Extensive Cheat Sheet for Tcl/Tk

http://home.houston.rr.com/brianohagan/tcl_tk_ref_guide.html

Very nice, and thorough ; everyone should check this out.

Carl

0
cwjolly (228)

On Aug 30, 10:30 am, Bezoar <cwjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://home.houston.rr.com/brianohagan/tcl_tk_ref_guide.html

I wonder how related this is to the printed tcl/tk reference guide
created by Dave Bodenstab, Paul Raines, Jeff Tranter, based on Johan
Vromans work in perl.

The previous work was more oriented towards a TeX/LaTeX type series of
files and generated a really nice hard copy booklet with similar
information.
Alas, the tkref files appear to have last been updated in 2003, so
there are quite a few additions needed to them.

0
lvirden (1938)
8/30/2007 3:01:24 PM
Larry W. Virden wrote:

> I wonder how related this is to the printed tcl/tk reference guide
> created by Dave Bodenstab, Paul Raines, Jeff Tranter, based on Johan
> Vromans work in perl.
>
> The previous work was more oriented towards a TeX/LaTeX type series of
> files and generated a really nice hard copy booklet with similar
> information.
> Alas, the tkref files appear to have last been updated in 2003, so
> there are quite a few additions needed to them.

All of the TeX files are available as source, and I am totally open
to accepting patches/additions.  Since I updated Paul Raines' version
to Tcl 8.4.3, I have received patches from at most 3 people.  I
personally have not upgraded to 8.5 (I will wait until 8.5 becomes
the "official" release.)  I produced my version of the tcl/tk
reference for my use, and was happy to share that effort.  Perhaps,
if I find the time and motivation, I will update it when I finally
move to 8.5.  Again, anyone is free to contribute... or take over...
I have made a few changes (up to 8.4.9) beyond what I released, but
nothing significant enough to release a new package.  Contact me
if you're interested.

BTW, the reference at http://home.houston.rr.com/brianohagan/tcl_tk_ref_guide.html
*is* very nice, but a booklet is handy too.

Dave Bodenstab

[I have other interests that are taking my time, so I may not be able to
respond very quickly.  I will respond at least by mid Oct.]