Force a re(fresh/download/load) of the current web page in iOS v9.3.5's Safari web browser?

Hello.

Is there a way to force a re(fresh/download/load) of the current web
page in iOS v9.3.5's Safari web browsers like in computers? From my
Google searches, only killing Safari and clearing all caches work.
However, they are tedious and extra work if I need to test web pages
quickly. Also, killing Safari and re(download/load/fresh)ing reread the
cached copies in my old iPhone 4S. :(

Thank you in advance. :)
--
Happy Holidays/Season's Greetings/Merry Christmas/Etc. :)
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)

On 2016-12-21, Ant <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is there a way to force a re(fresh/download/load) of the current web
> page in iOS v9.3.5's Safari web browsers like in computers? From my
> Google searches, only killing Safari and clearing all caches work.
> However, they are tedious and extra work if I need to test web pages
> quickly. Also, killing Safari and re(download/load/fresh)ing reread the
> cached copies in my old iPhone 4S. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

Try double-tapping the reload button.

-or-

View the web page in Private Mode. When you need to force a refresh,
close the tab and open a new one in Private Mode to see your changes.

JR
0
Jolly
12/21/2016 5:48:19 PM
In comp.mobile.ipad Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2016-12-21, Ant <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Is there a way to force a re(fresh/download/load) of the current web
> > page in iOS v9.3.5's Safari web browsers like in computers? From my
> > Google searches, only killing Safari and clearing all caches work.
> > However, they are tedious and extra work if I need to test web pages
> > quickly. Also, killing Safari and re(download/load/fresh)ing reread the
> > cached copies in my old iPhone 4S. :(
> >
> > Thank you in advance. :)

> Try double-tapping the reload button.

Hmm, that doesn't seem to work. It cancels my request due to its "X"
icon.

> -or-

> View the web page in Private Mode. When you need to force a refresh,
> close the tab and open a new one in Private Mode to see your changes.

That will require me to relog into the web site. Argh.
--
Happy Holidays/Season's Greetings/Merry Christmas/Etc. :)
  /\___/\   Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
 / /\ /\ \                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |
   \ _ /    Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail privately. If credit-
    ( )     ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
0
ANTant
12/21/2016 5:57:38 PM
On 2016-12-21, Ant <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:
> In comp.mobile.ipad Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On 2016-12-21, Ant <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:
>> > Hello.
>> >
>> > Is there a way to force a re(fresh/download/load) of the current web
>> > page in iOS v9.3.5's Safari web browsers like in computers? From my
>> > Google searches, only killing Safari and clearing all caches work.
>> > However, they are tedious and extra work if I need to test web pages
>> > quickly. Also, killing Safari and re(download/load/fresh)ing reread the
>> > cached copies in my old iPhone 4S. :(
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance. :)
>
>> Try double-tapping the reload button.
>
> Hmm, that doesn't seem to work. It cancels my request due to its "X"
> icon.

Try a long press instead.

>> -or-
>
>> View the web page in Private Mode. When you need to force a refresh,
>> close the tab and open a new one in Private Mode to see your changes.
>
> That will require me to relog into the web site. Argh.

....but does it work?

JR
0
Jolly
12/21/2016 5:58:33 PM
In comp.mobile.ipad Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2016-12-21, Ant <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote:

> >> Try double-tapping the reload button.
> >
> > Hmm, that doesn't seem to work. It cancels my request due to its "X"
> > icon.

> Try a long press instead.

I got its "Request Desktop Site" (weird name). I assume that is what we
want, but it give me the newer web page version.

> >> -or-
> >
> >> View the web page in Private Mode. When you need to force a refresh,
> >> close the tab and open a new one in Private Mode to see your changes.
> >
> > That will require me to relog into the web site. Argh.

> ...but does it work?

Yes, but slower than killing Safari which I will probably have to use
to test. :/