linux today - "The consistent failure of Linux to grab even 1% of the desktop OS market"

bawawawa!!!!

linux. I hate it already!!!!

http://fr.linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2010081101435OSMR

      The consistent failure of Linux to grab even 1% of the desktop OS
market
      Aug 11, 2010

  "Linux has been around for almost two decades now. It has become a
resounding success as a server OS (for example as the L in the famous LAMP
stack), and more recently as a mobile OS (Android). But what about on the
desktop?

  "Linux enthusiasts have been predicting the rise of Linux as a desktop OS
for the better part of a decade. To name just one of many examples, in 2003,
Siemens Business Systems predicted that Linux would have captured 20% of the
desktop market by 2008.

  "Well, it's now 2010, and desktop Linux isn't even close to 20%. Or one
tenth of that."

0
fredie (24)

On 2010-10-10, One Shot, One-Kill <fredie@gmail.com> wrote:

One snot, one shill wanks on about the shrinking "desktop market"...

Who the fuck cares about "the desktop"?

Oh, I know ....WINTROLLS...

Is there even a desktop "market" any more?

Linux is EVERYWHERE! It's on your router..it's in your TV it's on your
phone...

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power
0
ZekeGregory (6440)
10/10/2010 5:36:07 AM
On 10 Oct 2010 05:36:07 GMT, Gregory Shearman
<ZekeGregory@netscape.net> wrote:
> One snot, one shill wanks on about the shrinking "desktop market"...

> Who the fuck cares about "the desktop"?

What a total joke he is about.

> Is there even a desktop "market" any more?

Someone tell stupid that there will continue to be a desktop and
laptop market.

He will be dust in his grave and, he will be dead for a long long
very long time before the desktop goes away.

> Linux is EVERYWHERE! It's on your router..it's in your TV it's on
your

But not at the desktop does it have dominance and it  doesn't  have
dominance at the servers either other than Web servers. But
everything doesn't run on Web servers.

Android on the smartphone is cool, but business and consumers that
can't afford the Droid or the wireless provider's plan are going to
be running to these smartphones.  One has to have some money in their
pockets to mess around with a Droid. There are a lot of people that
are broke and poor in the world, and they will be on the desktop.

This person is a clown doing wishful thinking.  :)

--
posted with a Droid
0
> On 2010-10-10, One Shot, One-Kill <fredie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One snot, one shill wanks on about the shrinking "desktop market"...
>
> Who the fuck cares about "the desktop"?

Sure, Assman, "the desktop" is not important, we believe you.
All those companies worldwide (running Windows) in *every* industry don't
need desktop PC's.
There is a massive migration going on from desktops to Linux devices, Linux
is EVERYWHERE!
An engineering friend of mine told me he did the complete design of a new
cruise ship on his Android?
My secretary told me she did a new grant application with OpenMoko phone!
Tell me Assman, is there a history of lunacy or retardation running in your
family?
<aside>
Nurse!, more meds for Zeke!!

0
clogwog (1758)
10/10/2010 9:01:44 AM
Gregory Shearman wrote:
> One Shot, One-Kill wrote:
>
> One snot, one shill wanks on about the shrinking "desktop market"...
> Who the fuck cares about "the desktop"? Oh, I know ....WINTROLLS...
> Is there even a desktop "market" any more?
>
> Linux is EVERYWHERE! It's on your router..it's in your TV it's on
> your phone...

I pay zilch attention to OSOK, either a flatfish or Duane Arnold The Bee
nym.  It flames and insults advocates, is a luser through and through,
just not worth responding to. It was bozo binned a long time ago.

--
HPT
0
<hpt@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> It flames and insults advocates, is a luser through and through,
> just not worth responding to. It was bozo binned a long time ago.

Myself, I won't kf Wendy Toilet Water, because it has a weak flush
and can't flush its way out of the ng.

It's obvious that this fool has not kf-ed anyone. It is obvious it is
a total liar and not a person of its word swimming in its own toilet
water filled with its overflowing crap, a pos.

--
posted with a Droid
0
"Gregory Shearman" <ZekeGregory@netscape.net> wrote in message
> On 2010-10-10, One Shot, One-Kill <fredie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One snot, one shill wanks on about the shrinking "desktop market"...
>
> Who the fuck cares about "the desktop"?

everyone you stupid fsck. you probably posted your stupid drivel from a
desktop didn't you?

> Oh, I know ....WINTROLLS...

moron stupidity from assboy.

> Is there even a desktop "market" any more?

it's the biggest market in the computer industry asswipe. so what PDA did
you use to make your idiot post from?  my bet is you posted from a desktop
or laptop you stupid fsck.

> Linux is EVERYWHERE! It's on your router..it's in your TV it's on your
> phone...

linux is nowhere to be seen. because a router or a microwave oven runs linux
means nothing to people who uses computers.

0
One
10/10/2010 4:39:35 PM
On 2010-10-10, One Shot, One-Kill <fredie@gmail.com> wrote:
> bawawawa!!!!
>
> linux. I hate it already!!!!
>

> http://fr.linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2010081101435OSMR
>
>       The consistent failure of Linux to grab even 1% of the desktop OS
> market
>       Aug 11, 2010
>

>   "Linux has been around for almost two decades now. It has become a
> resounding success as a server OS (for example as the L in the famous LAMP
> stack), and more recently as a mobile OS (Android). But what about on the
> desktop?

s/Linux/Macintosh/g

[deletia]

   Compared to the Mac, Linux "frustration" is nothing. Apple not only
delivered a fully complete system 14 years before any modern Unix desktop
was started, they had a long early lead on their primary competition in
the marketplace.

   Although it ultimately didn't kill that platform either (MacOS).

--
	The social cost of suing/prosecuting individuals           |||
for non-commercial copyright infringement far outweighs           / | \
On 2010-10-10, One Shot, One-Kill <fredie@gmail.com> wrote:

[frenetic babble]

One snot, One shill still pulling hard....

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power
0
Gregory
10/10/2010 8:28:13 PM
On 10 Oct 2010 20:28:13 GMT, Gregory Shearman
<ZekeGregory@netscape.net> wrote:

> [frenetic babble]

> One snot, One shill still pulling hard....

Translation:  He has no comeback on  his deskktop is dead BS.

--
posted with a Droid
0
Gregory Shearman wrote:

> On 2010-10-10, One Shot, One-Kill <fredie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One snot, one shill wanks on about the shrinking "desktop market"...
>
> Who the fuck cares about "the desktop"?
>
> Oh, I know ....WINTROLLS...
>
> Is there even a desktop "market" any more?
>
> Linux is EVERYWHERE! It's on your router..it's in your TV it's on your
> phone...

Well we know tha flaw with "market share" stats, which has been discussed
over & over.

And right at the end of that article it says:
"The OS market share data from StatCounter is based on visitor stats from
more than three million websites."

Wonderful, isn't it.

--
KANSAS: Hayfever capital of the Midwest!
FreeBSD 8.1 64-bit; Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit

0
William