"ClientConn", "ClientRate" and "Connect"

Hello.

Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ?

For example:

-----part of /etc/mail/access-----

ClientConn:192.168.1          1
ClientRate:192.168.1          1

Connect:192.168.1             RELAY

-----------------------------------

--
Regards, Sergey
0

Sergey  wrote:

> Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ?

> For example:

> ClientConn:192.168.1          1
> ClientRate:192.168.1          1
> Connect:192.168.1             RELAY

See cf/README.

	Connect:cyberspammer.com		REJECT
	Connect:TLD				REJECT
	Connect:192.168.212			REJECT

would refuse mail from spammer@aol.com, any user from cyberspammer.com
(or any host within the cyberspammer.com domain), any host in the entire
top level domain TLD, 192.168.212.* network, >..

Hmm, for ClientConn and ClientRate it doesn't seem to be documented.
The sendmail X documentation has this explanation:

icr:10             5

Note, however, that the limits apply only to single IP addresses, they are
not aggregated for nets. That is, for the example every single host in the
IP net 10.x.y.z can have a maximum incoming connection rate of 5 messages
per minute.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous
Claus A?mann wrote:

>> Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ?
>
>> For example:
>
>> ClientConn:192.168.1          1
>> ClientRate:192.168.1          1
>> Connect:192.168.1             RELAY
>
> See cf/README.
>
>       Connect:cyberspammer.com                REJECT
>       Connect:TLD                             REJECT
>       Connect:192.168.212                     REJECT

I'm not about "Connect". I'm about "ClientConn" and "ClientRate"
If "Connect:192.168.1 RELAY" exist every host in 192.168.1.x have
unlimited incoming connection rate and nuber of connections.

And... Ou ! I fount bug: maximum incoming connection rate = ClientConn - 1.
e.q.: "ClientConn:192.168.1      1" disable accepting mail with
452 4.3.2 Connection rate limit exceeded.

I use Sendmail 8.13.3.

--
Regards, Sergey
0
Sergey wrote:

>>> ClientConn:192.168.1          1

> And... Ou ! I fount bug: maximum incoming connection rate = ClientConn -
> 1.
> e.q.: "ClientConn:192.168.1      1" disable accepting mail with
> 452 4.3.2 Connection rate limit exceeded.

Sorry, ClientRate.

--
Regards, Sergey
0