Mecury mail - Unable to Receive or Send (Local) email

Ok, I had Mecury mail 3.x running on a 2000 server and loved it.  Moved
to Server 2003 and installed 4.2 and for some reason, I am unable to
send or recieve mail? (New Install of both programs)

>From both a local workstation and a remote system, I am able to
retrieve messages sent to my acccount from the Postmaster. However I
CANNOT send email to any local or remote users?  (I am able to send via
the Console's "Send mail message" both to local users and to the
internet. (nothing is getting through to any of the

The message I get when trying to send a message is "The message could
not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server.
(SMTP server response 550.5.7.1)" I have triple checked and that user
is a valid user.

Using MercuryE, I am forwarding via my router to the server...  Have
hard coded DNS servers in the Server modual...  I see successful
connections via POP but nothing shows up in the SMTP statistics
section.

I noticed on a previous message a note saying to shut down Microsoft
SMTP services, but when I do that I then receive unable to connect to
server errors???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-D

0
daboyce
1/5/2005 10:23:21 PM
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc 1751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow