Re: DFS Humongous Failure -- Read and Laugh Heartily

Oops!  I make tiny boo boo.  My little finger slippy.

Change "strcspn()" to strspn().

The results are still the same, however.

But gcc optimization must parallelize the loop somewhat
because the results are faster than expected.  Try to compile
with "-O1" instead.

Any objections?

Well, you must have mistaken me for someone who gives a fuck.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

----
GNU/Linux Advocate # 57,635,458,241

Hail Linux!  Hail GNU and the FSF!  Hail Stallman!
"Do I contradict myself?  Very well then, I contradict myself.
I am large; I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman

0
Frank

Frank Rifle wrote:

> Oops!  I make tiny boo boo.  My little finger slippy.
>
> Change "strcspn()" to strspn().
>
> The results are still the same, however.

And totally irrelevant to the real world. Your code fails miserably with
Unicode strings. Which means that you can't use it outside of your tiny
world

0
Peter
12/18/2016 8:44:32 PM
On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 21:44:32 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> And totally irrelevant to the real world. Your code fails miserably with
> Unicode strings.

That's because it doesn't address Unicode, as I have clearly stated,
although there is a wcsspn() that will address Unicode.

Obviously, you have no clue what is being done here.

Get out and don't ever comment on my posts again.

0
Frank
12/18/2016 9:07:01 PM
Frank Rifle wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 21:44:32 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>

>> And totally irrelevant to the real world. Your code fails miserably with
>> Unicode strings.
>>

> That's because it doesn't address Unicode, as I have clearly stated,
> although there is a wcsspn() that will address Unicode.

Well, your "incredibly superior" code did not even address that (important)
difference. Which was the the real difference between your code example (IF
you had used unicode detection) and the one from DFS. And you were unable to
even recognize that fact
As I said: Your code is completely useless in the real world

> Obviously, you have no clue what is being done here.

Obviously, I do. Otherwise I would not have shown that your code is useless,
and why

> Get out and don't ever comment on my posts again.

Will do. When you are able to post good code.
Which will not happen the next 200 years

0
Peter