard or from a barcode scanner which is connected together with the
keyboard (and acts like a keyboard, I can add some post chars for the
barcode reader).

I tried to "bind" the "KeyPress" event to the main window and hoped this
  will be the first callback which is called after pressing a key, but
it seems to be the last callback. Then I could check the char and decide
if  the callback should  break or the next call back should be executed.

I hope somebody can tell me an easy way to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas
Thomas
10/4/2004 7:05:45 PM
comp.lang.perl.tk 4721 articles. 0 followers. pharrendorf (19) is leader. Post Follow