Problem selecting Data with Object-Studio from Oracle-Database with Oracle-Client-Version 9.0.1 installed

Hi All!

Here are my Details:
While trying to Select Data from a Table in an Oracle-Database we
encountered problems. We have to (!) use an Oracle 9.0.1 Client on Windows
XP Pro!

We start an unchanged Object-Studio 6.8. From the "Load Application"-Dialog
we choose "Oracle 9.2". In an Object-Studio-Workspace we execute the
following Code:
| mydb result |
mydb := OracleDatabase logOnServer: #MYORACLE
user: #SCOTT
password: #TIGER
alias: #MYORACLE.
"mydb inspect."
"(OracleDatabase accessName: #MYORACLE) inspect."
"(mydb active) inspect."
result := ((OracleDatabase accessName: #MYORACLE) execSql: 'SELECT * FROM
EMP').
result inspect.

We get an Oracle-Message ORA-24374.

Has anyone an Idea how to solve this Problem? We know, that it works with an
installed Oracle-Client 9.2 but we have to use an Oracle-Client 9.0.1..

Thank you!

Thommy

0
Thomas
7/15/2003 5:40:38 PM
comp.lang.smalltalk 3549 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Thank you!
That is/was the problem. We had installed Oracle Client 9.0.1.0 - with
9.0.1.4 everything works fine!

Thommy

0
Thomas