Maui test -- successful

With an uptime of nearly three days (from my Thumb Drive) with no
glitches at all, I would say my test of Maui was a success. I was (am)
able to do everything I wanted to do on it (except there's no widget for
displaying the temperature on the panel -- Weather Forecast has the
temperature but you have to click on it to see it). Surprisingly I like
KDE 5.8.x quite a bit -- and I was able to get around in it and customize
it with a very little learning curve. It came with a docked terminal
called Yakuake that I liked a lot -- I'm going to see if it's available
for Linux Mint Mate. I liked Audacious for playing music (hadn't seen
this WinAmp clone for a long time and forgotten I used to use it). Pan
worked great (as usual). Firefox came with AdBlock Plus pre-installed and
with an "Ant" video downloader, which was interesting -- not really much
call for it. All codecs and Flash were installed by default, so Maui is a
complete distribution "out of box." It came with LibreOffice 5.1.4.2
(which I used a couple times) and it was solid (as usual). It had no
issues with my ancient Radeon HD-2400 Pro video card or with my Belkin
USB WiFi adapter. This is a very solid distribution -- even though Maui
is "new" I guess this is a continuation of the old Netrunner(?) -- so
it's not really new -- and its polish shows.

The "problem" with Linux is not that there aren't any good choices --
it's that there's so many good choices. (A "problem" I like.) Maui is
just one of those good choices -- maybe one of the best (especially in
the KDE family). It's nice to know that -- should Mate suddenly drop off
the face of the earth -- KDE would be an easy to learn and use
replacement.

--
Testing Maui Linux
0