f



Using "Open with" in windows to process a file with a tcl/tk scripts?

I have the following problem in windows 2000.

I have written a TCL/TK script which process xml files. Now I will like 
to be able select the xml file using the windows file manager and use 
"open with" to startup the tcl/tk scripts and pass the xml file as argument.

When I do this now I get an error telling that the xml file is not a 
valid win32 application.

Any ideas of how to do this?

Thanks in advance

0
sencion (26)
1/21/2004 2:02:46 PM
comp.lang.tcl 23428 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

4 Replies
1342 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 54

   Hello,

   You should enter something similar to:

c:\path\to\wish.exe "C:\path\to\xmleditor.tcl" "%1"

   Regards,
-- 
Ramon Rib�
http://gatxan.cimne.upc.es/ramsan

"Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion" <sencion@alcatel.es> escribi� en el
mensaje news:1074693766.891577@slbhw0...
> I have the following problem in windows 2000.
>
> I have written a TCL/TK script which process xml files. Now I will like
> to be able select the xml file using the windows file manager and use
> "open with" to startup the tcl/tk scripts and pass the xml file as
argument.
>
> When I do this now I get an error telling that the xml file is not a
> valid win32 application.
>
> Any ideas of how to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance
>


0
ramsan1 (91)
1/21/2004 2:27:35 PM
Hello

I already do thins in the same way. I define a new action for the file 
type XML and it works fine. But I wish not to have to define manually a 
new action.

What I would like to do is simply select the xml file, choose the option 
"open with" in the file manager, and  search and select the tcl script 
which process the XML. But when I do this I get the error telling me 
that the xml file is not a win32 application.

Ramon Rib� wrote:
>    Hello,
> 
>    You should enter something similar to:
> 
> c:\path\to\wish.exe "C:\path\to\xmleditor.tcl" "%1"
> 
>    Regards,

0
sencion (26)
1/22/2004 9:57:48 AM
Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion wrote:
> 
> Hello
> 
> I already do thins in the same way. I define a new action for the file
> type XML and it works fine. But I wish not to have to define manually a
> new action.
> 
> What I would like to do is simply select the xml file, choose the option
> "open with" in the file manager, and  search and select the tcl script
> which process the XML. But when I do this I get the error telling me
> that the xml file is not a win32 application.
> 
> Ramon Rib� wrote:
> >    Hello,
> >
> >    You should enter something similar to:
> >
> > c:\path\to\wish.exe "C:\path\to\xmleditor.tcl" "%1"
> >
> >    Regards,

Could you show us the actual command that should be executed then
(or the way you register it)?

Maybe that can help us to sort out the cause.

Regards,

Arjen
0
arjen.markus (2628)
1/22/2004 11:52:15 AM
Hello

Just found the problem! I was not registering properly the command in 
the windows registry. Do not have to much experience with the windows 
registry...

Thanks for all

Arjen Markus wrote:
> Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion wrote:
> 
>>Hello
>>
>>I already do thins in the same way. I define a new action for the file
>>type XML and it works fine. But I wish not to have to define manually a
>>new action.
>>
>>What I would like to do is simply select the xml file, choose the option
>>"open with" in the file manager, and  search and select the tcl script
>>which process the XML. But when I do this I get the error telling me
>>that the xml file is not a win32 application.
>>
>>Ramon Rib� wrote:
>>
>>>   Hello,
>>>
>>>   You should enter something similar to:
>>>
>>>c:\path\to\wish.exe "C:\path\to\xmleditor.tcl" "%1"
>>>
>>>   Regards,
> 
> 
> Could you show us the actual command that should be executed then
> (or the way you register it)?
> 
> Maybe that can help us to sort out the cause.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Arjen

0
sencion (26)
1/23/2004 9:01:14 AM
Reply: