phpinfo() errors after compiling PHP 4.4.7

I've compiled MySQL 4.1, PHP 4.4.7 and Apache 1.3.37.

When I try to use phpinfo() to ensure everything is OK, I get the
following message:

Warning: Unknown(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/test.php): failed to open
stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)() [function.include]: Failed opening
'/usr/local/apache/htdocs/test.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

Is this some form of security issue?

Secondly, I'm only doing this because the servers on the web I have
access to run similar versions of AMP. If I develop under Apache 2, PHP
5.* and MySQL 5.*, is it expected that the PHP pages and database will
work OK under MySQL 4.1, PHP 4.4.7 and Apache 1.3.37 ?
0
newt_e (3)

On 6 Sep., 01:04, Newt <new...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> I've compiled MySQL 4.1, PHP 4.4.7 and Apache 1.3.37.
>
> When I try to use phpinfo() to ensure everything is OK, I get the
> following message:
>
> Warning: Unknown(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/test.php): failed to open
> stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0
>
> Warning: (null)() [function.include]: Failed opening
> '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/test.php' for inclusion
> (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0
>
> Is this some form of security issue?
>
> Secondly, I'm only doing this because the servers on the web I have
> access to run similar versions of AMP. If I develop under Apache 2, PHP
> 5.* and MySQL 5.*, is it expected that the PHP pages and database will
> work OK under MySQL 4.1, PHP 4.4.7 and Apache 1.3.37 ?

seems to be a permission problem, check if the apache-user is allowed
to access /htdocs and test.php.

in your developement enviroment the apache-version doesn't really
matter. php5-scripts may work on php4, as long you're not coding
object oriented. mysql5 databses are compatible to mysql4 databases,
but there are several new functions in mysql5, that will fail on
mysql4 (subselects for example).

Lammi wrote:
> On 6 Sep., 01:04, Newt <new...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> I've compiled MySQL 4.1, PHP 4.4.7 and Apache 1.3.37.
>>
>> When I try to use phpinfo() to ensure everything is OK, I get the
>> following message:
>>
>> Warning: Unknown(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/test.php): failed to open
>> stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0
>>
>> Warning: (null)() [function.include]: Failed opening
>> '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/test.php' for inclusion
>> (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0
>>
>> Is this some form of security issue?
>>
>> Secondly, I'm only doing this because the servers on the web I have
>> access to run similar versions of AMP. If I develop under Apache 2, PHP
>> 5.* and MySQL 5.*, is it expected that the PHP pages and database will
>> work OK under MySQL 4.1, PHP 4.4.7 and Apache 1.3.37 ?
>
> seems to be a permission problem, check if the apache-user is allowed
> to access /htdocs and test.php.
>
> in your developement enviroment the apache-version doesn't really
> matter. php5-scripts may work on php4, as long you're not coding
> object oriented. mysql5 databses are compatible to mysql4 databases,
> but there are several new functions in mysql5, that will fail on
> mysql4 (subselects for example).

Hmm. Having just started apache, it's currently running as nobody. I
take it that isn't a good thing then...
0
newt_e (3)
9/6/2007 7:24:42 PM

Newt wrote:
> Lammi wrote:
>> On 6 Sep., 01:04, Newt <new...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>> I've compiled MySQL 4.1, PHP 4.4.7 and Apache 1.3.37.
>>>
>>> When I try to use phpinfo() to ensure everything is OK, I get the
>>> following message:
>>>
>>> Warning: Unknown(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/test.php): failed to open
>>> stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0
>>>
>>> Warning: (null)() [function.include]: Failed opening
>>> '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/test.php' for inclusion
>>> (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0
>>>
>>> Is this some form of security issue?
>>>
>>> Secondly, I'm only doing this because the servers on the web I have
>>> access to run similar versions of AMP. If I develop under Apache 2, PHP
>>> 5.* and MySQL 5.*, is it expected that the PHP pages and database will
>>> work OK under MySQL 4.1, PHP 4.4.7 and Apache 1.3.37 ?
>>
>> seems to be a permission problem, check if the apache-user is allowed
>> to access /htdocs and test.php.
>>
>> in your developement enviroment the apache-version doesn't really
>> matter. php5-scripts may work on php4, as long you're not coding
>> object oriented. mysql5 databses are compatible to mysql4 databases,
>> but there are several new functions in mysql5, that will fail on
>> mysql4 (subselects for example).
>>
> Hmm. Having just started apache, it's currently running as nobody. I
> take it that isn't a good thing then...
Set it to run as apache, with the group as apache. Still didn't work. I
also needed to reset the permissions on test.php .
0
newt_e (3)