Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?

Dear readers,

I have searched Google and read the FAQ at
http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/
but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail

Can anyone tell me, if that's possible?

Lots of love,
Janni

comp.mail.pine 2747 articles. 0 followers. mad.engineer (2) is leader. Post Follow

*** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...:

:) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at
:) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is
:) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail

Dear Janni,

Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection".
Change "mail/" to ".mail/".

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/
0
chappa (956)
12/10/2003 5:42:46 PM
> Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection".
> Change "mail/" to ".mail/".

This is great! Thanks Eduardo!!

I'll never change from Pine. That's for sure.

> http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/

Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any
effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I would
like to change my email when using mailinglists.

The only thing Pine now needs is a way to use PGP/GPG as attachments...=)

Hugs,
Janni

*** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...:

:) Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any
:) effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I
:) would like to change my email when using mailinglists.

Dear Janni,

  Remember that you can have your From header available for you all the
time, without the need for the patch. You can have it available if you
configure Pine as follows:

default-composer-hdrs= From:
		       Attchmnt:

(I wrote that patch thinking of all the people that have to support Pine
in big environments and don't want to be bothered answering this question)

Have a nice day!

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/
0
chappa (956)
12/10/2003 9:08:13 PM
[snip]

> (I wrote that patch thinking of all the people that have to support Pine
> in big environments and don't want to be bothered answering this question)

Even better! =)

If you have time, I have some other questions:

(1) Is it possible to remove:

from the outgoing emails?

(2) Is it possible to change dead.letter to .dead.letter ?

(3) Can Pine make a copy of all incoming emails to another folder?

Hugs,
Janni

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Janni Jensen wrote:

:) (1) Is it possible to remove:
:)

Only the first one. Press M S C and "[X] disable-sender". In order to
change the way Pine generates the message-id you need to edit the source
code.

:) (2) Is it possible to change dead.letter to .dead.letter ?

Not without editing the source code. Take a look at the file os.h in
pine4.58/pine or os-lnx.h in pine4.58/pine/osdep.

:) (3) Can Pine make a copy of all incoming emails to another folder?

Not in any way I can think of. There is a feature of "filters" (press M S
R F), but they move the message, not copy it.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/
0
chappa (956)
12/11/2003 2:52:02 PM
> Only the first one. Press M S C and "[X] disable-sender". In order to
> change the way Pine generates the message-id you need to edit the source
> code.

The sender was the one that I would like to get rid of the most, so that's
great!

> :) (2) Is it possible to change dead.letter to .dead.letter ?
>
> Not without editing the source code. Take a look at the file os.h in
> pine4.58/pine or os-lnx.h in pine4.58/pine/osdep.

That was easy=) While I was at it I enabled pine.pwd aswell like so:
Edit the file "pine/pine.h" and add the following line to it:
#define PASSFILE "pine.pwd"

> :) (3) Can Pine make a copy of all incoming emails to another folder?
>
> Not in any way I can think of. There is a feature of "filters" (press M S
> R F), but they move the message, not copy it.

Getting 2 out of 3 is pretty good, not to mention the mail -> .mail and
being able to edit From:

Now I can't think of anything else I would like=)

Hugs and kisses,
Janni
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Janni Jensen wrote:

> > Only the first one. Press M S C and "[X] disable-sender". In order to
> > change the way Pine generates the message-id you need to edit the source
> > code.
>
> The sender was the one that I would like to get rid of the most, so that's
> great!

Depending on why you want to get rid of the message-id, the option
"scramble-message-id" might be of interest.

> > :) (2) Is it possible to change dead.letter to .dead.letter ?
> >
> > Not without editing the source code. Take a look at the file os.h in
> > pine4.58/pine or os-lnx.h in pine4.58/pine/osdep.
>
> That was easy=) While I was at it I enabled pine.pwd aswell like so:
> Edit the file "pine/pine.h" and add the following line to it:
> #define PASSFILE "pine.pwd"

If you just want to get rid of the dead.letter file (as opposed to hiding
it) then there is the option "quell-dead-letter-on-cancel".

> > :) (3) Can Pine make a copy of all incoming emails to another folder?
> >
> > Not in any way I can think of. There is a feature of "filters" (press M S
> > R F), but they move the message, not copy it.
>
> Getting 2 out of 3 is pretty good, not to mention the mail -> .mail and
> being able to edit From:
>
> Now I can't think of anything else I would like=)
>
> Hugs and kisses,
> Janni

It is remotely possible that "read-message-folder" or
"incoming-archive-folders" do something like what you are hoping for (or
not).

Steve Hubert <hubert@washington.edu>
Networks and Distributed Computing, Univ. of Washington, Seattle
0
hubert9174 (186)