Re: pymozilla ([Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.3.3 (release candidate 1) - custom Py_Initialize())

[Brad Clements wrote]
>I'd like to find out more about pymozilla.. It sounds very interesting

pymozilla is is a proprietary application so I can't share the code.
It's a modified python.exe with builtin Browser module - Python wrapped
Gecko engine.
Custom nsIProtocolHandler and zip-file-system Python module is used to get
and load files(html,xml,css,images,Python code) from zip
and to resolve and process all ".py" links and html forms. It's pretty like
CGI, but no server is required.
The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without
installing anything (Mozilla/Python)

Wiktor

0
art2042 (3)

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:53 +0100, "Wiktor Sadowski"
<art@wiktorsadowski.com> wrote:

>The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without
>installing anything (Mozilla/Python)

I had the same problem. I solved it using Webware and SQLite.

--
JZ
0
JZ <jroznfgre@jngpugbjreQBGbet.cy> writes:

> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:53 +0100, "Wiktor Sadowski"
> <art@wiktorsadowski.com> wrote:
>
> >The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without
> >installing anything (Mozilla/Python)
>
> I had the same problem. I solved it using Webware and SQLite.

What's the problem?  Does Python not like having nowhere to save .pyc
files?

John
0
jjl (1300)
12/19/2003 1:58:59 PM
"John J. Lee" wrote:

> JZ <jroznfgre@jngpugbjreQBGbet.cy> writes:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:53 +0100, "Wiktor Sadowski"
> > <art@wiktorsadowski.com> wrote:
> >
> > >The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without
> > >installing anything (Mozilla/Python)
> >
> > I had the same problem. I solved it using Webware and SQLite.
>
> What's the problem?  Does Python not like having nowhere to save .pyc
> files?

Python has no problem with that.  We frequently run code from a CompactFlash
module with a read-only Linux partition, without .pyc files being written
and with no related issues.

-Peter
0
peter34 (3696)
12/23/2003 4:09:41 PM
jjl@pobox.com (John J. Lee) wrote in message news:<87fzfgoqn0.fsf@pobox.com>...
> JZ <jroznfgre@jngpugbjreQBGbet.cy> writes:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:53 +0100, "Wiktor Sadowski"
> > <art@wiktorsadowski.com> wrote:
> >
> > >The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without
> > >installing anything (Mozilla/Python)
> >
> > I had the same problem. I solved it using Webware and SQLite.
>
> What's the problem?  Does Python not like having nowhere to save .pyc
> files?

I guess it has something to do with the OCX like component
architecture of modzilla. OCX must register the components in the
registry - thats why we only buy pure DLL windows components (aka
libraries).
0
llothar (601)