Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

hi,

where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source?
this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk'

or any other good debugger, which i could use?

best,
s.
0
sitaca (1)

On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source?
> this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk'
>
> or any other good debugger, which i could use?

I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of
coverage for tcl. I don't know whether or not any of the tools
mentioned include coverage of itcl.

0
lvirden (1938)
1/23/2009 11:52:31 AM
On 23 jan, 12:52, "Larry W. Virden" <lvir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hi,
>
> > where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source?
> > this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk'
>
> > or any other good debugger, which i could use?
>
> I see, athttp://wiki.tcl.tk/8638, a brief reference to the topic of
> coverage for tcl. I don't know whether or not any of the tools
> mentioned include coverage of itcl.

I have a more complete version of the coverage tool mentioned on
that page. I just never got around to publishing it more widely.

As for debuggers: the Wiki has a lot of pointers on that subject
as well.

Regards,

Arjen
0
arjen.markus (2628)
1/23/2009 3:07:49 PM
Larry W. Virden wrote:
> On Jan 23, 5:56 am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source?
>> this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk'
>>
>> or any other good debugger, which i could use?
>
> I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of
> coverage for tcl. I don't know whether or not any of the tools
> mentioned include coverage of itcl.

On a related note, the wiki page for TclPro[1] fails to mention that the
free tclpro sources have been built for Fedora, and are available in
Fedora 7 and later via the standard 'yum' command.  Fedora users can run:

yum install tclpro

....to get prodebug, procheck, and procompile.

Due to build problems with tbcload in Tcl 8.5, procompile is not
available for Fedora 9 and later.

--Wart

[1]http://wiki.tcl.tk/365
0
wart (19)
1/24/2009 7:08:04 PM
Wart wrote:

> On a related note, the wiki page for TclPro[1] fails to mention that the
> free tclpro sources have been built for Fedora, and are available in
> Fedora 7 and later via the standard 'yum' command.  Fedora users can run:
>
> yum install tclpro
>
> ...to get prodebug, procheck, and procompile.
>
> Due to build problems with tbcload in Tcl 8.5, procompile is not
> available for Fedora 9 and later.
>
> --Wart
>
> [1]http://wiki.tcl.tk/365

Please go ahead and bring the Wiki up to date.  You probably know more than anyone else about using TclPro on Fedora, since (IIRC) you maintain the RPM packages.

There is also a page on the Linux distros available from Red Hat, and the Tcl tools provided as RPMs:
http://wiki.tcl.tk/8929

Keith.

0
kjn9 (125)
1/25/2009 6:17:37 PM
Keith Nash wrote:
> Wart wrote:
>
>> On a related note, the wiki page for TclPro[1] fails to mention that the
>> free tclpro sources have been built for Fedora, and are available in
>> Fedora 7 and later via the standard 'yum' command.  Fedora users can run:
>>
>> yum install tclpro
>>
>> ...to get prodebug, procheck, and procompile.
>>
>> Due to build problems with tbcload in Tcl 8.5, procompile is not
>> available for Fedora 9 and later.
>>
>> --Wart
>>
>> [1]http://wiki.tcl.tk/365
>
> Please go ahead and bring the Wiki up to date.  You probably know more than anyone else about using TclPro on Fedora, since (IIRC) you maintain the RPM packages.
>
> There is also a page on the Linux distros available from Red Hat, and the Tcl tools provided as RPMs:
> http://wiki.tcl.tk/8929

I tried updating both pages, but the changes didn't get accepted.  Is
there some manual approval process that authors and/or changes need to
go through before being pushed to the public?

--Wart
0
wart (19)
1/25/2009 7:50:19 PM
On 25 Jan, 19:50, Wart <w...@kobold.org> wrote:
> I tried updating both pages, but the changes didn't get accepted. =A0Is
> there some manual approval process that authors and/or changes need to
> go through before being pushed to the public?

On the Tcler's Wiki? No. We just rely on the fact that a fair number
of people watch the Recent Changes page. :-) If something else is
going wrong, that might be a separate issue. OTOH, if you are using
Firefox it is probably just an irritating caching issue in your
browser; try a forced reload of the page after you've edited.

(In fact, I can see your changes in the history of both pages.)

Donal.
Donal K. Fellows wrote:
> On 25 Jan, 19:50, Wart <w...@kobold.org> wrote:
>> I tried updating both pages, but the changes didn't get accepted.  Is
>> there some manual approval process that authors and/or changes need to
>> go through before being pushed to the public?
>
> On the Tcler's Wiki? No. We just rely on the fact that a fair number
> of people watch the Recent Changes page. :-) If something else is
> going wrong, that might be a separate issue. OTOH, if you are using
> Firefox it is probably just an irritating caching issue in your
> browser; try a forced reload of the page after you've edited.

Thanks, it was a cached page in the browser.  Firefox sometimes caches
these things a little too aggressively...

--Wart
0
thomas573 (9)