Best KDE distro

I know it depends on tastes and the like but I want to look at one of the
better KDE distros... so which do YOU think does it best?

I was going to go with Mint KDE but KDE is not their focus and I want to
give KDE the best chance to impress me.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them

0
Snit

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 11:13:09 -0700, Snit wrote:

> I know it depends on tastes and the like but I want to look at one of the
> better KDE distros... so which do YOU think does it best?
>
> I was going to go with Mint KDE but KDE is not their focus and I want to
> give KDE the best chance to impress me.

Maui Linux.

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
"flatfish+++" <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 11:13:09 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> I know it depends on tastes and the like but I want to look at one of the
>> better KDE distros... so which do YOU think does it best?
>>
>> I was going to go with Mint KDE but KDE is not their focus and I want to
>> give KDE the best chance to impress me.
>
> Maui Linux.

Thank you. Have never used it but their site fits my main focus... claiming
it is "Fast and easy to use, yet powerful for computer users of all
levels,..."

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/20/2016 6:53:40 PM
On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 11:53:40 -0700, Snit wrote:

> On 12/20/16, 11:33 AM, in article ebtbrlFdhceU1@mid.individual.net,
> "flatfish+++" <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 11:13:09 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> I know it depends on tastes and the like but I want to look at one of the
>>> better KDE distros... so which do YOU think does it best?
>>>
>>> I was going to go with Mint KDE but KDE is not their focus and I want to
>>> give KDE the best chance to impress me.
>>
>> Maui Linux.
>
> Thank you. Have never used it but their site fits my main focus... claiming
> it is "Fast and easy to use, yet powerful for computer users of all
> levels,..."

It also looks gorgeous right out of the box especially compared to the
drab look of LinuxMint.
--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
"flatfish+++" <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 11:53:40 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> On 12/20/16, 11:33 AM, in article ebtbrlFdhceU1@mid.individual.net,

>>> Maui Linux.
>>
>> Thank you. Have never used it but their site fits my main focus... claiming
>> it is "Fast and easy to use, yet powerful for computer users of all
>> levels,..."
>
> It also looks gorgeous right out of the box especially compared to the
> drab look of LinuxMint.

Just downloaded... will install over the next couple of days.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/20/2016 7:04:32 PM
On 12/20/16, 11:55 AM, in article ebtd4mFdr10U1@mid.individual.net,
"flatfish+++" <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 11:53:40 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> On 12/20/16, 11:33 AM, in article ebtbrlFdhceU1@mid.individual.net,

>>> Maui Linux.
>>
>> Thank you. Have never used it but their site fits my main focus... claiming
>> it is "Fast and easy to use, yet powerful for computer users of all
>> levels,..."
>
> It also looks gorgeous right out of the box especially compared to the
> drab look of LinuxMint.

Just opened. Not my cup of tea in terms of look... but that is personal
preference. Bigger issue is there nothing really bad about it jumping out in
five minutes of use. Yes, it has the "Quit" vs. "Exit" issue folks like RonB
have glommed onto but that is to be expected in the Linux ecosystem. Also,
as expected, some of the default window sizes cut things off in odd ways,
but even that is a LOT less than what I have seen in the past, and the
results FAR less problematic.

Only real issue I have with it so far is when you go to apps and click on
Office you see:

    LibreOffice  LibreOffice...  LibreOffice...  LibreOffice...
    LibreOffice... Okular

That is a bit broken (and there are other examples of names being cut off)
but, really, for what I have come to expect of KDE it surprisingly good.

It *does* pass my simple "create a few files and folders on the desktop and
see if it acts reasonable" test. Good to see. Heck, you can even drag
something to the trash and out again and edit it without an IT degree. :)

Seriously, while the "LibreOffice..." issue is a bit silly I am very
surprised, and pleasantly so, at how well much KDE seems to have matured. Or
at least on Maui.

Even things like removing the menu, which is easy, can be easily UNdone...
which is important. It also does not allow you to shrink the window to the
point where the menu wraps around... which was always sorta silly to do
(though Firefox just has the menus go off screen!). Better still: it has the
window-snap feature of GNOME and cousins (and now macOS) which make window
management easier. Not having it surely would not be that bad, but it shows
they are focusing on details.

Hmmm, just tested Dolphin tabs. Still not very mature... seems an odd thing
to leave half-done especially when so much else has been improved. I have
been using an environment that has been making great use of tabs, even in
things like word processors, so maybe I am just spoiled with that?
Certainly not a deal breaker.

Thanks for the suggestion... and it is very good to see KDE finally start to
mature.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/20/2016 9:15:24 PM
On 2016-12-20 1:13 PM, Snit wrote:
> I know it depends on tastes and the like but I want to look at one of the
> better KDE distros... so which do YOU think does it best?
>
> I was going to go with Mint KDE but KDE is not their focus and I want to
> give KDE the best chance to impress me.

Impressing you is the main reason KDE developers go to work every day.

--
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7

Proud bigot.
0
Silver
12/20/2016 9:26:05 PM
On 12/20/16, 2:26 PM, in article o3c7im$rbl$3@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer"
<.m@nsn.s> wrote:

> On 2016-12-20 1:13 PM, Snit wrote:
>> I know it depends on tastes and the like but I want to look at one of the
>> better KDE distros... so which do YOU think does it best?
>>
>> I was going to go with Mint KDE but KDE is not their focus and I want to
>> give KDE the best chance to impress me.
>
> Impressing you is the main reason KDE developers go to work every day.

What I push for is usability... and they have made GREAT strides there. They
should be commended.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/20/2016 9:32:52 PM
On 2016-12-20 4:32 PM, Snit wrote:
> On 12/20/16, 2:26 PM, in article o3c7im$rbl$3@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer"
> <.m@nsn.s> wrote:
>
>> On 2016-12-20 1:13 PM, Snit wrote:
>>> I know it depends on tastes and the like but I want to look at one of the
>>> better KDE distros... so which do YOU think does it best?
>>>
>>> I was going to go with Mint KDE but KDE is not their focus and I want to
>>> give KDE the best chance to impress me.
>>
>> Impressing you is the main reason KDE developers go to work every day.
>
> What I push for is usability... and they have made GREAT strides there. They
> should be commended.

No commendation is greater than that which comes from you.

Seriously, contact the KDE developers and tell them how you feel. The
joy of knowing that Snit Michael Glasser Prescott Computer Guy
appreciates their work will prompt them to print out the e-mail, frame
it and put it in the most noticeable area of their living room. They'll
take down pictures of their kids and family if they have to.

--
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7
Gab.ai: @silverslimer

Proud bigot.
0
Silver
12/20/2016 9:45:18 PM
On 12/20/16, 2:45 PM, in article o3c8mn$uq9$3@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer"
<.m@nsn.s> wrote:

> On 2016-12-20 4:32 PM, Snit wrote:
>> On 12/20/16, 2:26 PM, in article o3c7im$rbl$3@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer"
>> <.m@nsn.s> wrote:

>>> Impressing you is the main reason KDE developers go to work every day.
>>
>> What I push for is usability... and they have made GREAT strides there. They
>> should be commended.
>
> No commendation is greater than that which comes from you.

Thank you. I am sure there is no sarcasm from you at all on that. :)

> Seriously, contact the KDE developers and tell them how you feel.

I likely will.

> The joy of knowing that Snit Michael Glasser Prescott Computer Guy appreciates
> their work will prompt them to print out the e-mail, frame it and put it in
> the most noticeable area of their living room. They'll take down pictures of
> their kids and family if they have to.

They SHOULD care what users think... and now, it seems, they are actually
beginning to really focus on it. Excellent to see.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/20/2016 9:57:28 PM
On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 16:26:05 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:

> On 2016-12-20 1:13 PM, Snit wrote:
>> I know it depends on tastes and the like but I want to look at one of
>> the better KDE distros... so which do YOU think does it best?
>>
>> I was going to go with Mint KDE but KDE is not their focus and I want
>> to give KDE the best chance to impress me.
>
> Impressing you is the main reason KDE developers go to work every day.

I guess "Snit" is so used to talking to himself via his multitude of nyms,
that's he's forgotten that there's a whole non-"Snit" world out there.

--
Testing Linux Mint KDE 18
0
On 12/20/2016 01:13 PM, Snit wrote:
> I know it depends on tastes and the like but I want to look at one of the
> better KDE distros... so which do YOU think does it best?
>
> I was going to go with Mint KDE but KDE is not their focus and I want to
> give KDE the best chance to impress me.

The Fedora KDE spin was pretty good.

--
Strongly advocating nuclear holocaust
0
<ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 16:26:05 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:
>
>> On 2016-12-20 1:13 PM, Snit wrote:
>>> I know it depends on tastes and the like but I want to look at one of
>>> the better KDE distros... so which do YOU think does it best?
>>>
>>> I was going to go with Mint KDE but KDE is not their focus and I want
>>> to give KDE the best chance to impress me.
>>
>> Impressing you is the main reason KDE developers go to work every day.
>
> I guess "Snit" is so used to talking to himself via his multitude of nyms,
> that's he's forgotten that there's a whole non-"Snit" world out there.

See: this is the type nonsense lies which show you are incapable of having a
reasoned conversation. You care about insults. It is weird.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/21/2016 1:46:52 AM
On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 6:36:16 PM UTC-7, RonB wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 16:26:05 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:
>
> > On 2016-12-20 1:13 PM, Snit wrote:
> >> I know it depends on tastes and the like but I want to look at one of
> >> the better KDE distros... so which do YOU think does it best?
> >>
> >> I was going to go with Mint KDE but KDE is not their focus and I want
> >> to give KDE the best chance to impress me.
> >
> > Impressing you is the main reason KDE developers go to work every day.
>
> I guess "Snit" is so used to talking to himself via his multitude of nyms,
> that's he's forgotten that there's a whole non-"Snit" world out there.

On his best day Snit couldn't distance himself enough from his narcissism to recognize that world.
0
Steve
12/21/2016 1:58:57 AM
On 12/20/16, 6:40 PM, in article o3cmgf$g9f$2@dont-email.me, "Kaiser"
<kaiser@teknik.io> wrote:

> On 12/20/2016 01:13 PM, Snit wrote:
>> I know it depends on tastes and the like but I want to look at one of the
>> better KDE distros... so which do YOU think does it best?
>>
>> I was going to go with Mint KDE but KDE is not their focus and I want to
>> give KDE the best chance to impress me.
>
> The Fedora KDE spin was pretty good.

Thank you... I will look into it.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/21/2016 2:52:15 AM
flatfish+++ wrote:

> Maui Linux.

Maui is a great distro. The whole thing with Netrunner and Maui being
separate yet the same is a bit confusing, though. :)

If you want a rolling release, Manjaro KDE is pretty damned good, too.
0
Tattoo
12/21/2016 12:01:27 PM
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 07:01:27 -0500, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> Maui Linux.
>
> Maui is a great distro. The whole thing with Netrunner and Maui being
> separate yet the same is a bit confusing, though. :)
>
> If you want a rolling release, Manjaro KDE is pretty damned good, too.

Thanks.
I didn't realize Maui was related to Netrunner.
It's obvious the developer put a lot of work into Maui to give a good
first impression because the look of it is stunning IMHO.
The colors are vibrant and it jumps right out at the user.
I like that because it shows attention to detail.

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
On 2016-12-20 8:34 PM, RonB wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 16:26:05 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:
>
>> On 2016-12-20 1:13 PM, Snit wrote:
>>> I know it depends on tastes and the like but I want to look at one of
>>> the better KDE distros... so which do YOU think does it best?
>>>
>>> I was going to go with Mint KDE but KDE is not their focus and I want
>>> to give KDE the best chance to impress me.
>>
>> Impressing you is the main reason KDE developers go to work every day.
>
> I guess "Snit" is so used to talking to himself via his multitude of nyms,
> that's he's forgotten that there's a whole non-"Snit" world out there.

Ever see the Matrix Revolutions? Remember that scene where the audience
realizes that Agent Smith took over every human in the Matrix and made
carbon copies of himself so only he and Neo remain? Snot Glasser is like
Agent Smith except that instead of having the ability to fight in any
martial art and make copies of himself, his only superpower is to annoy
every individual on Earth by being himself.

--
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7
Gab.ai: @silverslimer

Proud bigot.
0
Silver
12/21/2016 4:42:39 PM
On 12/21/16, 9:42 AM, in article o3ebb7$6i3$2@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer"
<.m@nsn.s> wrote:

> On 2016-12-20 8:34 PM, RonB wrote:

>>> Impressing you is the main reason KDE developers go to work every day.
>>
>> I guess "Snit" is so used to talking to himself via his multitude of nyms,
>> that's he's forgotten that there's a whole non-"Snit" world out there.
>
> Ever see the Matrix Revolutions? Remember that scene where the audience
> realizes that Agent Smith took over every human in the Matrix and made
> carbon copies of himself so only he and Neo remain? Snot Glasser is like
> Agent Smith except that instead of having the ability to fight in any
> martial art and make copies of himself, his only superpower is to annoy
> every individual on Earth by being himself.

See: you just lash out. I asked you to back some accusations, you failed, so
now you just lash out like a child.

Predictable.

But, remember, Jan. 1 you get a new chance. Again.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/21/2016 4:46:21 PM
On 12/21/16, 5:01 AM, in article
12ni1ov4npc58.dlg@tattoovampire.eternal-september.org, "Tattoo Vampire"
<sitting@this.computer> wrote:

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> Maui Linux.
>
> Maui is a great distro. The whole thing with Netrunner and Maui being
> separate yet the same is a bit confusing, though. :)
>
> If you want a rolling release, Manjaro KDE is pretty damned good, too.

Thanks. The next one I will look at is Fedora, but will get to Manjaro, too.

Was VERY impressed with Maui... was truly blown away by how much KDE has
changed and improved... or maybe it is just the settings they use? I tend to
look at the distros as which I would recommend... so I make few changes.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/21/2016 7:20:43 PM
On 2016-12-21, Silver Slimer <> wrote:
> Ever see the Matrix Revolutions? Remember that scene where the audience
> realizes that Agent Smith took over every human in the Matrix and made
> carbon copies of himself so only he and Neo remain? Snot Glasser is like
> Agent Smith except that instead of having the ability to fight in any
> martial art and make copies of himself, his only superpower is to annoy
> every individual on Earth by being himself.

+1

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/21/2016 7:45:20 PM
> slime wrote:
>>
>> Ever see the Matrix Revolutions? Remember that scene where the audience
>> realizes that Agent Smith took over every human in the Matrix and made
>> carbon copies of himself so only he and Neo remain? Snot Glasser is like
>> Agent Smith except that instead of having the ability to fight in any
>> martial art and make copies of himself, his only superpower is to annoy
>> every individual on Earth by being himself.

Slime sure likes talking about that thing.  One wonders how many
*hundreds* of these "clever" little "Snit" put-downs he has posted in
here.

Obsessed!

--
"We might not know each other directly but I personally would have
liked to have Snit as a real friend."  -  "Slimer"
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 14:02:24 -0600, chrisv wrote:

>> slime wrote:
>>>
>>> Ever see the Matrix Revolutions? Remember that scene where the audience
>>> realizes that Agent Smith took over every human in the Matrix and made
>>> carbon copies of himself so only he and Neo remain? Snot Glasser is like
>>> Agent Smith except that instead of having the ability to fight in any
>>> martial art and make copies of himself, his only superpower is to annoy
>>> every individual on Earth by being himself.
>
> Slime sure likes talking about that thing.  One wonders how many
> *hundreds* of these "clever" little "Snit" put-downs he has posted in
> here.

And all you talk about is filters, kill files and the people you have
supposedly kill filed.

I know you are reading the messages anyway so you can see that there
is actually some decent conversation about Linux going on.
Seeing as I don't believe you run Linux it probably wouldn't interest
you anyway but I thought I would clue you in.

> Obsessed!

Yes you are.
Mostly with commenting about people you claim to have kill filed.

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
"chrisv" <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>> slime wrote:
>>>
>>> Ever see the Matrix Revolutions? Remember that scene where the audience
>>> realizes that Agent Smith took over every human in the Matrix and made
>>> carbon copies of himself so only he and Neo remain? Snot Glasser is like
>>> Agent Smith except that instead of having the ability to fight in any
>>> martial art and make copies of himself, his only superpower is to annoy
>>> every individual on Earth by being himself.
>
> Slime sure likes talking about that thing.  One wonders how many
> *hundreds* of these "clever" little "Snit" put-downs he has posted in
> here.
>
> Obsessed!

He likes to make up stories about me because it helps him feel better about
himself.

If he had a real issue with me he would speak of my actual comments. And not
just his meta-debate nonsense.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/21/2016 8:17:28 PM
On 12/21/16, 1:07 PM, in article ec05nqF3r42U1@mid.individual.net,
"flatfish+++" <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>> Slime sure likes talking about that thing.  One wonders how many
>> *hundreds* of these "clever" little "Snit" put-downs he has posted in
>> here.
>
> And all you talk about is filters, kill files and the people you have
> supposedly kill filed.
>
> I know you are reading the messages anyway so you can see that there
> is actually some decent conversation about Linux going on.
> Seeing as I don't believe you run Linux it probably wouldn't interest
> you anyway but I thought I would clue you in.
>
>> Obsessed!
>
> Yes you are.
> Mostly with commenting about people you claim to have kill filed.

Who can keep track of who has said they have killed filed whom? And why
would you want to when clearly people often are just babbling about such
stuff and do not mean it. Look at Marek and Slimer... they claimed to KF me
just because they backed themselves into corners. Did they really? Who
cares.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/21/2016 10:28:58 PM
On 12/21/16, 12:45 PM, in article
S9adnUvuR5BNRsfFnZ2dnUU7-Q2dnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2016-12-21, Silver Slimer <> wrote:
>> Ever see the Matrix Revolutions? Remember that scene where the audience
>> realizes that Agent Smith took over every human in the Matrix and made
>> carbon copies of himself so only he and Neo remain? Snot Glasser is like
>> Agent Smith except that instead of having the ability to fight in any
>> martial art and make copies of himself, his only superpower is to annoy
>> every individual on Earth by being himself.
>
> +1

The questions that got Marek to run away:

1) Do you admit my tasks were generally easy (and you stated so)?

2) Do you admit you worked on one (the animated bar graph)?

3) Do you deny you failed to offer a completed example of the task?

4) Do you deny you brought up your VPN bas script?

5) Do you deny I failed to replicate it or its functionality?

6) Did you ever say it would fail on macOS (I do not think you did!)

7) Do you deny you started your script a months before the challenge?

8) Do you deny you posted it publicly and got feedback?

9) Do you deny you spoke of the Mac community failing your task?

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/21/2016 11:03:09 PM
flatfish+++ wrote:

> Thanks.
> I didn't realize Maui was related to Netrunner.
> It's obvious the developer put a lot of work into Maui to give a good
> first impression because the look of it is stunning IMHO.
> The colors are vibrant and it jumps right out at the user.
> I like that because it shows attention to detail.

If you're using a desktop it might as well be a visually pleasing
experience. Netrunner and Maui are just gorgeous and everything just "hangs
together" quite well.

Not to pimp Manjaro again, but their KDE version is getting really close to
Maui and Netrunner. Plasma 5 as a whole is the best KDE environment they've
ever released.
0
Tattoo
12/22/2016 1:22:32 AM
On 12/21/16, 6:22 PM, in article
18b0028kh8r4z$.dlg@tattoovampire.eternal-september.org, "Tattoo Vampire"
<sitting@this.computer> wrote:

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> Thanks.
>> I didn't realize Maui was related to Netrunner.
>> It's obvious the developer put a lot of work into Maui to give a good
>> first impression because the look of it is stunning IMHO.
>> The colors are vibrant and it jumps right out at the user.
>> I like that because it shows attention to detail.
>
> If you're using a desktop it might as well be a visually pleasing
> experience. Netrunner and Maui are just gorgeous and everything just "hangs
> together" quite well.

Tried Maui... was unbelievably impressed. Really... could not believe how
much KDE has improved.

> Not to pimp Manjaro again, but their KDE version is getting really close to
> Maui and Netrunner. Plasma 5 as a whole is the best KDE environment they've
> ever released.

I cannot believe how much it has improved. Had I not seen it with my own
eyes, I admit, I never would have believed it.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 1:52:27 AM
On 12/21/16 13:07, flatfish+++ wrote:

>> Slime sure likes talking about that thing.  One wonders how many
>> *hundreds* of these "clever" little "Snit" put-downs he has posted in
>> here.
>
> And all you talk about is filters, kill files and the people you have
> supposedly kill filed.
>
> I know you are reading the messages anyway so you can see that there
> is actually some decent conversation about Linux going on.
> Seeing as I don't believe you run Linux it probably wouldn't interest
> you anyway but I thought I would clue you in.
>
>> Obsessed!
>
> Yes you are.
> Mostly with commenting about people you claim to have kill filed.

Turdv also suscribes to windows 10 newsgroup.  I wonder why?

0
GreyCloud
12/22/2016 7:04:47 PM
On 2016-12-22, GreyCloud <mist@cumulus.com> wrote:

>>> Slime sure likes talking about that thing.  One wonders how many
>>> *hundreds* of these "clever" little "Snit" put-downs he has posted in
>>> here.
>>
>> And all you talk about is filters, kill files and the people you have
>> supposedly kill filed.
>>
>> I know you are reading the messages anyway so you can see that there
>> is actually some decent conversation about Linux going on.
>> Seeing as I don't believe you run Linux it probably wouldn't interest
>> you anyway but I thought I would clue you in.
>>
>>> Obsessed!
>>
>> Yes you are.
>> Mostly with commenting about people you claim to have kill filed.
>>
> Chrisv also suscribes to windows 10 newsgroup.  I wonder why?

I wanted to learn PowerShell at one point. If I ever pick it up again
you'll see me there. I used to have a subscription to Microsoft's Visual
Studio. I still like Visio.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 8:01:27 PM
> some piece of shit wrote:
>>
>> Chrisv also suscribes to windows 10 newsgroup.

Yet another "GreyCloud" bald-faced lie.  Documented.

>> I wonder why?

I wonder if anyone is stupid-enough to believe anything claimed by a
shameless liar, like you.

--
"But will you discuss with Chrisv why he is so intolerant of other
oses?"  -  some POS that calls itself "GreyCloud", lying shamelessly
>> mentally-ill troll wrote:

>>> And all you talk about is filters, kill files and the people you have
>>> supposedly kill filed.
>>>
>>> I know you are reading the messages anyway

Yet another "flatfish" bald-faced lie.  Documented.

>>> Yes you are.
>>> Mostly with commenting about people you claim to have kill filed.

Better than attacking decent, honest people with *lies*, like you do,
you fscked-in-the-head asshole.

--
"they despise successful people."  -  "flatfish", lying shamelessly
0
On 12/22/16 13:01, Marek Novotny wrote:
> On 2016-12-22, GreyCloud<mist@cumulus.com>  wrote:

>>> And all you talk about is filters, kill files and the people you have
>>> supposedly kill filed.
>>>
>>> I know you are reading the messages anyway so you can see that there
>>> is actually some decent conversation about Linux going on.
>>> Seeing as I don't believe you run Linux it probably wouldn't interest
>>> you anyway but I thought I would clue you in.

>>> Yes you are.
>>> Mostly with commenting about people you claim to have kill filed.
>>>
>> Chrisv also suscribes to windows 10 newsgroup.  I wonder why?
>
> I wanted to learn PowerShell at one point. If I ever pick it up again
> you'll see me there. I used to have a subscription to Microsoft's Visual
> Studio. I still like Visio.

I heard that MS opened up Power Shell for people to look at and make
changes.  That ought to be interesting.

0
GreyCloud
12/23/2016 9:13:42 PM
On 12/22/16 13:27, chrisv wrote:
>> some piece of shit wrote:
>>>
>>> Chrisv also suscribes to windows 10 newsgroup.
>
> Yet another "GreyCloud" bald-faced lie.  Documented.
>
>>> I wonder why?
>
> I wonder if anyone is stupid-enough to believe anything claimed by a
> shameless liar, like you.

Too bad it is true about you, ya commie.

0
GreyCloud
12/23/2016 9:14:09 PM
On 12/23/16 09:53, chrisv wrote:

> Yet another "flatfish" bald-faced lie.  Documented.

> Better than attacking decent, honest people with *lies*, like you do,
> you fscked-in-the-head asshole.

Did anyone ever tell you that you are *POS*?

Guffaw!!!

0
GreyCloud
12/23/2016 9:14:39 PM
GreyCloud wrote:

> On 12/22/16 13:01, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> Chrisv also suscribes to windows 10 newsgroup.  I wonder why?
>>
>> I wanted to learn PowerShell at one point. If I ever pick it up again
>> you'll see me there. I used to have a subscription to Microsoft's Visual
>> Studio. I still like Visio.
>>

> I heard that MS opened up Power Shell for people to look at and make
> changes.  That ought to be interesting.

Not really. Lots of stuff is still missing in the linux version. Most of the
really interesting things are not yet present
0
Peter
12/23/2016 9:44:08 PM
On 2016-12-23, GreyCloud <mist@cumulus.com> wrote:
> On 12/22/16 13:01, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> Chrisv also suscribes to windows 10 newsgroup.  I wonder why?
>>
>> I wanted to learn PowerShell at one point. If I ever pick it up again
>> you'll see me there. I used to have a subscription to Microsoft's Visual
>> Studio. I still like Visio.
>>

> I heard that MS opened up Power Shell for people to look at and make
> changes.  That ought to be interesting.

I like bash. It seems way more straight forward. UNIX seems so
approachable. It's logical. Windows feels like this mess that someone
kept adding to and making it more and more of a disaster. I think it's
popularity will come to an end. I just feel like Linux and UNIX in
general make a lot more sense.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/23/2016 11:59:14 PM
On 12/23/16, 4:59 PM, in article
lvOdnfRCxf7PJ8DFnZ2dnUU7-YnNnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:

>>> I wanted to learn PowerShell at one point. If I ever pick it up again
>>> you'll see me there. I used to have a subscription to Microsoft's Visual
>>> Studio. I still like Visio.
>>>

>> I heard that MS opened up Power Shell for people to look at and make
>> changes.  That ought to be interesting.
>
> I like bash. It seems way more straight forward. UNIX seems so
> approachable. It's logical. Windows feels like this mess that someone
> kept adding to and making it more and more of a disaster. I think it's
> popularity will come to an end. I just feel like Linux and UNIX in
> general make a lot more sense.

When do you think Windows popularity will come to an end... say as measured
by having less than 50% desktop market share?

--
"But I have never, ever even run a Linux server and I don't even want
to; it's not what I'm interested in. I'm more of a desktop guy."

0
Snit
12/24/2016 12:10:44 AM
On 12/23/16 16:59, Marek Novotny wrote:
> On 2016-12-23, GreyCloud<mist@cumulus.com>  wrote:

>>> I wanted to learn PowerShell at one point. If I ever pick it up again
>>> you'll see me there. I used to have a subscription to Microsoft's Visual
>>> Studio. I still like Visio.
>>>

>> I heard that MS opened up Power Shell for people to look at and make
>> changes.  That ought to be interesting.
>
> I like bash. It seems way more straight forward. UNIX seems so
> approachable. It's logical. Windows feels like this mess that someone
> kept adding to and making it more and more of a disaster. I think it's
> popularity will come to an end. I just feel like Linux and UNIX in
> general make a lot more sense.

It has for a long time.  I've noticed that each expensive operating
system from vendors like Prime, DEC, IBM, and others utilize their own
concept of how the user interacts with the computer.  Of course most of
those are pretty much dead except for IBM.

0
GreyCloud
12/24/2016 6:56:34 PM
On 2016-12-24, GreyCloud <mist@cumulus.com> wrote:
> On 12/23/16 16:59, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> I heard that MS opened up Power Shell for people to look at and make
>>> changes.  That ought to be interesting.
>>
>> I like bash. It seems way more straight forward. UNIX seems so
>> approachable. It's logical. Windows feels like this mess that someone
>> kept adding to and making it more and more of a disaster. I think it's
>> popularity will come to an end. I just feel like Linux and UNIX in
>> general make a lot more sense.
>>

> It has for a long time.  I've noticed that each expensive operating
> system from vendors like Prime, DEC, IBM, and others utilize their own
> concept of how the user interacts with the computer.  Of course most of
> those are pretty much dead except for IBM.

I ran into this yesterday.

https://youtu.be/cucLQF3TqOg

It's a complete tear down of a Sun M5000 server. In 1999 I was dying to
work on the EA10k. Now I find this and he's just tearing it down for
junk. I was on ebay yesterday and it looks like I can buy one of these
for under $1000. And I am looking at the memory and processors and I am
thinking, perhaps my Dell Precision laptop is more powerful. LOL.

I kind of want one of these just to screw around with. Just worried
about how much power and noise it will consume and produce.