Re: malfunctioning keys in sun 10-key under Perl/Tk #9

>>> konovalo <konovalo@mail.wplus.net> 03/15/05 12:34 AM >>>
>>Also, running following code on Tcl/Tk interpreter:
>>pack [text .t]
>>will bring a Tcl/Tk GUI and widget on it for you to check behaviour
>Using 'wish' to check out:
>  pack [ text .t ]
>and:
>  pack [ entry .e ]
>and the keyboard behaves in the same
>manner as it does in Perl/Tk.
Then this should be discussed with Tcl/Tk people first, as long as
problem starts from there.
Can you provide version information? Can you try latest?

Thanks Vadim,

OK. The version I used was an 8.0 from years ago, but 8.4.9
behaved the same way too. What forum is best used to
communicate with the Tcl/Tk folks? Is it Activestate?

Troy

Troy
3/15/2005 7:06:34 PM
comp.lang.perl.tk 4721 articles. 0 followers. pharrendorf (19) is leader. Post Follow

Troy.A Johnson wrote:

>>>Also, running following code on Tcl/Tk interpreter:
>>>pack [text .t]
>>>will bring a Tcl/Tk GUI and widget on it for you to check behaviour

> OK. The version I used was an 8.0 from years ago, but 8.4.9
> behaved the same way too. What forum is best used to
> communicate with the Tcl/Tk folks? Is it Activestate?

This is actually an old reported bug:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=481308&group_id=12997&atid=312997

but as you can see from that report, the patch was reported as
invalid.  As I don't have the old Sun keyboards around to
verify, I can only rely on users to provide verification.  If
you can provide that patch (verified), I will see it get into
the core.

--
   Jeff Hobbs, The Tk Guy
   http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos