digital spectre haunting Reuters

Are we sitting comfortable. Then I shall begin. Today children we're
going to play the `spot the BS' game ..
------

- quote -
digital worm called Kelvir had penetrated Reuters Messaging system

NEWS - Geek A digital worm called Kelvir had penetrated Reuters
Messaging system

Kelvir is one of the three most widely detected IM viruses in corporate
sites, according to IMLogic, which recently released a report stating
IM attacks are up more than 250% over last year.

http://www.grabageek.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=400

Reuters Squashes Worm, Restores IM

 "The majority of Reuters customers run proper compliance, firewall and
anti-virus protection and were therefore not infected,"

http://www.obviousnews.com/breakingnews/stories/obviousnews-558700.html

`Reuters PLC had suspended the messaging service early Thursday after a
"handful" of Reuters Messaging customers began reporting infections
from the worm ..'

`Reuters said that the majority of its users stayed clear of the worm,
though it did not provide an exact count of the number infected ..'

"The Kelvir worm attacked only version 3.1 client of Reuters, not
version 4.0. Large customers, who had mostly upgraded, were okay."

http://www.wstonline.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=160901619
- unquote -

my title is better .. :)
Quick fill the blog with garbage so as to distract from this one .. :)

0
doug.mentohl (579)

Daeron wrote:
> Are we sitting comfortable. Then I shall begin. Today children we're
> going to play the `spot the BS' game ..
> ------
>
> - quote -
> digital worm called Kelvir had penetrated Reuters Messaging system
>
> NEWS - Geek A digital worm called Kelvir had penetrated Reuters
> Messaging system
>
> Kelvir is one of the three most widely detected IM viruses in
corporate
> sites, according to IMLogic, which recently released a report stating
> IM attacks are up more than 250% over last year.
>
> http://www.grabageek.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=400
>

> Reuters Squashes Worm, Restores IM
>
>  "The majority of Reuters customers run proper compliance, firewall
and
> anti-virus protection and were therefore not infected,"

http://www.obviousnews.com/breakingnews/stories/obviousnews-558700.html

> `Reuters PLC had suspended the messaging service early Thursday after
> "handful" of Reuters Messaging customers began reporting infections
> from the worm ..'
>
> `Reuters said that the majority of its users stayed clear of the
worm,
> though it did not provide an exact count of the number infected ..'

> "The Kelvir worm attacked only version 3.1 client of Reuters, not
> version 4.0. Large customers, who had mostly upgraded, were okay."
>
> http://www.wstonline.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=160901619
> - unquote -
>
> my title is better .. :)
> Quick fill the blog with garbage so as to distract from this one ..
:)

I'm sick of your lies Daeron.  Stop posting your drivel.

DrSquare : Linux Advocate (In Retirement)

on 16 Apr 2005 23:36:33  "DrSquare", "Mike Cox" , "Milo T" wrote:

> Daeron wrote:

>>  "The majority of Reuters customers run proper
>> compliance, firewall and anti-virus protection
>> and were therefore not infected,"

>> .. a "handful" of Reuters Messaging customers
>>  began reporting infections from the worm ..'

>> `Reuters said that the majority of its users
>> stayed clear of the worm, though it did not
>> provide an exact count of the number infected ..'

>> "The Kelvir worm attacked only version 3.1 client
>> of Reuters, not version 4.0. Large customers,
>> who had mostly upgraded, were okay."

> I'm sick of your lies Daeron.  Stop posting your drivel.

In the context of the above quotes, what lies are *you* accusing *me*
of ?

Now now SImeon, you *did* promise me you wouldn't be posting to COLA
again !!! And I promised I wouldn't post on your blog. Harassing me
under numerous nymaliases constitutes breech of promise. As such I
consider our agreement null and void.

You post hundreds of off topic abuse to a Linux users group using
multiple aliases. By any definition of the word that is abuse.

- quote -

 you agree that when using a Group, you will not:

 * Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the
legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.

*.. upload .. any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or
unlawful material or information.

* Impersonate another person or entity ..

* Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the
Groups.
- unquote -

http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/posting_terms.html

By the way, how's the weather in Romania ;)

0
doug.mentohl (579)
4/17/2005 8:02:26 PM
On 17 Apr 2005 13:02:26 -0700, Daeron wrote:

> on 16 Apr 2005 23:36:33  "DrSquare", "Mike Cox" , "Milo T" wrote:
>
>> Daeron wrote:
>
>>>  "The majority of Reuters customers run proper
>>> compliance, firewall and anti-virus protection
>>> and were therefore not infected,"
>
>>> .. a "handful" of Reuters Messaging customers
>>>  began reporting infections from the worm ..'
>
>>> `Reuters said that the majority of its users
>>> stayed clear of the worm, though it did not
>>> provide an exact count of the number infected ..'
>
>>> "The Kelvir worm attacked only version 3.1 client
>>> of Reuters, not version 4.0. Large customers,
>>> who had mostly upgraded, were okay."
>
>> I'm sick of your lies Daeron.  Stop posting your drivel.
>
> In the context of the above quotes, what lies are *you* accusing *me*
> of ?
>
> Now now SImeon, you *did* promise me you wouldn't be posting to COLA
> again !!! And I promised I wouldn't post on your blog. Harassing me
> under numerous nymaliases constitutes breech of promise. As such I
> consider our agreement null and void.
>
> You post hundreds of off topic abuse to a Linux users group using
> multiple aliases. By any definition of the word that is abuse.
>
> - quote -
>
>  you agree that when using a Group, you will not:
>
>  * Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the
> legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
>
> *.. upload .. any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or
> unlawful material or information.
>
> * Impersonate another person or entity ..
>
> * Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the
> Groups.
> - unquote -
>
> http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/posting_terms.html
>
> By the way, how's the weather in Romania ;)

Just for the record, Doug, I've not posted in this newsgroup in 6 months. I
don't know who you think I've been posting as, but I've not been posting
here, period.

I'm not going to get into a debate on this, but I felt that it was
important to let you know this - I don't intend to post in this newsgroup
any more - I have much better things to do, and it's just not worth the
aggro.

So please, don't try fingering me in any of your witchhunts. It's bad
enough that someone is trying to post as my old "Milo" alias, and is using
my name as part of their email address.

If you want to continue this discussion, feel free to email me.
Simon Cooke wrote:

> enough that someone is trying to post as my old "Milo" alias, and is using
> my name as part of their email address.

Wait a minute.

You're peeved because someone is using a pseudonym that you made up and
would not admit to being you in the first place?
Simon Cooke wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2005 13:02:26 -0700, Daeron wrote:
>
> > on 16 Apr 2005 23:36:33  "DrSquare", "Mike Cox" , "Milo T" wrote:

> >> I'm sick of your lies Daeron.  Stop posting your drivel.
> >
> > In the context of the above quotes, what lies are *you* accusing
*me*
> > of ?
> >
> > Now now SImeon, you *did* promise me you wouldn't be posting to
COLA
> > again !!! And I promised I wouldn't post on your blog. Harassing me
> > under numerous nymaliases constitutes breech of promise. As such I
> > consider our agreement null and void.
> >
> > You post hundreds of off topic abuse to a Linux users group using
> > multiple aliases. By any definition of the word that is abuse.
> >
> > - quote -
> >
> >  you agree that when using a Group, you will not:
> >
> >  * Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the
> > legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
> >
> > *.. upload .. any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene,
or
> > unlawful material or information.
> >
> > * Impersonate another person or entity ..
> >
> > * Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the
> > Groups.
> > - unquote -
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/posting_terms.html
> >
> > By the way, how's the weather in Romania ;)
>

> Just for the record, Doug, I've not posted in this newsgroup in 6
months. I
> don't know who you think I've been posting as, but I've not been
posting
> here, period.
>
> I'm not going to get into a debate on this, but I felt that it was
> important to let you know this - I don't intend to post in this
newsgroup
> any more - I have much better things to do, and it's just not worth
the
> aggro.
>
> So please, don't try fingering me in any of your witchhunts. It's bad
> enough that someone is trying to post as my old "Milo" alias, and is
using
> my name as part of their email address.
>
> If you want to continue this discussion, feel free to email me.

However, you do feel it is still necessary to stil view this group,
AND keep and eye on what Dearon is writing.  I find that interesting.

DrSquare: Linux Advocate (In Retirement)

begin  risky.vbs
	<8xiqzkpkaj1j.ajgok42ixwaw.dlg@40tude.net>,
	Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:

> Just for the record, Doug, I've not posted in this newsgroup in 6
> months. I don't know who you think I've been posting as, but I've
> not been posting here, period.

You sure about that Frogger?

What other nyms you been using Simon?
0
rgc4 (3198)
4/18/2005 10:54:47 AM
begin  virus.scr Roy Culley wrote:

> begin  risky.vbs
> <8xiqzkpkaj1j.ajgok42ixwaw.dlg@40tude.net>,
> Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:
>>
>> Just for the record, Doug, I've not posted in this newsgroup in 6
>> months. I don't know who you think I've been posting as, but I've
>> not been posting here, period.
>
> You sure about that Frogger?

> What other nyms you been using Simon?

I think it is just revealing how Simon lies again. Seems to be an inbred
trace of him, he just can't tell the truth

He is probably looking for dead relatives of posters
0
Peter.Koehlmann (13228)
4/18/2005 11:18:55 AM
Peter K=F6hlmann wrote:
> begin  virus.scr Roy Culley wrote:
>
> > begin  risky.vbs
> > <8xiqzkpkaj1j.ajgok42ixwaw.dlg@40tude.net>,
> > Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:
> >>
> >> Just for the record, Doug, I've not posted in this newsgroup in 6
> >> months. I don't know who you think I've been posting as, but I've
> >> not been posting here, period.
> >
> > You sure about that Frogger?

> > What other nyms you been using Simon?
>
> I think it is just revealing how Simon lies again. Seems to be an
inbred
> trace of him, he just can't tell the truth
>
> He is probably looking for dead relatives of posters

Amazingly, you and Roy have spotted the fool again.  It must
be clairvoyance. So I suppose he must be a liar then.

But, Dearon's comments was that he was accusing me of being
Simon.  I might have forged his Milo T name (about 3 times),
but that's about it.  Simon then popped up to defend himself,
as he is entitled to do so, but got caught up in his own lie.

I therefore say sorry to simon for getting him into so much
trouble on my account.

keep up the good work peter, we are all depending on you.

--
DrSquare: Linux Advocate (In Retirement)

0
drsquare3510 (109)
4/18/2005 11:51:41 AM
Hi  Nurse_Rotund  ( � K_Bot, Kolmann, Culley ),

Simon_Cooke amazes me, he's both a Linux expert and a Win_XP expert.
I wish he spent more time here... I could use his knowledge of MS_CPP.

Dearon and K_Bot apparently feel the same way,
as they instigate bizarre antics to draw him here.
The only problem is, once he's here, everyone treats him badly.

K_Bot's impersonation of me caused me to start reading Cola,
impersonations are certainly his/her best trick, much better than his bots.

0
me4 (19624)
4/18/2005 2:34:35 PM
begin  virus.scr Jeff_Relf wrote:

> Hi  Nurse_Rotund  ( � K_Bot, Kolmann, Culley ),
>
> Simon_Cooke amazes me, he's both a Linux expert and a Win_XP expert.

Hie is no linux expert. In fact, there are few people having less clue about
linux than him

> I wish he spent more time here... I could use his knowledge of MS_CPP.

This monstrous asshole would get lots of flak. All heartily deserved. There
is no poster hwo has ever posted in cola who has earned contmept as much as
Simon. Even Erik F, who is a swine in his right own way, is nearly
angel-like compared to Simon

> Dearon and K_Bot apparently feel the same way,
> as they instigate bizarre antics to draw him here.
> The only problem is, once he's here, everyone treats him badly.
>
> K_Bot's impersonation of me caused me to start reading Cola,
> impersonations are certainly his/her best trick, much better than his
> bots.

Oh get off it. You were drawn here by JBailo. Each time you are mostly
ignored with your idiotic C-Macro coding, he will try to entertain you as
much as possible

0
Peter.Koehlmann (13228)
4/18/2005 2:49:58 PM
Hi  Kohlmann,  Cooke is no asshole,
unlike yourself and others, he's a gentleman most of the time.
I suspect that he knows more about Linux than you do,
he certainly knows MS_CPP... which is, of course, my main interest.

Re:  My comment that K_Bot's impersonation of me
is what caused me to start reading Cola,

You told me: <<  Oh get off it.  You were drawn here by JBailo.  >>

I met Bailo in Seattle.General,
my crossposted replies to him is how K_Bot met me.
It was K_Bot's impersonation of me prompted me to first start reading Cola,
....to see what the hell was going on.

You concluded: <<
  Each time you are mostly ignored with your idiotic C-Macro coding,
  he will try to entertain you as much as possible.  >>

Right, Bailo is why I stay here, of course, not much else is going on.
Why do you keep track of all this Peter... nothing better to do ?

0
me4 (19624)
4/18/2005 3:18:36 PM
Simon Cooke wrote:

> Just for the record, Doug, I've not posted in this newsgroup in 6
months. I
> don't know who you think I've been posting as, but I've not been
posting
> here, since my period started.

Whatever, but that's not quite the truth is it Simon. Super
sleuths Roy and Peter sussed you out.   You have posted at least
ONCE, in the last 6 months.

> I'm not going to get into a debate on this, but I felt that it was
> important to let you know this - I don't intend to post in this
> newsgroup any more - I have no better things to do,
> and it's worth the aggro.

Come on Simon, we love your posts, and want to see more of you.

> So please, don't try fingering me up the arse. It's bad
> enough that someone is trying to post as my old "Milo" alias,
> and is using my name as part of their email address.

Ah, Ha Ha.  Yes, I did forge Milo T.  But no one believed for
a single moment it was you.

> If you want to suck my cock, you only have to email me.

No thanks!

--
DrSquare: Linux Advocate (In Retirement)

0
drsquare3510 (109)
4/18/2005 4:55:33 PM
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:54:47 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:

> begin  risky.vbs
> 	<8xiqzkpkaj1j.ajgok42ixwaw.dlg@40tude.net>,
> 	Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:
>>
>> Just for the record, Doug, I've not posted in this newsgroup in 6
>> months. I don't know who you think I've been posting as, but I've
>> not been posting here, period.
>
> You sure about that Frogger?

Look at the time stamp on that message, Roy. That was 6 months ago. If you
wish to discuss this further, take it to email.
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:18:55 +0200, Peter K�hlmann wrote:

> begin  virus.scr Roy Culley wrote:
>
>> begin  risky.vbs
>> <8xiqzkpkaj1j.ajgok42ixwaw.dlg@40tude.net>,
>> Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:
>>>
>>> Just for the record, Doug, I've not posted in this newsgroup in 6
>>> months. I don't know who you think I've been posting as, but I've
>>> not been posting here, period.
>>
>> You sure about that Frogger?

>> What other nyms you been using Simon?
>
> I think it is just revealing how Simon lies again. Seems to be an inbred
> trace of him, he just can't tell the truth
>
> He is probably looking for dead relatives of posters

I think it's more revealing that you seem to think that those posts weren't
6 months ago, when the timestamps are clear.

The only reason I'm posting here to defend myself now is because about a
month ago, Daeron (Doug Mentohl) posted harassing threats to my blog that
he would contact my employer regarding my posts to COLA. This is after I
hadn't posted on this newsgroup for over 4 months.

So when he claims that I've started posting here again, and that "the truce
is over", I have to come back here to point out that no, it's not me
posting.

If you want to discuss this further, take it to email.
begin  virus.scr Simon Cooke wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:54:47 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>
>> begin  risky.vbs
>> <8xiqzkpkaj1j.ajgok42ixwaw.dlg@40tude.net>,
>> Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:
>>>
>>> Just for the record, Doug, I've not posted in this newsgroup in 6
>>> months. I don't know who you think I've been posting as, but I've
>>> not been posting here, period.
>>
>> You sure about that Frogger?

> Look at the time stamp on that message, Roy. That was 6 months ago. If you
> wish to discuss this further, take it to email.

Bad math is another of your hallmarks, it seems, apart from being a swine
0
Peter.Koehlmann (13228)
4/18/2005 5:11:35 PM
begin  virus.scr Simon Cooke wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:18:55 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>> begin  virus.scr Roy Culley wrote:
>>
>>> begin  risky.vbs
>>> <8xiqzkpkaj1j.ajgok42ixwaw.dlg@40tude.net>,

>>> You sure about that Frogger?

>>> What other nyms you been using Simon?
>>
>> I think it is just revealing how Simon lies again. Seems to be an inbred
>> trace of him, he just can't tell the truth
>>
>> He is probably looking for dead relatives of posters
>
> I think it's more revealing that you seem to think that those posts
> weren't 6 months ago, when the timestamps are clear.

Yup, they are clear, Simon, less than *five* month have passed since then

> The only reason I'm posting here to defend myself now is because about a
> month ago, Daeron (Doug Mentohl) posted harassing threats to my blog that
> he would contact my employer regarding my posts to COLA. This is after I
> hadn't posted on this newsgroup for over 4 months.

Fine. Take it out with him then, and stay off this NG

> So when he claims that I've started posting here again, and that "the
> truce is over", I have to come back here to point out that no, it's not me
> posting.

You don't have to come back. And no, no matter what you post, it does not
really interest me, since you are by default wrong, asshole

> If you want to discuss this further, take it to email.

Nope. I certainly have no desire to exchange email with swine like you

0
Peter.Koehlmann (13228)
4/18/2005 5:29:10 PM
begin I want to join the begin club too Roy Culley said something, and I
ignored it:

[snip]

> You sure about that Frogger?

> What other nyms you been using Simon?

you and Peter seem to have *amazing* powers of deduction.  I don't know how
you do it.  Have your ever thought about joining the super sleuths club?

--
DrSquare: Linux Advocate (In Retirement)
You may email me if you want, but don't expect a nice

drsquare1 (47)
4/18/2005 7:09:39 PM
begin  virus.scr DrSquare (New and Improved) Ver. 1.1 wrote:

> begin I want to join the begin club too Roy Culley said something, and I
> ignored it:
>
> [snip]
>
>> You sure about that Frogger?

>> What other nyms you been using Simon?
>
> you and Peter seem to have *amazing* powers of deduction.  I don't know
> how you do it.

Good. Then maybe flatfish and other vermin will have no real clue either

> Have your ever thought about joining the super sleuths club?

Who told you we aren't already?

0
Peter.Koehlmann (13228)
4/18/2005 7:25:49 PM
begin  risky.vbs
	<1kmtbc24piuiw.1frjexoa4uflv.dlg@40tude.net>,
	Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:

> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:54:47 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>
>> begin  risky.vbs
>> 	<8xiqzkpkaj1j.ajgok42ixwaw.dlg@40tude.net>,
>> 	Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:
>>>
>>> Just for the record, Doug, I've not posted in this newsgroup in 6
>>> months. I don't know who you think I've been posting as, but I've
>>> not been posting here, period.
>>
>> You sure about that Frogger?

> Look at the time stamp on that message, Roy. That was 6 months
> ago.

Less than 5 months Simon.

0
rgc4 (3198)
4/18/2005 11:01:02 PM
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 01:01:02 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:

> begin  risky.vbs
> 	<1kmtbc24piuiw.1frjexoa4uflv.dlg@40tude.net>,
> 	Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:
>>

>> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:54:47 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>>
>>> begin  risky.vbs
>>> 	<8xiqzkpkaj1j.ajgok42ixwaw.dlg@40tude.net>,

>>> You sure about that Frogger?

>> Look at the time stamp on that message, Roy. That was 6 months
>> ago.
>
> Less than 5 months Simon.

Close enough.
begin  virus.scr Simon Cooke wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 01:01:02 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>
>> begin  risky.vbs
>> <1kmtbc24piuiw.1frjexoa4uflv.dlg@40tude.net>,
>> Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:

>>> Look at the time stamp on that message, Roy. That was 6 months
>>> ago.
>>
>> Less than 5 months Simon.
>
> Close enough.

In other words, you retract your claim of "6 month"?
0
Peter.Koehlmann (13228)
4/19/2005 6:18:03 AM
Hi  Nurse_Rotund  ( and Cooke ),  You wrote that Cooke wrote: <<
  So please, don't try fingering me up the arse.
  If you want to suck my cock, you only have to email me.  >>

FYI, Stuff like that makes you my favorite nurse.

0
me4 (19624)
4/19/2005 11:07:48 AM
begin  risky.vbs
	<h2uu9lwdx8r9.k9kk0z7qynzt.dlg@40tude.net>,
	Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 01:01:02 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>> begin  risky.vbs
>> 	<1kmtbc24piuiw.1frjexoa4uflv.dlg@40tude.net>,
>> 	Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:

>>> Look at the time stamp on that message, Roy. That was 6 months
>>> ago.
>>
>> Less than 5 months Simon.
>
> Close enough.

Not really. It's clear you are still reading COLA on a regular basis
so it looks like your addiction to it hasn't been cured. How many
other nyms aside from Frogger have you been using?
0
rgc4 (3198)
4/19/2005 11:24:45 AM
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:24:45 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:

> begin  risky.vbs
> 	<h2uu9lwdx8r9.k9kk0z7qynzt.dlg@40tude.net>,
> 	Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:
>> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 01:01:02 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>>> begin  risky.vbs
>>> 	<1kmtbc24piuiw.1frjexoa4uflv.dlg@40tude.net>,

>>> Less than 5 months Simon.
>>
>> Close enough.
>
> Not really. It's clear you are still reading COLA on a regular basis
> so it looks like your addiction to it hasn't been cured. How many
> other nyms aside from Frogger have you been using?

If you believe that I've still been posting here, and you have excellent
detective skills, why don't you tell me? Because as much as you want to be
a wind up merchant, I'm not going to play that game. Goodbye.
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:24:45 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:

> begin  risky.vbs
> 	<h2uu9lwdx8r9.k9kk0z7qynzt.dlg@40tude.net>,
> 	Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:
>> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 01:01:02 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>>> begin  risky.vbs
>>> 	<1kmtbc24piuiw.1frjexoa4uflv.dlg@40tude.net>,

>>> Less than 5 months Simon.
>>
>> Close enough.
>
> Not really. It's clear you are still reading COLA on a regular basis
> so it looks like your addiction to it hasn't been cured. How many
> other nyms aside from Frogger have you been using?

Oh, and by the way, you'd still be checking this newsgroup too if you'd
been receiving threats from its members after you'd left.
begin  virus.scr Simon Cooke wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:24:45 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>
>> begin  risky.vbs
>> <h2uu9lwdx8r9.k9kk0z7qynzt.dlg@40tude.net>,
>> Simon Cooke <simonREMOVEcooke@earthREMOVElink.net> writes:

>>> Close enough.
>>
>> Not really. It's clear you are still reading COLA on a regular basis
>> so it looks like your addiction to it hasn't been cured. How many
>> other nyms aside from Frogger have you been using?
>
> Oh, and by the way, you'd still be checking this newsgroup too if you'd
> been receiving threats from its members after you'd left.

What threats might those be, asshole?
I am absolutely certain that every threat you might receive is fully
deserved. And won't you tell us what *you* would have done with the data
about posters of this group which you requested? I am certain that you
would not have sent flowers for birthday

0
Peter.Koehlmann (13228)
4/19/2005 5:00:58 PM
begin  fcukyou.vbs It was on Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:00:58 +0200, that Peter
K�hlmann was seen to write:

> begin  virus.scr Simon Cooke wrote:

<snip>
>> Oh, and by the way, you'd still be checking this newsgroup too if you'd
>> been receiving threats from its members after you'd left.
>
> What threats might those be, asshole? I am absolutely certain that every
> threat you might receive is fully deserved. And won't you tell us what
> *you* would have done with the data about posters of this group which you
> requested? I am certain that you would not have sent flowers for birthday

He's had threats? LOL  Him & Dildo should get a room.

--
Technology is supposed to
*empower* users, NOT
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:00:58 +0200, Peter K�hlmann wrote:

> begin  virus.scr Simon Cooke wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:24:45 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>>
>>> begin  risky.vbs
>>> <h2uu9lwdx8r9.k9kk0z7qynzt.dlg@40tude.net>,

>>> Not really. It's clear you are still reading COLA on a regular basis
>>> so it looks like your addiction to it hasn't been cured. How many
>>> other nyms aside from Frogger have you been using?
>>
>> Oh, and by the way, you'd still be checking this newsgroup too if you'd
>> been receiving threats from its members after you'd left.
>
> What threats might those be, asshole?

Read the thread.

> I am absolutely certain that every threat you might receive is fully
> deserved.

After I hadn't posted here for 4 months? Why?

Oh yeah, I remember, posts I made nearly two years ago which I retracted
and apologized for. But hey, that's all the validation anyone needs to
harass me and make threats against me, right?

You have a twisted, sick world view, Peter.
--------------090607070706030603080204

Simon Cooke wrote:

> After I hadn't posted here for 4 months? Why?
>
> Oh yeah, I remember, posts I made nearly two years ago which I retracted
> and apologized for. But hey, that's all the validation anyone needs to
> harass me and make threats against me, right?
>
> You have a twisted, sick world view, Peter.

You're not the only one.

About a month ago I started receiving loads of magazines such as "The
Advocate" "Glamour" "Bass Drummer" and so on in my mailbox...and
thereafter the many requests for payments.

I contacted the Postmaster General, the local F.B.I. office and their
ICe division ( identity theft ) and opened cases with them.  I also had
to go to each and every publisher and (a) send back the magazines, (b)
send back the bills (c) cancel subscriptions (d) request evidence
including physical subscription cards and server logs.

So, I'd say that being in any kind of public forum invites potential
harassers -- at the same time the legal weapons are there to fight back.
   FYI -- a woman in San Francisco pulled the same stunt, and she was
tracked down, prosecuted fined and jailed!

--------------090607070706030603080204

begin:vcard
fn:John Bailo
n:Bailo;John
email;internet:jabailo_public@texeme.com
url:http://texeme.com
version:2.1
end:vcard

--------------090607070706030603080204--
--------------080709060000090601090703

Bright Future wrote:
> Simon Cooke wrote:
>

>> After I hadn't posted here for 4 months? Why?
>>
>> Oh yeah, I remember, posts I made nearly two years ago which I retracted
>> and apologized for. But hey, that's all the validation anyone needs to
>> harass me and make threats against me, right?
>>
>> You have a twisted, sick world view, Peter.
>

> You're not the only one.
>
> About a month ago I started receiving loads of magazines such as "The
> Advocate" "Glamour" "Bass Drummer" and so on in my mailbox...and
> thereafter the many requests for payments.
>
> I contacted the Postmaster General, the local F.B.I. office and their
> ICe division ( identity theft ) and opened cases with them.  I also had
> to go to each and every publisher and (a) send back the magazines, (b)
> send back the bills (c) cancel subscriptions (d) request evidence
> including physical subscription cards and server logs.
>
> So, I'd say that being in any kind of public forum invites potential
> harassers -- at the same time the legal weapons are there to fight back.
>   FYI -- a woman in San Francisco pulled the same stunt, and she was
> tracked down, prosecuted fined and jailed!

Speaking of...

I just went down to my mailbox to get my mail and now have another
photocopy of the original forged subscription card that was mailed to
"Liberation Publications Incorporated" who publish "The Advocate"

( Note: I am in no way offended by the contents of these magazines, it
is simply not one that I would want to subscribe to ).

Anyway, I am collecting these and the great thing is, because they are
physical subscription cards, DNA and fingerprint evidence can be taken.

I will collate this and sent them on to the authorities.

BTW, if the person reading this doubts any of this, I can tell you that
  the card was sent in using a printed label, almost a square, that was
pasted on the right hand side of the subscription card.

So, start planning those days at the State Penitentiary...

--------------080709060000090601090703

begin:vcard
fn:John Bailo
n:Bailo;John
email;internet:jabailo_public@texeme.com
url:http://texeme.com
version:2.1
end:vcard

--------------080709060000090601090703--
Hi  Daeron,  Although I have little in the way of evidence,
I think Simon_Cooke is Kadiacha_Man, DrSquare, Mike_Cox, Milo_T, etc.
He's also called Flatfish a lot, but I don't know if he is the Flatfish+++.

Which means K_Bot probably lives near me, here in Seattle.

0
me4 (19624)
4/27/2005 1:52:57 PM
On 27 Apr 2005 13:52:57 GMT, Jeff_Relf <Me@Privacy.NET> wrote:

>Hi  Daeron,  Although I have little in the way of evidence,
>I think Simon_Cooke is Kadiacha_Man, DrSquare, Mike_Cox, Milo_T, etc.
>He's also called Flatfish a lot, but I don't know if he is the Flatfish+++.
>
>Which means K_Bot probably lives near me, here in Seattle.

You are well of the mark in *EVERYTHING* I didn't realise anyone could
be so dumb.

Simon kook is a brit living in the states.  K-man is a brit, living
most of his life in Australia.  Flatfish is most definately a yank,
and I'm a brit living in Romania for the last 2 years.  Got that!

I still believe however, you are really John Bailo.
--
DrSquare: Linux Advocate (In Retirement)
You may email me if you want, but don't expect a nice
reply, especially the Bailo.  drsquare@NOSPAM.hotmail.co.uk
Remove NOSPAM, obviously. Reg. Linux User 387713, http://counter.li.org/

drsquare3510 (109)
4/27/2005 2:06:46 PM
Hi  DrSquare,  You told me: <<  You are well off the mark in  EVERYTHING
  I didn't realise anyone could be so dumb.

  Simon kook is a brit living in the states.
  K-man is a brit, living most of his life in Australia.
  Flatfish is most definately a yank,
  and I'm a brit living in Romania for the last 2 years.  Got that !

  I still believe however, you are really John Bailo.  >>

Riiight... What are you doing in Romania ?  ( This should be good )

0
me4 (19624)
4/27/2005 2:20:38 PM
On 27 Apr 2005 14:20:38 GMT, Jeff_Relf <Me@Privacy.NET> wrote:

>Hi  DrSquare,  You told me: <<  You are well off the mark in  EVERYTHING
>  I didn't realise anyone could be so dumb.
>
>  Simon kook is a brit living in the states.
>  K-man is a brit, living most of his life in Australia.
>  Flatfish is most definately a yank,
>  and I'm a brit living in Romania for the last 2 years.  Got that !
>
>  I still believe however, you are really John Bailo.  >>
>
>Riiight... What are you doing in Romania ?  ( This should be good )

Never mind what I'm doing here, its none of your business, however
your diversion tactics have been noted.  You avoided the John Bailo
issue, namely YOU are the bailo!!

--
DrSquare: Linux Advocate (In Retirement)
You may email me if you want, but don't expect a nice
reply, especially the Bailo.  drsquare@NOSPAM.hotmail.co.uk
Remove NOSPAM, obviously. Reg. Linux User 387713, http://counter.li.org/

 '.              .'     .               .
       '.           :       :            .''
         :         :       :          .'
          :       :       : :       .'
           :     :        : : : :  :
            :   :' ' ' . :  : : : :
             : :        :   :  : :
              : .'''.   :  .    .:
              : : ` :  : .       :
              '.'...'.'          :
               :'''''  '         :
               :      .         :
                :     :        :
                 '.....:......'

drsquare3510 (109)
4/27/2005 2:32:47 PM
Jeff_Relf wrote:
> Hi  Daeron,  Although I have little in the way of evidence,
> I think Simon_Cooke is Kadiacha_Man, DrSquare, Mike_Cox, Milo_T, etc.
> He's also called Flatfish a lot, but I don't know if he is the Flatfish+++.

Simon Cooke is admittedly Milo_T

He is definitely not any of the others.   For one thing, he seems to
have a very small sense of humor, whereas everything Kadaitcha_Man does
is a joke.

Dr. Square seems knew to me...but not improved.

Mike Cox is a paid troll.

Flatfish+++ is a bored jazzman from Londontown.   He probably would be
happier shooting horse with Dizzy, living in a $50 room in Manhatten in
1956 and not owning a computer.

> Which means K_Bot probably lives near me, here in Seattle.

0
jabailo (8241)
4/27/2005 4:11:16 PM
Hi  John_Bailo,  You wrote: <<  Simon Cooke is admittedly Milo_T
  He is definitely not any of the others.
  For one thing, he seems to have a very small sense of humor,
  whereas everything Kadaitcha_Man does is a joke.  >>

Quite true.

You added: <<  Dr. Square seems new to me... but not improved.  >>

He doesn't seem new to me, he's K_Bot.

You wrote: <<  Mike Cox is a paid troll.  >>

No way, Comp.OS.Linux.Advocacy is not that important,
again, I think he's K_Bot.

You concluded: <<  Flatfish+++ is a bored jazzman from Londontown.
  He probably would be happier shooting horse with Dizzy,
  living in a $50 room in Manhatten in 1956 and not owning a computer.  >>

No, I think he's K_Bot again... but I could be wrong, of course.

0
me4 (19624)
4/27/2005 4:28:53 PM
Jeff_Relf wrote:
> Hi  John_Bailo,  You wrote: <<  Simon Cooke is admittedly Milo_T
>   He is definitely not any of the others.
>   For one thing, he seems to have a very small sense of humor,
>   whereas everything Kadaitcha_Man does is a joke.  >>
>
> Quite true.
>
> You added: <<  Dr. Square seems new to me... but not improved.  >>
>
> He doesn't seem new to me, he's K_Bot.
>
> You wrote: <<  Mike Cox is a paid troll.  >>
>
> No way, Comp.OS.Linux.Advocacy is not that important,
> again, I think he's K_Bot.
>
> You concluded: <<  Flatfish+++ is a bored jazzman from Londontown.
>   He probably would be happier shooting horse with Dizzy,
>   living in a $50 room in Manhatten in 1956 and not owning a computer.  >>
>
> No, I think he's K_Bot again... but I could be wrong, of course.

Kadaitcha Man seems to have all the couth of Okefenokee
alligator...whereas flatfish got class.

Mike Cox has been seen in other places besides COLA (ZDNet, for example)
indicating he has a bankroll.

flatfish may be Dr. Square, or he may be that 10D Meow guy ( thought he
didn't have much technical savvy ).

At any rate, your textural analysis is way off.   Stick to word scans.

0
jabailo (8241)
4/27/2005 5:37:23 PM
Simon Cooke wrote:

> The only reason I'm posting here to defend myself now is because
> about a month ago, Daeron (Doug Mentohl) posted harassing threats to
> my blog that he would contact my employer regarding my posts to COLA.

I don't doubt he would.

I believe he complained to angelfire about my anti-Linux website and had it
TOSsed.

That's what little boys do when they disagree with you.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
4/29/2005 9:40:49 PM
DFS wrote:

> Simon Cooke wrote:
>
>> The only reason I'm posting here to defend myself now is because
>> about a month ago, Daeron (Doug Mentohl) posted harassing threats to
>> my blog that he would contact my employer regarding my posts to COLA.
>
> I don't doubt he would.
>
> I believe he complained to angelfire about my anti-Linux website and had
> it TOSsed.
>
> That's what little boys do when they disagree with you.
Who is Doug Mentohl and why would your employer give a toss about his
opinion of your website.  Surely if it's your site you can say what you
like.
--
faeychild
0
begin  virus.scr faeychild wrote:

> DFS wrote:
>
>> Simon Cooke wrote:
>>
>>> The only reason I'm posting here to defend myself now is because
>>> about a month ago, Daeron (Doug Mentohl) posted harassing threats to
>>> my blog that he would contact my employer regarding my posts to COLA.
>>
>> I don't doubt he would.
>>
>> I believe he complained to angelfire about my anti-Linux website and had
>> it TOSsed.
>>
>> That's what little boys do when they disagree with you.
> Who is Doug Mentohl and why would your employer give a toss about his
> opinion of your website.  Surely if it's your site you can say what you
> like.

*That* he can't. Not by a far stretch
0
Peter.Koehlmann (13228)
4/30/2005 5:05:26 AM
In article <yRxce.8426$QR1.2093@fe04.lga>, "DFS" <nospam@dfs.com>
wrote:
> I believe he complained to angelfire about my anti-Linux website and had it
> TOSsed.

You couldn't do an anti-Linux website without violating your TOS?

--
--Tim Smith
0
Tim Smith wrote:
> In article <yRxce.8426$QR1.2093@fe04.lga>, "DFS" <nospam@dfs.com>
> wrote:
>> I believe he complained to angelfire about my anti-Linux website and
>> had it TOSsed.
>
> You couldn't do an anti-Linux website without violating your TOS?

The actual angelfire terms are so broad that angelfire can apply them at
their discretion to any language they find remotely "objectionable" or
"defamatory".  The site didn't contain a single word of profanity or
obscenity or any "Linux sucks" kind of statements.  It just pointed out some
of the many problems with Linux security and some of the slopware apps.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
4/30/2005 4:09:48 PM
on April 29 2:40pm DuFuS wrote:

> I believe he complained to angelfire about
> my anti-Linux website and had it TOSsed.

You've made this claim before and I offered to host your material on my
site.

That you are lying here is patently obvious. You only pulled the site
after I pointed out that you had altered a SWX document to remove the
visual basic module so we couldn't verify your claims that OO mangled a
word document.

Concordant to that I could equally claim that you are nothing but a
lying sack of shit.

0
doug.mentohl (579)
4/30/2005 6:21:25 PM
Daeron wrote:
> on April 29 2:40pm DuFuS wrote:
>

>>I believe he complained to angelfire about
>>my anti-Linux website and had it TOSsed.
>

> You've made this claim before and I offered to host your material on my
> site.
>
> That you are lying here is patently obvious. You only pulled the site
> after I pointed out that you had altered a SWX document to remove the
> visual basic module so we couldn't verify your claims that OO mangled a
> word document.
>
> Concordant to that I could equally claim that you are nothing but a
> lying sack of shit.

WBM link please?

--
Cheers,

Jim

-begin sig-
Opinions expressed in this message may or may not be representative of
the opinions of its author. You decide.

Web: 	http://www.dotware.co.uk
	http://www.dotware-entertainment.co.uk

Portable: P4m 2.0, 1GB, 40GB, MX440/15" XGA@1600x1200, Wi-Fi, GPRS,
DVD/CDRW, XPSP2/Knoppix
Powerbook G3/400, 392MB, 20GB, Rage 128/15"@1024x768, Wi-Fi, DVD, Mac OS
X 10.4 "Tiger" Dev. Build
Desktop: AMD64 3200+@2.63GHz, 512MB, 80GB, FX5700LE/32" WXGA@2048x768,
DVD+-RW, XPSP1/Debian
FileServer: Athlon XP 2400+, 256MB, 2.72TB, Blind, MuLinux

More but I'm not tellin' ya, there's a pool forming at your feet.
-end sig-
0
james199 (2531)
4/30/2005 7:32:16 PM
Daeron wrote:
> on April 29 2:40pm DuFuS wrote:
>
>> I believe he complained to angelfire about
>> my anti-Linux website and had it TOSsed.
>
> You've made this claim before and I offered to host your material on
> my site.

It's not a claim, moron.  It's an opinion.

> That you are lying here is patently obvious. You only pulled the site
> after I pointed out that you had altered a SWX document to remove the
> visual basic module so we couldn't verify your claims that OO mangled
> a word document.

But then you confirmed the slopware bugs yourself and shut up real quickly.

> Concordant to that I could equally claim that you are nothing but a
> lying sack of shit.

I didn't lie, fool.

Did you or did you not report my angelfire web page for TOS reasons?

0
nospam2091 (10001)
4/30/2005 11:05:01 PM
on Apr 30 4:05 pm DuFuS wrote:

> Daeron wrote:
>> on April 29 2:40pm DuFuS wrote:

>>> I believe he complained to angelfire about
>>> my anti-Linux website and had it TOSsed.

>> You've made this claim before and
>> offered to host you material on my site.

> It's not a claim, moron.  It's an opinion.

Is this some pathetic attempt at being  witty .. :)

>> That you are lying here is patently obvious. You only pulled the
>> site after I pointed out that you had altered a SWX document to
>> remove the visual basic module so we couldn't verify your claims
>> that OO mangled a word document.

> But then you confirmed the slopware
> bugs yourself and shut up real quickly.

I confirmed no such thing. It was you who shut up when asked for proof.

`Do you mind posting the said document to an Angelfire lycos account so
as we all can see for ourselves.' Daeron Sep 27 2004

`Yes I mind ..' DuFuS Sep 27 2004

You then produced a document with the Basic module removed so as we
couldn't test it.

` I tried to look at your macro, but I couldn't open it.'
 Rex Ballard Sep 28 2004

>> Concordant to that I could equally claim
>> that you are nothing but a lying sack of shit.

> I didn't lie, fool.

> Did you or did you not report my angelfire web page for TOS reasons?

Not only did I not, I copied the file to my account to save it for
posterity ;)

http://www.angelfire.com/blog/trollarchive/OO.o.mangler.sxc

Did you or did you not post a sabataged document and then shutdown the
account yourself when called on it.

0
doug.mentohl (579)
5/1/2005 5:11:09 PM
Daeron wrote:
> on Apr 30 4:05 pm DuFuS wrote:
>
>> Daeron wrote:

>>> You've made this claim before and
>>> offered to host you material on my site.
>
>> It's not a claim, moron.  It's an opinion.
>
> Is this some pathetic attempt at being  witty .. :)

It's an attempt at straightening out your lies.

>>> That you are lying here is patently obvious. You only pulled the
>>> site after I pointed out that you had altered a SWX document to
>>> remove the visual basic module so we couldn't verify your claims
>>> that OO mangled a word document.
>
>> But then you confirmed the slopware
>> bugs yourself and shut up real quickly.
>
> I confirmed no such thing.

'Cause you're too chickenshit to load OO.o and watch it overwrite your data
without warning, and post the results to cola.

> It was you who shut up when asked for proof.

> `Do you mind posting the said document to an Angelfire lycos account
> so as we all can see for ourselves.' Daeron Sep 27 2004
>
> `Yes I mind ..' DuFuS Sep 27 2004

And I told you why I minded - it was a confidential document.

> You then produced a document with the Basic module removed so as we
> couldn't test it.
>
> ` I tried to look at your macro, but I couldn't open it.'
> Rex Ballard Sep 28 2004

My fault - I didn't save the macro with the document.  It saved to the
default location, which was on my local drive.  But I later posted a doc
with the macro saved in it.  Nothing's changed.  The OO.o slopware still
destroys your data without warning.  And you're still too chickenshit to
admit the truth.

>> Did you or did you not report my angelfire web page for TOS reasons?
>
> Not only did I not, I copied the file to my account to save it for
> posterity ;)
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/blog/trollarchive/OO.o.mangler.sxc

But I notice you're too chickenshit to archive the file with the crapware OO
macro.

> Did you or did you not post a sabataged document and then shutdown the
> account yourself when called on it.

No.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
5/1/2005 7:45:29 PM
on May 01 12:45pm DuFuS wrote:

Daeron wrote:
>> on Apr 30 4:05 pm DuFuS wrote:
<snip>
> And I told you why I minded - it was a confidential document.

This is total b****x. You don't have any such `confidential' document.
How difficult was is it to remove the origional data and subsitute
simulated data. You had *no* *such* document to begin with.

>> You then produced a document with the Basic
>> module removed so as we couldn't test it.

>> ` I tried to look at your macro, but I couldn't open it.'
>> Rex Ballard Sep 28 2004

> My fault - I didn't save the macro with the document.
> It saved to the default location, which was on my local drive ..

This is a downright lie. Show us how OO saves a macro to any other
location but to the default document. It's stores as a zipped XML
document after all. So as it is viewable by any XML aware viewer.

And I *don't* mean by manipulating some obscure feature - just by
default. Tell us where exactly *your* macro was stored on the C:\
drive.

>>> Did you or did you not report my
>>> angelfire web page for TOS reasons?

>> Not only did I not, I copied the file to
>> my account to save it for posterity ;)

>> http://www.angelfire.com/blog/trollarchive/OO.o.mangler.sxc

> But I notice you're too chickenshit to archiv
> the file with the crapware OO macro.

You mean the one you forged later. Shuffle, shuffle and b****x

And also - why would I save *your* file just to complain to Angelfire.
Don't make any sense. Sounds to me like you are one desperate TROLL ..
;)

>> Did you or did you not post a sabataged document and
>> then shutdown the account yourself when called on it.

> No.

*LIAR*, *LIAR*, *PANTS* ON *FIRE* ...

0
doug.mentohl (579)
5/2/2005 8:51:12 PM
Daeron wrote:
> on May 01 12:45pm DuFuS wrote:
>
> Daeron wrote:
>>> on Apr 30 4:05 pm DuFuS wrote:
> <snip>
>> And I told you why I minded - it was a confidential document.
>
> This is total b****x. You don't have any such `confidential' document.
> How difficult was is it to remove the origional data and subsitute
> simulated data. You had *no* *such* document to begin with.

The confidential document was a Word 2000 .doc which wouldn't open in OO.o
without getting mangled - but it had nothing to do with a macro.

>>> You then produced a document with the Basic
>>> module removed so as we couldn't test it.
>
>>> ` I tried to look at your macro, but I couldn't open it.'
>>> Rex Ballard Sep 28 2004
>
>> My fault - I didn't save the macro with the document.
>> It saved to the default location, which was on my local drive ..
>
> This is a downright lie. Show us how OO saves a macro to any other
> location but to the default document. It's stores as a zipped XML
> document after all. So as it is viewable by any XML aware viewer.

> And I *don't* mean by manipulating some obscure feature - just by
> default. Tell us where exactly *your* macro was stored on the C:\
> drive.

Setting is found in Tools | Options | OpenOffice.org | Paths | BASIC

C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 1.9.95\share\basic
C:\Documents and Settings\DFS\Application
Data\OpenOffice.org1.9.79\user\basic\Standard\Module1.xba

I believe this second path is the new setting since version 1.1.2 (which is
what I was using back then).

 > And also - why would I save *your* file just to complain to Angelfire.
> Don't make any sense. Sounds to me like you are one desperate TROLL ..
> ;)

I am desperate.  But I don't troll, and I didn't lie about anything.

>>> Did you or did you not post a sabataged document and
>>> then shutdown the account yourself when called on it.
>
>> No.
>
> *LIAR*, *LIAR*, *PANTS* ON *FIRE* ...

You can ease your hysterics by loading up OO.o Calc and recording a simple
mangler macro yourself.  Then run it and watch the slopware overwrite your
data without warning.  (I'm now using ver 1.9.95 for Windows, and it mangles
the data as earlier versions did).

- open a new OO.o spreadsheet
- start in A1
- click Tools | Macros | Record Macro
- move to C8
- enter 1,2,3 in cells C8,C9,C10
- move to C11
(use keyboard for all operations in the next 2 steps)
- enter formula =SUM(now move up 1, hit shift to anchor, move up 2 more,
close paren)
- hit return (C11 shows 6)
- click Stop Recording
- save the macro with a new name.

Now clear the data on the sheet, and run the new macro.

The error occurs when you run a macro that used the keyboard (not mouse) to
select a range for a Sum (or any aggregate) operation.

Now relax.  It's just a fairly minor slopware bug.  True, it hasn't been
fixed since being reported (by Rob Hughes in late Sep 2004).

But it's not like anyone uses OO.o anyway.

0
nospam2091 (10001)
5/3/2005 2:51:55 AM
On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:51:55 -0400, DFS wrote:

> Daeron wrote:
>> on May 01 12:45pm DuFuS wrote:

>> <snip>
>>> And I told you why I minded - it was a confidential document.
>>
>> This is total b****x. You don't have any such `confidential' document.
>> How difficult was is it to remove the origional data and subsitute
>> simulated data. You had *no* *such* document to begin with.
>
> The confidential document was a Word 2000 .doc which wouldn't open in OO.o
> without getting mangled - but it had nothing to do with a macro.

>>> My fault - I didn't save the macro with the document.
>>> It saved to the default location, which was on my local drive ..
>>
>> This is a downright lie. Show us how OO saves a macro to any other
>> location but to the default document. It's stores as a zipped XML
>> document after all. So as it is viewable by any XML aware viewer.
>
>> And I *don't* mean by manipulating some obscure feature - just by
>> default. Tell us where exactly *your* macro was stored on the C:\
>> drive.
>
> Setting is found in Tools | Options | OpenOffice.org | Paths | BASIC
>
> C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 1.9.95\share\basic
> C:\Documents and Settings\DFS\Application
> Data\OpenOffice.org1.9.79\user\basic\Standard\Module1.xba
>
> I believe this second path is the new setting since version 1.1.2 (which is
> what I was using back then).
>

>  > And also - why would I save *your* file just to complain to Angelfire.
>> Don't make any sense. Sounds to me like you are one desperate TROLL ..
>> ;)
>
> I am desperate.  But I don't troll, and I didn't lie about anything.

You don't troll? Yeah, and I'm Pope Benedict.

>>> No.
>>
>> *LIAR*, *LIAR*, *PANTS* ON *FIRE* ...
>
> You can ease your hysterics by loading up OO.o Calc and recording a simple
> mangler macro yourself.  Then run it and watch the slopware overwrite your
> data without warning.  (I'm now using ver 1.9.95 for Windows, and it mangles
> the data as earlier versions did).
>
> - open a new OO.o spreadsheet
> - start in A1
> - click Tools | Macros | Record Macro
> - move to C8
> - enter 1,2,3 in cells C8,C9,C10
> - move to C11
> (use keyboard for all operations in the next 2 steps)
> - enter formula =SUM(now move up 1, hit shift to anchor, move up 2 more,
> close paren)
> - hit return (C11 shows 6)
> - click Stop Recording
> - save the macro with a new name.
>
> Now clear the data on the sheet, and run the new macro.

Macros aren't that vital.

> The error occurs when you run a macro that used the keyboard (not mouse) to
> select a range for a Sum (or any aggregate) operation.
>
> Now relax.  It's just a fairly minor slopware bug.  True, it hasn't been
> fixed since being reported (by Rob Hughes in late Sep 2004).

He probably has more important fixes to complete first.

> But it's not like anyone uses OO.o anyway.

Wrong.

--
Kier

0
vallon (8614)
5/3/2005 2:08:11 PM
begin   oe_virus.scr It was on Tue, 03 May 2005 15:08:11 +0100, that Kier
was seen to write:

> On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:51:55 -0400, DFS wrote:
<snip>

>> I am desperate.  But I don't troll, and I didn't lie about anything.
>
> You don't troll? Yeah, and I'm Pope Benedict.

He doesn't lie? He should have been called Pinocchio, IMO.

<snip>
> He probably has more important fixes to complete first.
>>
>> But it's not like anyone uses OO.o anyway.
>
> Wrong.

Looks like his nose grew another 2 feet.
I have it on two machines, my partner has it on her windoze machine & her
linux machine. A friend has also told me that her place of work is now
changing over to OOo. They say it will save money on M$ licence fees,
which they can put to better use.

--
With GPL the only thing Microsoft
gets for free is nightmares.