root can't send e-mail by sendmail

Hello,
user root can't send e-mail. Error is: Sender address not valid
or DSN: user not found
If I send as any other user even not existing then it works, but if sending as root (from crontab let say) then is never delivered despite it is saying Message accepted for delivery.
Is it problem on my server or on remote sendmail relay?
Does anybody know how to fix it?
Thank you

[root@serverA mail]# mail -v -s 'testing sendmail' user@firm.com
some text
..
Cc:
user@firm.com... Connecting to [32.95.226.249] via relay...
220 **********************************************************************************
>>> EHLO serverA.domain.net
250-relayserver.firm.com Hello [135.89.70.78], pleased to meet you
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 16000000
250-DSN
250-XXXXXXXXA
250 XXXB
>>> MAIL From:<root@serverB.firm.com> SIZE=50
553 5.0.0 <root@serverB.firm.com>... Sender address not valid
root... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay...
220 serverA.domain.net ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.8/8.13.8; Sun, 26 Oct 2014 19:06:14 GMT
>>> EHLO serverA.domain.net
250-serverA.domain.net Hello serverA [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE
250-DSN
250-ETRN
250-AUTH DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
250-DELIVERBY
250 HELP
>>> MAIL From:<> SIZE=1074
250 2.1.0 <>... Sender ok
>>> RCPT To:<root@serverA.domain.net>
>>> DATA
250 2.1.5 <root@serverA.domain.net>... Recipient ok
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>>> .
250 2.0.0 s9QJ6ESY008245 Message accepted for delivery
root... Sent (s9QJ6ESY008245 Message accepted for delivery)
Closing connection to [127.0.0.1]
>>> QUIT
221 2.0.0 serverA.domain.net closing connection
Closing connection to [32.95.226.249]
>>> QUIT
221 2.0.0 relayserver.firm.com closing connection
0
nicco

> user root can't send e-mail. Error is: Sender address not valid

That message doesn't seem to be part of the sendmail distribution.
Hence you should ask the postmaster of the server:

> 250-relayserver.firm.com Hello [135.89.70.78], pleased to meet you

> 553 5.0.0 <root@serverB.firm.com>... Sender address not valid

why the system doesn't accept the address.

Maybe because serverB.firm.com is not considered a valid domain?
Well, it resolves to 24.116.101.238 (and has a valid MX)
so it should be fine....

BTW: if firm.com is not the real domain, then you should NOT use it.
example.com exists for a reason...

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous
article(s) at the end because it's annoying, shows that the poster
is too lazy to trim his article, and it's wasting the time of all readers.
0
Claus
10/27/2014 12:36:38 AM
Thanks for reply.
I think that root@... is blocked on relay server for some reason - other us=
ers with the same domain are not blocked. The domain is valid and I use it =
because original serverA hostname and domain are not known for relay, hence=
 I use masquerading, but it is different story.
0
nicco
10/28/2014 4:14:39 PM
[[root / masquerading]]

cf/README

There are always users that need to be "exposed" -- that is, their
internal site name should be displayed instead of the masquerade name.
Root is an example (which has been "exposed" by default prior to 8.10).
You can add users to this list using

	EXPOSED_USER(`usernames')

-> Check your mc/cf file.
0