f



Can Your Programming Language Do This? Joel on functional programming and briefly on anonymous functions!

Can Your Programming Language Do This?

Joel on functional programming and briefly on anonymous functions!

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/08/01.html

--
Regards,
Casey
0
8/3/2006 6:18:56 AM
comp.lang.python 77058 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

4 Replies
910 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 0

Casey Hawthorne wrote:
> Can Your Programming Language Do This?

And the answer is "yes, of course" !-)

> Joel on functional programming and briefly on anonymous functions!
> 
> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/08/01.html
> 
> --
> Regards,
> Casey


-- 
bruno desthuilliers
python -c "print '@'.join(['.'.join([w[::-1] for w in p.split('.')]) for
p in 'onurb@xiludom.gro'.split('@')])"
0
onurb (1416)
8/3/2006 9:56:24 AM
Casey Hawthorne napisa�(a):

> Can Your Programming Language Do This?
> 
> Joel on functional programming and briefly on anonymous functions!
> 
> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/08/01.html

Ridiculos. That's how single-programming-mood people react when they
find that you can program in procedural or functional way and get your
work done. I always had a fun seeing these "all-java-kids" fighting
CRTJVAPGM or RUNJVAPGM on OS/400. ;)

-- 
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/
0
jzgoda (227)
8/3/2006 5:29:47 PM
Jarek Zgoda <jzgoda@o2.usun.pl> wrote:

> Casey Hawthorne napisa?(a):
> 
> > Can Your Programming Language Do This?
> > 
> > Joel on functional programming and briefly on anonymous functions!
> > 
> > http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/08/01.html
> 
> Ridiculos. That's how single-programming-mood people react when they
> find that you can program in procedural or functional way and get your
> work done. I always had a fun seeing these "all-java-kids" fighting
> CRTJVAPGM or RUNJVAPGM on OS/400. ;)

Uh?-(  Are you calling *Joel* an "all-java kid"?!  He's an old clunker,
just like me!, and HIS background is primarily in C and some kind of
LISP -- he makes that quite clear in some of his books.


Alex
0
aleax3 (623)
8/4/2006 4:57:07 AM
Alex Martelli napisa�(a):

>>>Joel on functional programming and briefly on anonymous functions!
>>>
>>>http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/08/01.html
>>
>>Ridiculos. That's how single-programming-mood people react when they
>>find that you can program in procedural or functional way and get your
>>work done. I always had a fun seeing these "all-java-kids" fighting
>>CRTJVAPGM or RUNJVAPGM on OS/400. ;)
> 
> Uh?-(  Are you calling *Joel* an "all-java kid"?!  He's an old clunker,
> just like me!, and HIS background is primarily in C and some kind of
> LISP -- he makes that quite clear in some of his books.

I am sure he wouldn't have a hard time on OS/400. I think he shows a bit
of exaggeration in this article, as he is too smart to believe that the
world is all object-oriented, but this is writer's right to grab readers
attention.

This "all-java-kids" was a remark to his statement from some earlier
article (mentioned also in this one), where he writes on people being
taught only java on programming courses.

-- 
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/
0
jzgoda (227)
8/4/2006 5:23:30 AM
Reply: