[News] [Linux] Infamous Anti-Linux Blogger Suddently Likes Linux

Edubuntu update - still rocking

,----[ Quote ]
| So what's the verdict?  Seat of the pants testing suggests that
| performance of the thin client network isn't quite on par with
| Microsoft Terminal Services (I have an identical test server
| running Windows Server 2003) or Citrix systems.  However, for
| the majority of home, school, and SOHO applications, Edubuntu
| represents an incredible value and brilliantly easy setup.
| Performance issues aside, setup is quite a ways ahead of that
| offered by Microsoft and Citrix and certainly more accessible
| for the average user.  This is a really mature release and I
| can't wait to see what is offered by the 7.10 release slated
| for this fall.
`----

http://education.zdnet.com/?p=1049

He has a long history of bash Linux and attracting flames, mind you.
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> http://education.zdnet.com/?p=1049
>
> He has a long history of bash Linux and attracting flames, mind you.

I mentioned ZDNET before, and yes, I too am amazed that they seemed to do a
180 on Linux!

Guess IBM must be buying some 4-color fold outs in their magazines...

0
jabailo (8241)