f



<a href="target.php?link=value"> no longer works in PHP 4.3.6

RH9, Apache 2.0.49, php 4.3.6
been away from php for about 2 years and 
this way used to work, still does in older php versions, now it doesn't.
is there a reason for this? a work around?

Thanx in Advance!!
0
5/28/2004 5:12:28 AM
comp.lang.php 32646 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

8 Replies
696 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

On 27 May 2004 22:12:28 -0700, chingayou@yahoo.com (c) wrote:

>RH9, Apache 2.0.49, php 4.3.6
>been away from php for about 2 years and 
>this way used to work, still does in older php versions, now it doesn't.
>is there a reason for this? a work around?
>
>Thanx in Advance!!
be more specific, because that should work... :D
0
s.lahey (23)
5/28/2004 6:15:02 AM
Shane Lahey <s.lahey@roadrunner.nf.net> wrote in 
news:56mdb0l6d881v41mj09jrfj2f7c2ul08ql@4ax.com:

> be more specific, because that should work... :D

perhaps hes means about getting the variables... before $_GET was around?
0
invalid44 (88)
5/28/2004 7:21:03 AM
Theo wrote:
> Shane Lahey <s.lahey@roadrunner.nf.net> wrote in
> news:56mdb0l6d881v41mj09jrfj2f7c2ul08ql@4ax.com:
>
>> be more specific, because that should work... :D
>
> perhaps hes means about getting the variables... before $_GET was
> around?

Actually, he has problems with register_globals.

Berislav

--
If the Internet is a Marx Brothers movie, and Web, e-mail, and IRC are
Groucho, Chico, and Harpo, then Usenet is Zeppo.


0
5/28/2004 7:39:47 AM
Berislav Lopac wrote:
> Theo wrote:
> 
>>Shane Lahey <s.lahey@roadrunner.nf.net> wrote in
>>news:56mdb0l6d881v41mj09jrfj2f7c2ul08ql@4ax.com:
>>
>>
>>>be more specific, because that should work... :D
>>
>>perhaps hes means about getting the variables... before $_GET was
>>around?
> 
> 
> Actually, he has problems with register_globals.
> 
> Berislav
> 
> --
> If the Internet is a Marx Brothers movie, and Web, e-mail, and IRC are
> Groucho, Chico, and Harpo, then Usenet is Zeppo.
> 
> 
If you want to use that, in current versions of PHP, it will save the
arguments into a superglobal known as $_GET.

In the past, if register_globals was enabled, at this page,
"something.php?var=hello"
$var = "hello"

But this created a huge security risk, for example if your script has a
$logged_in = 1; //very lousy and bad code, dude,
The evil user can just use "something.php?logged_in=1" and your site is
toast.

So in recent versions of PHP, to access that particular variable, use $_GET.

e.g. something.php?var1=hi&var2=boo
echo $_GET["var1"]; // hi
echo $_GET["var2"]; // boo

Similarly, POST variables are now under $_POST just fyi.

That's all, hope that helps, have fun!

ccjx

0
ccjx (1)
5/28/2004 3:31:40 PM
"Berislav Lopac" <berislav.lopac@dimedia.hr> wrote in message news:<c96qc2$skc$1@ls219.htnet.hr>...
> Theo wrote:
> > Shane Lahey <s.lahey@roadrunner.nf.net> wrote in
> > news:56mdb0l6d881v41mj09jrfj2f7c2ul08ql@4ax.com:
> >
> >> be more specific, because that should work... :D
> >
> > perhaps hes means about getting the variables... before $_GET was
> > around?
> 
> Actually, he has problems with register_globals.
> 
> Berislav

Yes, it is about getting variables from one page to the next using
that syntax.
I have seen $_GET around but do not know how to incorporate that into
my code using a link.  Tried turning on register_globals in php.ini,
that didn't work either, besides, it is shunned on by programming
community.
Thanx!
0
5/28/2004 3:59:19 PM
chingayou@yahoo.com (c) wrote in news:57807ce.0405280759.edf73f5
@posting.google.com:

> I have seen $_GET around but do not know how to incorporate that into
> my code using a link. 

you dont. you use the link normally 'page.php?var=x' and use $_GET on the 
receiving page '$var = $_GET['var']' then all is good.
0
invalid44 (88)
5/28/2004 5:09:29 PM
On 28 May 2004 08:59:19 -0700, chingayou@yahoo.com (c) wrote:

>"Berislav Lopac" <berislav.lopac@dimedia.hr> wrote in message news:<c96qc2$skc$1@ls219.htnet.hr>...
>> Theo wrote:
>> > Shane Lahey <s.lahey@roadrunner.nf.net> wrote in
>> > news:56mdb0l6d881v41mj09jrfj2f7c2ul08ql@4ax.com:
>> >
>> >> be more specific, because that should work... :D
>> >
>> > perhaps hes means about getting the variables... before $_GET was
>> > around?
>> 
>> Actually, he has problems with register_globals.
>> 
>> Berislav
>
>Yes, it is about getting variables from one page to the next using
>that syntax.
>I have seen $_GET around but do not know how to incorporate that into
>my code using a link.  Tried turning on register_globals in php.ini,
>that didn't work either, besides, it is shunned on by programming
>community.
>Thanx!

in target.php the value of link would be stored in the variable:
$_GET['link']


0
s.lahey (23)
5/28/2004 7:11:18 PM
On 2004-05-28, ccjx <ccjx@newagezone.com> wrote:
> Similarly, POST variables are now under $_POST just fyi.

And all together are shared in $_REQUEST ;)

Bye,
phil
-- 
Please send replies (not followups) to the address set in Reply-To.
Philipp Kern - PK2186-RIPE - http://www.philkern.de
0
trash4886 (40)
5/31/2004 4:47:37 PM
Reply: