f



secure soap connection where server is in java ?

 I have been trying to figure out apache/rampart soap security. We
have a soap server in java and the client is PHP. I just read this
article which concerns me because it seems to imply rampart/java won't
work with PHP. Are there any other good solutions, particularly simple
ones ? I have been trying to get rampart/java working for the past 3
days and haven't even gotten to the PHP client part as of yet, then it
occured to me to do a google search to see if the client being in PHP
might be an issue:

in interview from this past february:

http://wso2.org/library/805



OT: There is also Apache Rampart/Java [2]. What is the relationship
between these two?

Kaushalye: Well...Rampart/ Java is our big brother. Just like Apache
Rampart/Java serves for Apache Axis2/Java, Apache Rampart/C serves for
Apache Axis2/C. We are trying our best to keep both implementations
similar, especially to keep the configurations similar. This is a bit
challenging due to the differences in the platforms. The C
implementation is not just for C developers. Our aim is to let PHP, C+
+, and Perl developers use Apache Rampart/C. So we have to make the
Apache Rampart/C implementation more flexible. We also need to provide
easy-to-use APIs for all these platforms.

0
wbsurfver (42)
7/19/2007 11:58:12 AM
comp.lang.php 32646 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

4 Replies
728 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 34

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:58:12 +0200, wbsurfver@yahoo.com  
<wbsurfver@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I have been trying to figure out apache/rampart soap security. We
> have a soap server in java and the client is PHP. I just read this
> article which concerns me because it seems to imply rampart/java won't
> work with PHP.

Am I missing something here? The reason to work with SOAP connections is  
so anything can communicate with anything, is it not? As long as client  
and server follow protocol, communication should be OK.

> Are there any other good solutions, particularly simple
> ones ? I have been trying to get rampart/java working for the past 3
> days and haven't even gotten to the PHP client part as of yet, then it
> occured to me to do a google search to see if the client being in PHP
> might be an issue:
>
> Kaushalye: Well...Rampart/ Java is our big brother. Just like Apache
> Rampart/Java serves for Apache Axis2/Java, Apache Rampart/C serves for
> Apache Axis2/C. We are trying our best to keep both implementations
> similar, especially to keep the configurations similar. This is a bit
> challenging due to the differences in the platforms. The C
> implementation is not just for C developers. Our aim is to let PHP, C+
> +, and Perl developers use Apache Rampart/C. So we have to make the
> Apache Rampart/C implementation more flexible. We also need to provide
> easy-to-use APIs for all these platforms.

Well, AFAIK it just states that a module for PHP has yet to be written,  
including an API. That doesn't mean you cannot write it in PHP itself,  
just means more work. I don't know anything about java/rampart, but as  
long as it works with SOAP, you should be able to get it working using the  
SOAP extention.
-- 
Rik Wasmus
0
7/19/2007 12:22:55 PM
Hi,

you might want to checkout the NuSOAP library at 
http://dietrich.ganx4.com/nusoap/. I know that when you look at the 
website the project seems dead, but oh well the library is still 
available for download and for me it does what it has to do: it talks 
SOAP :)

Kind regards,

Harrie Verveer
---
http://www.ibuildings.nl/blog/authors/Harrie-Verveer
0
7/19/2007 12:52:48 PM
WSO2 for PHP is probably what you need:

http://wso2.org/projects/wsf/php

On Jul 19, 7:58 am, "wbsurf...@yahoo.com" <wbsurf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I have been trying to figure out apache/rampart soap security. We
> have a soap server in java and the client is PHP. I just read this
> article which concerns me because it seems to imply rampart/java won't
> work with PHP. Are there any other good solutions, particularly simple
> ones ? I have been trying to get rampart/java working for the past 3
> days and haven't even gotten to the PHP client part as of yet, then it
> occured to me to do a google search to see if the client being in PHP
> might be an issue:
>
> in interview from this past february:
>
> http://wso2.org/library/805
>
> OT: There is also Apache Rampart/Java [2]. What is the relationship
> between these two?
>
> Kaushalye: Well...Rampart/ Java is our big brother. Just like Apache
> Rampart/Java serves for Apache Axis2/Java, Apache Rampart/C serves for
> Apache Axis2/C. We are trying our best to keep both implementations
> similar, especially to keep the configurations similar. This is a bit
> challenging due to the differences in the platforms. The C
> implementation is not just for C developers. Our aim is to let PHP, C+
> +, and Perl developers use Apache Rampart/C. So we have to make the
> Apache Rampart/C implementation more flexible. We also need to provide
> easy-to-use APIs for all these platforms.


0
petersprc (357)
7/19/2007 6:30:08 PM
wbsurfver@yahoo.com wrote:

> I have been trying to figure out apache/rampart soap security. We
> have a soap server in java and the client is PHP. I just read this
> article which concerns me because it seems to imply rampart/java won't
> work with PHP.

No -- it means that you can't use PHP with it on the *server*. 

Your client can be any programming language capable of talking SOAP. PHP
included. I recommend the SOAP Client library from PEAR.

-- 
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[Geek of HTML/SQL/Perl/PHP/Python/Apache/Linux]
[OS: Linux 2.6.12-12mdksmp, up 29 days, 15:26.]

               Parsing an HTML Table with PEAR's XML_HTTPSax3
        http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2007/07/20/html-table-parsing/
0
7/20/2007 11:47:25 AM
Reply: