Korora Linux 25

OK, I have to recommend this distribution. Everything works beautifully
out of the box even on my hardware and installing the NVIDIA driver,
unlike with Ubuntu 16.10, does not render the desktop unbootable. The
only issue it had was to load Steam, but that was remedied by installing
the 32-bit NVIDIA drivers. It also doesn't detect my USB printer
connected to the router but I stopped giving a shit especially since the
thing is clogging up and seems to want to be replaced with a newer model
which will undoubtedly run fine in Linux.

It gives me some annoying "Bluetooth patch missing" error at bootup and
I wish I knew how to remove that but something tells me that I can't.

--
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7

Proud bigot
0
Silver

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 13:56:27 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:

> OK, I have to recommend this distribution. Everything works beautifully
> out of the box even on my hardware and installing the NVIDIA driver,
> unlike with Ubuntu 16.10, does not render the desktop unbootable. The
> only issue it had was to load Steam, but that was remedied by installing
> the 32-bit NVIDIA drivers. It also doesn't detect my USB printer
> connected to the router but I stopped giving a shit especially since the
> thing is clogging up and seems to want to be replaced with a newer model
> which will undoubtedly run fine in Linux.
>
> It gives me some annoying "Bluetooth patch missing" error at bootup and
> I wish I knew how to remove that but something tells me that I can't.

If you don't need Bluetooth, you should be able to go to startup (in
settings -- system settings -- startup and shutdown) and disable
Bluetooth on startup.

--
Testing Korora 25 KDE
0
On 2016-12-20 1:47 AM, RonB wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 13:56:27 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:
>
>> OK, I have to recommend this distribution. Everything works beautifully
>> out of the box even on my hardware and installing the NVIDIA driver,
>> unlike with Ubuntu 16.10, does not render the desktop unbootable. The
>> only issue it had was to load Steam, but that was remedied by installing
>> the 32-bit NVIDIA drivers. It also doesn't detect my USB printer
>> connected to the router but I stopped giving a shit especially since the
>> thing is clogging up and seems to want to be replaced with a newer model
>> which will undoubtedly run fine in Linux.
>>
>> It gives me some annoying "Bluetooth patch missing" error at bootup and
>> I wish I knew how to remove that but something tells me that I can't.
>
> If you don't need Bluetooth, you should be able to go to startup (in
> settings -- system settings -- startup and shutdown) and disable
> Bluetooth on startup.

Bluetooth is only useful if you use Bluetooth accessories like a mouse.
On a gaming machine, such a thing is not ideal either way. I just
thought that it was annoying. Everything else about the distribution was
spectacular, especially the package manager (dnf) which I thought was a
gigantic improvement over yum.